2k ELO tryn: @Morello & @RIOT: why NERF tryn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TurtleKing

07-25-2011

this change certintantly doesn't make him more viable in lane...

Cordain

07-25-2011

the changes are bold, but if you stop thinking about stacking crit on tryn early and start thinking about going more ad-heavy, they seem to synergize well. but i really hoped you guys would have buffed his base stats a little bit.

ZFjzeqgp3enl4IRT

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Like similar champions we've reworked in the past, the rework looks worse on paper than it actually is.
Only for philistines, I assure you. I already see how the new Tryn gonna be a huge pain in the ass -_-

MG z3rg3m3ow

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
At the end of Tryndamere's ult, it heals you to 5% (number? maybe 3%?), so if you time your Bloodlust right you will still survive.

A few other notes that may be applicable: for the laning phase, you max a Fury bar after 7 hits instead of 8, and you will gain Fury even if you fail to last hit a minion. Plus since Fury generates crit, your expected number of hits to max your bar goes down with every subsequent hit. For jungling, it's much more reliable and fast to max your bar, and I hope you guys give jungle Tryndamere a try. Additionally, you can now Mocking Shout while using Spinning Slash. I know people are bagging on the free Mocking Shout and Spinning Slash, but it makes a bigger difference than it seems; the health costs are somewhat low but it adds up quickly with any other damage taken. Combined with the increased Fury generation, laning is not so bad

The one thing we are a little concerned about is Spinning Slash. In earlier iterations it had a lower cooldown (11/10/9/8/7) which is why you see the lower damage number. We might need to adjust that slightly. We are going to monitor him closely, as a champion with such wild swings and extreme highs and lows is difficult to balance.

The last thing I want to talk about is the goal. I have heard several people in the thread say "Riot said they were going to buff Tryndamere." That was not necessarily the goal; the goal was to make Tryndamere more viable in high ELO. This is not the same as buffing Tryndamere, because Tryndamere already stomps all over lower ELO. If we want to make him viable at high ELO without making him worse for other players, we need to be careful about how we make him viable. He can only probably be viable as a solo top or a jungle, depending on which comp he's played in, so we focused our efforts there. In essence we wanted to trim up his usability and help him succeed at roles he can be viable at in high ELO.

It is hard to quantify some of the small tweaks that we put on him versus the obvious nerfs that you see (the numbers). Like similar champions we've reworked in the past, the rework looks worse on paper than it actually is. I'm not saying he's in a perfect spot, but I'm saying he's certainly better than the outcry on this thread suggests.
This is of course assuming no one ignites you during your ult or chases. Furthermore, the health costs were NOT important at high elo play. Also, I take tryn top solo lane every game. If your goal was to make him viable in a solo lane, I'm afraid it didn't work. He has less sustainability with a nerfed heal. Sure, you can use it for free at 0 rage every....12 seconds...for a negligible heal....that won't really help you out much at high ELO. Does RIOT not consult their high ELO players at all before making these huge changes that are INTENDED for high ELO?

Míss Whískers

07-25-2011

u zuk

Jmrwacko

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren129 View Post
He was viable in high elo in the first place? It sucks that they would nerf tryn, off all characters, but I don't think he's really been that viable....really anywhere.
He's viable in solo normal queue when he pops his trololo unleashed rage.

The Giffergyo

07-25-2011

They didn't nerf tryn. Stfu. Get out of here with your none Hybrid AD. OMFG WE DONT HEAL FOR 400 HEALTH NO MORE! I healed for 1200 before, now 1100. Its barely a difference. Spinning slash still deals over500 for me at all times.

On top of this, his heal still has GODLIKE scaling, Stop QQ'ing, this was a buff. Now i can escape using spinning slash when low.

Supportle Squad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-25-2011

Essentially speaking, for these changes anyway...

Working as intended.

Riot probably has a very linear mindset behind these changes.

The changes basically nerf Trynd pretty hard on all levels of play (including high level play) in order to bring more balance to lower level ELO games (where even the most unskilled player can roll face with trynd). The changes make it so that Trynd is much harder to snowball with and much harder to lane/jungle with, unless you play painstakingly perfect at mid/high ELO.

Riot has now made it an uphill battle towards laning/last hitting/ and farming with what was a perfectly fine melee champion into a pretty much nightmarish experience (not like it wasn't already before).

But like they all say.... "we have to wait and see."

It reminds me of that one guy who main'd Alistar and wanted a remake.

ReaIms

07-25-2011

I might not know much, but after playing the last couple weeks every Tyrn that i have played with had 20+ kills in low ELO normal games.

Kynesor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalBeing View Post
I'm just happy to know there is a 2k ELO tryn main. Do you stream?

These nerfs really are insane. I don't understand how they can justify this after him not being considered a viable pick for so long.

Also, they may/may not have removed his 36% crit damage increase from bloodlust at rank 5
Its gone. No more crit damage. GG trynd