The Jungler's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roninsm

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksGoCAW View Post
This is how I jungle with Amumu. Kind of differs from the previous guy a bit

Champion Name: Amumu
strengths - Can take Golem at level 1; good ganking and escape utilities
weaknesses - Very team and item dependent; weak early game; goes through jungle relatively slowly
item start and quick rough build - Doran's Shield+HP Pots; Pots; Boots+Pots; Whatever you want (probably Sunfire's cape)
summoner skills/runes/masteries (1 line quick list) - Flash+Cleanse/Ghost, Flat HP, Dodge, MR, and some CDR, 0/21/9 or 0/9/21
jungle pattern - Get Despair first and head for Golem; make sure you autoattack him once before you pop despair. You're probably going to need to use your pot and then head back to base after this. After Golem, finish off the upper jungle -> Elder Lizard -> Wraiths -> Finish off bottom jungle.

Despair > Tantrum > Despair > Bandage Toss > Despair > Curse of the Sad Mummy

With this build, you should be able to solo dragon at level 4 or 5, with some pots and some armor (and that's without Heal/Smite). I focus more on late game and team battles and just use the jungle early game since I'm not much of a harasser anyways (might as well let another team mate level quickly, n'ah mean?), so that explains why I don't really focus my masteries and spells around improving/speeding up my jungling.

I didn't know you could get golem without smite. Good to know.

The problem I have with maxing despair over tantrum is that it makes it much harder to gank effectively without the burst damage. The tradeoff is being able to do an earlier dragon though, so I guess it's a matter of preference.

HawksGoCAW

04-28-2010

Well, Tantrum doesn't really do all that much damage, especially if you build Amumu like a tank. I feel that if you're going to be ganking, you're probably going to help the most through your utility (i.e. bandage toss' stun and Ult's snare) and not necessarily damage.

Also, I didn't post it, but after 6, I prioritize tantrum over despair. I THINK, but I'm not sure, that you can probably go:

despair > tantrum > despair > bandage toss > tantrum

and still be able to do Dragon at 4 or 5, so that'll help max out tantrum earlier if you're more inclined to do so.

tCOperator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

I'm not going to claim that I'm a superstar jungler with Warwick, but in most games, I'll start with a wolf or golem camp. I buy cloth armour, and take Hunter's Call first. If I get the paired golems first, I'll smite one. With a maxed +XP mastery and a +2%XP quint, I'll be level 2 instantly, and then I moved to the wraiths, after grabbing Hungering Bite.

I can generally keep relatively close in level to the middle lane champs, and I'll usually do the dragon @ lvl 5, after I've grabbed boots and my madreds. The earliest I've managed to kill the dragon is 5:30, but it's usually around the 7:00 mark.

Adel Dijerek

04-28-2010

Hmm...wouldn't Mundo be able to jungle? His passive naturally restores a nice chunk of health to him, and cleaverspam disposes of small minions really quickly (and by Champion Level 3, a high health Mundo can easily solo TT's lizard, possibly SR's lizard and the golem too). Additionally, as soon as he hits level 2 he can absolutely tear through mobs due to Masochism's boosted damage. Maybe his level 1 is so bad he just can't pull it off, but it's probably worth it to test jungle Mundo.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel Dijerek View Post
Hmm...wouldn't Mundo be able to jungle? His passive naturally restores a nice chunk of health to him, and cleaverspam disposes of small minions really quickly (and by Champion Level 3, a high health Mundo can easily solo TT's lizard, possibly SR's lizard and the golem too). Additionally, as soon as he hits level 2 he can absolutely tear through mobs due to Masochism's boosted damage. Maybe his level 1 is so bad he just can't pull it off, but it's probably worth it to test jungle Mundo.
yes he can, and I will add him. I may have to neglect updates on this list until tomorrow or sat. busy next two days.

Anarchy656

04-29-2010

So far it's looking good, looking forward to the whole read. Cheers, +1.

HeyJon

04-29-2010

it tricky with mundo his spells cost hp which is a big deal when your jungling at level 1.

xahhfink6

04-29-2010

Just started doing this recently:

Champion Name: Alistar
strengths - High HP + Heal, normally weak laning phase
weaknesses - Does not build jungle items (only good jungling early)
item start and quick rough build - Cloth armor + Hp pots, then build as normal
summoner skills/runes/masteries (1 line quick list) - Flash + smite, Dodge, HP Quints
jungle pattern - Golem, camp1, wraiths, lizard, camp2 END JUNGLING

nicosharp

04-29-2010

i never knew Alistar could jungle? he hits so slow, and tends to take a beating. cool.

xahhfink6

04-29-2010

^^ yeah me neither really, but I was theorycrafting, tested a couple times to make sure it worked, and have been having success...

I just go Golem then work through both jungles in a line, hit 4 and go for a gank before joining the solo lanes.

He attacks slow but he hits hard and with golem + his new heal he doesnt die or have to back. i was running attack speed in marks but he does fine with armor pen too, don't have any tank marks but he should still be fine, golem only takes like half his hp if you pop a potion