2k ELO tryn: @Morello & @RIOT: why NERF tryn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aacron

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsnypre View Post
Yeah, Woot, Annie will do like 15 less damage per ability at max level, we should all celebrate and rejoice the downfall of the once powerful Annie, and ignore all the trolling of the community Riot has done with Tryndamere, Kayle, the near non-existant buff to Jax, the Galio tweak (not even enough to call a buff) etc. All hail the mighty Riot balance team.
annies double cast is gone, she is now balanced.. xthxhaveaniceday

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

07-25-2011

Passive CHANGED to 35%crit based off fury from 50% crit based off hp ( also no 10% crit at full hp(& no fury) anymore)

Bloodlust
NERF (only heals for 300 max now, instead of 400) & increased cooldown +4s & Lower AD early (40 vs 20max but buffed late to 60) & removed crit dmg completely. Although u have to be like 1hp for 20ad ... yay

Spinning Slash NERF now 13 sec cooldown vs 9s total (its normally last to max since the dmg on it is pathetic, which seems like they took off 60 dmg off the base from it anyways to make it worse). 99% likely removed 2second cooldown reduction per crit.

Mocking BUFF at least u can use it without 25hp cost (all ranks), but its still on a 14 second cooldown even @ rank 5....

Mocking(25hp) + Spinning slash (40hp) = 65hp SAVED on a 13-14 second cooldown

P.S. No chance in surviving that ignite during his ult anymore with a -100 hp on his heal.

Can't believe they think Tryndamere is OP, guess dev team is all low ELO and never build HP or defenses or they just make a team of no CC, no exhaust or no ignite.

I was hoping to see a nice buff to make trynd viable in higher elo, but it just seems like they nerfed his kit more than anything, and I'm usually one not to jump the gun on this one before trying out a character, but I had to state it.

PoopPoop

07-25-2011

tell this cry baby to quit cryin cuz you play tryndamere which makes you a *****...he's still extremely OP

MortalBeing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLTanG View Post
Passive CHANGED to 35%crit based off fury from 50% crit based off hp ( also no 10% crit at full hp(& no fury) anymore)

Bloodlust
NERF (only heals for 300 max now, instead of 400) & increased cooldown +4s & Lower AD early (40 vs 20max but buffed late to 60) & removed crit dmg completely.

Spinning Slash NERF now 13 sec cooldown vs 9s total (its normally last to max since the dmg on it is pathetic, which seems like they took off 60 dmg off the base from it anyways to make it worse)

Mocking BUFF at least u can use it without 25hp cost (all ranks), but its still on a 14 second cooldown even @ rank 5....

Mocking(25hp) + Spinning slash (40hp) = 65hp SAVED on a 13-14 second cooldown

P.S. No chance in surviving that ignite during his ult anymore with a -100 hp on his heal.

Can't believe they think Tryndamere is OP, guess dev team is all low ELO and never build HP or defenses or they just make a team of no CC, no exhaust or no ignite.

I was hoping to see a nice buff to make trynd viable in higher elo, but it just seems like they nerfed his kit more than anything, and I'm usually one not to jump the gun on this one before trying out a character, but I had to state it.
The most disgusting nerf is the crit damage removal on blood-lust.

TofuShift

07-25-2011

Haha I remember playing with you trynd.. it got me into it. I also have a friend who mains trynd only (chilling at 1800 elo I think) and we both consider this a nerf aswell..

They were pretty vague about the numbers.. but yeah it sounds like a solid nerf. Why though? I felt like trynd wasn't that good already since most teams at high ELO have alot of CC trynd is basically useless.

IMO his main viablity was the huge AD he got from bloodlust early, combined with crit runes. And then his scaleing end-game. But he kinda lost that.. ;s?

OJ191

07-25-2011

I havn't mathed it in a while, but isn't it possible to reach the critD cap (300% i believe?) with runes + infinity edge? So couldn't you just use crit damage runes to reach that cap, and use the extra crit chance you get instead of using crit chance runes? NOT a tryndamere player but I was considering going full critD runes on vayne at one point for a troll build before the nerfs (tumble and ultimate bonus damage both get increased by crit unless they changed it since then, havn't played her in a while), so I mathed it back then but can't remember exactly what the results were.

Since you no longer need to be low health to get the increased crit chance, and there is quite a long window before degrading (10 seconds while out of combat). I think Jungle trynd will be even better with these changes, since he can easily build up full fury to get the increased crit chance in the jungle, then go out into a lane to gank still at full health with all that bonus crit chance.

Bear in mind this is all based on reading about tryndamere and these changes, and having a few friends who play him sometimes, I don't actually own him sooo feel free to **** on my arguments if you want.

Krom

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ View Post
*Riot removes 100 healing from the max rank of bloodlust*

whiner's reaction: "TOTALLY UNNECESSARY NERF RIOT!"

*Riot removes the 25 hp cost of mocking shout and 80 hp cost of spinning slash*

whiner's reaction: "Meh, totally negligible change. Won't even notice it."

Never change guys, never change....

and by never change, i mean change asap because you guys are idiots
Never change guy who thinks he's smart but demonstrates he has no real knowledge of the topic he is criticizing others on.

The reason the -100hp on full Bloodlust is a huge nerf is because that is what you're healing yourself with after your ult fades in an attempt to not die, especially to the last tic or two of an Ignite, which is cutting that heal in half to boot. So yeah, its a BFD.

The health costs on his abilities didn't matter because they synergized with his reckless play style. The lower your HP the more powerful you are... it was also a way for him to actualy hurt himself a little if he wanted to. Finally, when his ult is running those abilities were basically free as well. This is why nobody who knows anything about Tryn cares about getting these crumbs thrown at them in exchange for the big nerfs.

Mjaxon

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyFa METZ View Post
tell this cry baby to quit cryin cuz you play tryndamere which makes you a *****...he's still extremely OP
baddie got wrecked by tryn, lol.

leoexcalibur

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
You underestimate the power of +35% crit chance at full health and free Spinning Slash + Mocking Shout. And healing with zero Fury.

Seriously. Try before you whine.

Tryndamere no longer has crit damage as a stat. Forget his old passive and old Q. Now read the patch notes for the passive and Q.
I still think it is a bad change for Trynd i just played with him and owned the other team in 5 vs 5 even when 3 of them bought Thorn he was fine like he was .....

Frogboybri2

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin View Post
with a 35% more chance then any other champ? whats a high crit. Crits hurt no matter extra crit damage or not. Thats why armor pen is better on him then crit damage runes.
A) You only get 35% with a full rage bar. It's nice, but it's a dead giveaway to your lane opponents that you're going to be more aggressive. Late game it won't even matter.

B) If you heal, you lose ALL 35% of your extra crit percentage. Currently, if you decide to heal you only lose about 8-10%.

C) Are you seriously going to tell me that a level 1 crit for 150 is just as good as a level 1 crit for 240?

The biggest nerf to his playstyle and build path is the removal of the bonus crit damage from Bloodlust. The PRIMARY REASON trynd's build path and rune pages are crit-heavy is to take advantage of the SIZE of his crits, not to increase the frequency. He is now a slightly different Master Yi. He has mobility, some sustain, and a passive that increases his damage. Yi gets to not get slowed and get away, Trynd gets to not die and get away. Yi gets to blow up towers, Trynd gets to slow and debuff enemies. Their build path will be practically identical now. Master Yi is not a high Elo pick and these changes won't make Trynd any better of a pick than Yi. The ONLY positive thing this change has accomplished is giving Trynd a little more choice in his rune page since early crits aren't really that important anymore.