2k ELO tryn: @Morello & @RIOT: why NERF tryn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoenixLaw

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrelenting Fury View Post
I main Tryndamere also, and oh my god... this patch makes me never want to play this game ever again.
I support the original poster (listing all reasons that are logical and reasonable, and not QQ rants)

and I feel the same way with the person I quoted.

TacoMental

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mundo CEO View Post
One person playing a crappy champ doesn't make it viable.

I'd wager he'd be at an even higher Elo if he had mastered, say, Jarvan instead.
Making a crappy champ crappier doesn't make him viable either.

Mr Mundo CEO

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinroko View Post
Stupid Riot employees, they're probably all ragers who just can't handle playing against Tryndamere in lane so they're going to considerably nerf him for their own amusement. Lame.

OP is spot on, either keep my Tryndamere the way he was or just delete him from the game, cause he'll be useless in this new patch. But why would Phreak say anything about this game? Here's why:

And it's funny, y'know, cause if you ever watch Phreak talk, you get the sense that he's really just a PR face and not actually involved with the game whatsoever. Consider the facts that he can't pronounce Woo Kong, talks incredibly fast and blunders every other word, and actually TOLERATES TALKING TO A 15 YEAR OLD ABOUT ANYTHING. Who the heck is that skinny idiot who always co-hosts with you? Seriously, replace that ****.

So really, all Phreak's reply did was to instill a sense of "OMFG LOL WE R NOT IGNORING U, WTF U TALKIN' BOUT NUB? SILLY DUNDER PATE."

Now, back to Tryn. WHY in the hell do you feel changes are necessary? Are you scared that if you don't streamline the game play mechanics into THIS that new players won't be able to grasp the concepts put forth originally?

-->MANA BASED
-->HP BASE
-->FURY BASED (INSERT GENERIC VIKING CHARACTER)
-->COOLDOWN BASED

LoL and DotA were based upon imagination and innovation in the fields of thought and tactics in strategy based action games. Don't take away our right to play people that don't fall into preset categories just because it's "ZOMG SO H4RD TO PLAI QQ RAGEQUIT". If you don't have the paitence to learn what everyone does and how the character works, you deserve to die to them.

So, considering that Tryndamere is now going to be fury based, shouldn't OLAF be fury based as well? Olaf is a berzerker, a true, balls to the walls viking (even though you got the horns wrong, since real vikings didn't have horns on their helmets, those were just drinking cups buried next to the helmet), he should most defenitely be based off of fury as well. So following this train of logic, anyone who exemplifies hatred or rage or anything relating to fury should be based off of Fury, includes Brand, Urgot, Morgana, Fiddlesticks, Karthus, Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, Miss Fortune (revenge), Nocturne, Pantheon, Shaco, Sion, Vladimir, and Warwick.

If you want to innovate, think of ways to improve upon what you already have, not simply change it because it's easier. The old saying "Don't fix what ain't broken" applies here very well.
I lol'd.

You actually think it's a RIGHT to be able to play champs how you, specifically, want to play them?

I'm pretty sure there's still nothing preventing you from playing Tryndamere exactly like you used to.

Just like there's nothing preventing someone from deciding that they like AP Garen.

TonyDamajer

07-26-2011

even if i hate tryndamere, i was shocked at the heal amount and cd nerfed...

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2011

I main AP Trynd and even AP Trynd was nerfed into the ground, I doubt I can play him after this...
For haters and -1'ers, I don't troll; I actually do well:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1018111

beelzmon

07-26-2011

I ****IN AGREE i hate you morello!!!!!!!!!!

PhoenixLaw

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3rg3m3n View Post
I'm z3rg3m3n and I main tryndamere at 2k ELO. These patch notes are an outrage.

So let me get this straight, RIOT. You said you wanted to buff tryn at high ELO and not have his laning phase be binary. So you do this by...

1) Nerfing his heal. His heal starts out at 30 as usual, but now only scales up to 300 instead of 400.

2) Increasing his bloodlust and spinning slash cooldowns by 4 seconds each.

3) Nerfing his passive - he now gets UP TO 35% crit based on RAGE instead of 50% crit based on HEALTH.

4) Nerfing his bloodlust further by swapping the attack damage buff to HEALTH instead of RAGE. This means that now tryn is even MORE useless at high health since he can't even generate the extra damage he normally could from stacking bloodlust stacks. Now he has to depend on being vulnerable and low health for his damage output.

5) Nerfed spinning slash damage early game by changing it to physical damage from magic damage AND Nerfing its base damage except from level 1 spin. AND it now scales from BONUS AD instead of TOTAL AD.

6) Removing Crit damage from his stats.

You're correct RIOT, you've made tryn's earlygame non-binary. Now he's sure to lose his lane every game at high ELO.

I concede that you threw in NEGLIGIBLE buffs such as removing health cost from spin and mocking shout and increasing spinning slash's scaling to 1 from .5 But this in no way can ever make up for the massive nerfs I've detailed. You have effectively made tryn non-viable at high ELO. Please change him back or buff him. This is ridiculous.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled 2k ELO Tryn.
Riot please read this, instead of those **** QQ threads made by noobs about tryndamere.

Kinroko

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mundo CEO View Post
I lol'd.

You actually think it's a RIGHT to be able to play champs how you, specifically, want to play them?

I'm pretty sure there's still nothing preventing you from playing Tryndamere exactly like you used to.

Just like there's nothing preventing someone from deciding that they like AP Garen.
Nothing preventing them from playing AP GAREN? Based upon that sentence alone, I can already tell you have probably NEVER played LoL. How do you even know the lingo such as AP? Seriously, if you're going to try to troll, at least put some thought into it. GG.

Edit: I'm more pissed off now, so I'll add on. WHO THE **** WOULD PLAY AP GAREN? None of his abilities even ****ing use AP. If you want to make a VALID point, come up with a ****ing VALID arguement. There's PLENTY that stops people from using AP Garen, NAMELY THE FACT THAT HE DOESN'T SCALE WITH AP AT ALL. Tryndamere is getting nerfed into the ****ing ground. They should just re-name him Trynda***** and remake his passive to give him 100% chance of buttsex with Taric.

WΎR ؃ LL

07-26-2011

People like this that over-react before trying something are bad for this game.

Using his ELO to make it seem like he is more important is also bad for the community. It makes everyone QQ more thinking the guy knows everything because of his ELO. He QQs without even trying something so they all QQ too.

Kinroko

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by W??R? ? L?L? View Post
People like this that over-react before trying something are bad for this game.

Using his ELO to make it seem like he is more important is also bad for the community. It makes everyone QQ more thinking the guy knows everything because of his ELO. He QQs without even trying something so they all QQ too.
People who have no foresight and think they're better than everyone else are bad for this game.

We call them "noobs".