How to WIN at LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheriffLobo

04-28-2010

wait...humans is back? Or did someone just jack his account to confuse the **** out of me?

md86

04-28-2010

I approve this message.

Arthas Menethil

04-28-2010

I sense a lack of boldness in this thread.

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyCheese View Post
Hmm. You troll, rage, quit, and then return to make a constructive post.

I'm confused.
I made this guide ages ago, and it was trolled by people who knew me

I trolled for the same reason they did, boredom, mostly from long queue times for high ELO lol.

I raged because I had, and still have, such high expectations for LoL and Riot, so much of their team is made of win.

I quit because the high ELO crowd became tainted by mostly goofballs and jerks, and no I'm not talking about people like Reginald (who is awesome btw!) I'm talking about no-name randoms who talk trash like they are the best LoL players ever, when they didn't even have a team and had never played a competitive game of LoL...

Oh that and SC2 beta is the greatest thing ever

I used to, and hope to (if I ever play again, PLEASE BRACKHAR REDUCE THE RNG) continue to, make the occasional constructive post. Because deep down I love LoL.

P.S. MOAR BOALD PLX

Truhls

04-28-2010

Pfft, newb you are horrible. Lrn2Play.

BuckBanzai

04-28-2010

Very good points made - my (much less experienced) thoughts:

1) Team ganks are often very fruitful but personally I think they're in bad taste if done before at least one tower is down. That's my problem - the more gank/team play there is, the more wins there are.

2) I don't think Nashor's buff is all that good a tactic. I'd say about a third of the time my team gets Nashor's, we're ganked on the way out or the buff is stolen by the enemy striking Nashor over the rocks. All too often 2-3 teammates have to blue pill after Nashor to heal (or they want to buy something) leaving the remainder very vulnerable. I'd say about half the time we've gotten Nashor the game was already won anyway and we're just getting the buffs for the final push. Only in the remaining 1/6th of the time is it truly beneficial - but I'm still not convinced that pushing towers or collecting other buffs wouldn't have been more so.

And I think you left off map control - knowing where the enemy is and what they're doing is very very important. That allows you to wander off alone if you need to or keep close to the team otherwise.

ChrisH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas Menethil View Post
I sense a lack of boldness in this thread.
Quite the bold statement.

JonTehKnight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

I'm not sure I can take you seriously, you made a great OP then call Reginald "great" in the same thread.

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
Pfft, newb you are horrible. Lrn2Play.
Vaguely reminiscent

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJon117 View Post
I'm not sure I can take you seriously, you made a great OP then call Reginald "great" in the same thread.
Done a lot more for this game then people give him credit for. If only you knew the guy a little better