Faults of Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightsFury

07-25-2011

Honestly it's a horrible system, people will report you for telling them they suck, which I think you should be able to. If you call them names along the way to degrade them, then not so much so. Plus I've played so many games with feeders/leavers where the people leave way too soon to even report them, so these offenders too easily get to slip between the cracks. Most the time people also trying to falsely report you and gang up agaist you, shouldn't there be a punishment for those who cry wolf on others and there was no wolf? Plus honestly I don't believe people read through all the reports, they just wait 30 seconds and click guilty or not guilty depending on thier mood. I honestly think Riot should go back to being the Judge, Jury, and Executioner again, because children shouldn't be allowed to decide others fates just thier cereal in the morning. If anything fix matchmaking, because it gets tiring to come on and have to play 2-3 leaver/afker games a day with over 1k wins.

Don Kobra

07-25-2011

You got banned?

[turley]aIrhVo1WA78[/turley]

LightsFury

07-25-2011

Actually I didn't bud, but nice show of a mature reply to my post. Go troll somewhere else.

Methelod

07-25-2011

Another post I'm going to dissect, piece, by uninformed piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsFury View Post
Honestly it's a horrible system, people will report you for telling them they suck, which I think you should be able to.This is verbal harassment, and as riot has said the tribunal is a method for the community to determine what thye allow and what they don't, if the community says you can't be a ****** then you can't If you call them names along the way to degrade them, then not so much so. Plus I've played so many games with feeders/leavers where the people leave way too soon to even report them, so these offenders too easily get to slip between the cracks.What the? Why can you not report them honestly? This doesn't make sense, finish a match and hit report then they get dealt with Most the time people also trying to falsely report you and gang up agaist you, shouldn't there be a punishment for those who cry wolf on others and there was no wolf? This is a problem but Riot will check, especially if its serious, so you don't stand to get in much trouble for a false report, while we should have a way to punish false reporters. Plus honestly I don't believe people read through all the reports, they just wait 30 seconds and click guilty or not guilty depending on thier mood. Personal belief, but Riot has said that they agree with most of the decisions so either, we need it to punish them and there are far to many trolls or people judge I honestly think Riot should go back to being the Judge, Jury, and Executioner again, because children shouldn't be allowed to decide others fates just thier cereal in the morning. If anything fix matchmaking, because it gets tiring to come on and have to play 2-3 leaver/afker games a day with over 1k wins.You can't throw away your cake and eat it too, the tribunal is suppose to help with this but if we remove it then Riot has to expend more time punishing people so you can't get everything else you want.
I added my two sense.

6odwin

07-25-2011

I completely disagree, I think it is an awesome system. If someone is being rude to be in game, and I mean excessive swearing/ calling me noob or a player is feeding, what can another player do about this. Threaten their life, give them an std through the internet, no the only thing to resolve the unpleasantries is to report the player in the belief that this event is not isolated and the more documentation of such negativity will lead to a ban or suspension. Such punishment will in turn lead the offender see their errors and improve in attitude.

Also no. telling someone they suck is not a reasonable thing to do. If you specify it to this game by saying, "hey, your really sucking this game, please do better" or something. cool but just hey you suck is very negative and doesn't help someone improve.

If people are falsely reporting you, its because you made enemies which means you did something reportable at some point. Honestly, the thing about false reports is dumb and even so, its not too hard to spot a false report. like if theres an intentional feeding report where a player went 2 14 and 15. Thats not intentional feeding, thats doing bad but still doing what you can to assist your team. Something like 0 18 and 4 is something i would say guilty in a report for intentional feeding because that means they were just dieing and not doing anything.

LightsFury

07-25-2011

I do report them, but it usually takes multiple reports from players in a game to blip on the radar, I have never once seen a single report from a game being the only one on a Tribunal case. Honestly if the community deems being told they suck as harassment, then world has become that much more of a sad place, remember sticks and stones? I used to not report people for trash talk, cause I'm can suck it up. But after getting suspended a few months back for trash talk(verbal harassment), It forced me to change my stance. I still call people out on being bad especially after the constantly repeating the same dumb things and feeding. Hard to report people for being bad, I don't think unskilled player = suspension, but why must I constantly endure them being matched with me? So I call them out on it and say they suck and I get the suspension but they get to keep on being bad. Seems like a bad deal to me. Want to buy thick skinned people, because this community wouldn't last 10 seconds on vent.

6odwin

07-25-2011

no if they are doing the same things and continually dieing. thats intentional feeding. Even if you aren't trying to die, if your doing nothing to prevent a recurring death like continually getting jungle ganked and not warding or getting pulled and ganked by blitz continually. then thats feeding. then you can report them. but don't tell them they sucked just because they screwed up 2 or 3 times. wait till they have 9 deaths and 0-2 kills and say, dude your really bad and your not doing anything new to prevent your death. im reporting you.

honestly. if they learn from that game what they were doing wrong. then they won't get banned. one game of anything is not enough to get someone banned because 1 game can teach a person to be better.

also you can't collectively group people just because they all do the same thing.