Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think should be the main focus of Soraka art changes?

She should look less human 959 21.31%
She should look more human 1711 38.01%
Improved Spell effects 679 15.09%
Improved Animations 895 19.88%
She's fine the way she is 173 3.84%
Other (please specify in reply to this thread) 79 1.76%
Voters 4501 .

Soraka Art Rework!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torwulf

07-25-2011

Aaaaalwaaaaays...

Nid

07-25-2011

Her dryad skin should look more like the picture and not just a recolor.

Phourc

07-25-2011

Style: The main reason I never got into soraka is her appearance. The splash art is like BLARGH ANOREXIC RIBS!! I get she's cursed but ugh, give the poor girl a sandwich already. The biggest offender here is the dryad splash art, compare it to the chinese if ya don't get what I'm talking about. I voted she should look less human (I think we have a pretty good representation of those atm), but I don't care which way you take it as long as those ribs leave the splash art.

As far as her ingame model, I think the wand kind of dominates her model, maybe it could be a little less banana yellow or a bit smaller? I do enjoy the projectile it fires though, the woman throws MOONS!

Spell effects: I wish her ult were more noticable, so when I'm chasing down her allies and they suddenly sprout 400 hp I know why. I'm trying to remember if her infuse has a projectile or not, but it's not very noticable when she's using it to nuke me... maybe make it more visible if it's used offensively?

Fiddlesnarfx

07-25-2011

I guess I'm one of the few who actually likes the way she looks right now. Not saying an update wouldn't be nice though.
Although I really think Gangplank needs some model updating.

JuniorFisherman

07-25-2011

Her animations are a bit delayed. Example, when she attacks, the hand barely reaches the attack point when the missile is already thrown.

Frosteey

07-25-2011

Style: Her default portrait looks pretty bad but otherwise it's okay mostly. Maybe just an overall more mystical flair would be nice. Oh also the bananas she throws at people could be a little cooler. Still bananas, because that is a very defining characteristic, but better cooler bananas.

Animations: Her walk animation is the biggest problem I understand the philosophy behind it probably but it would be way better if it was better.

Spell effects: Infuse and especially wish could be more noticeable and flashier. Starcall could be more starry. Sparkly. All of the sound effects could be more neato. If I had to specify a direction or feel they should go for, I would say wispy zippy classy. Glassy is a good adjective too.

Okay also I just thought of this, but past the first few levels where her autoattacks are awesome, Soraka is pretty straightforward to play, and some would say a little boring, I wouldn't say that but I can understand the sentiment, but anyway since that is the case just making cool and satisfying spell effects can really help to spice up the experience of playing her so I think it would be really good to make them good.

Other: Please don't nerf Kayle's dance : (

TL Phrost

Recruiter

07-25-2011

Quote:
Rahares:
Summoners!

We're constantly revisiting our Champions and looking at improvements, this doesn't simply end with mechanical changes, as we realise animation, texturing and effects have come a long way over the last two years.

At the moment we're turning our eye toward Soraka and we would love to get your feedback on the Star Child to help us on this!

Essentially we want to know how we could make Soraka look even better. There's a few things to think about for this, beyond simply updating textures and throwing down a new dance. For example does Soraka look how you'd expect from her Lore? Does her appearance match her abilities?

In your opinion what are the main features we should focus on, it could be that you feel she's too human looking, or not human enough. Perhaps her colours could be changed or her effects altered.

Please post below and we'll look to granting your wish for a fancier Soraka!

Please try to keep your post in the following format to make it easier to look through your feedback:

Style: How Soraka looks compared to how she plays and whether she fits with her lore descriptions.

Animations: What you think of her current animations and what could be improved

Spell effects: What do you think could be changed with herb effects to make them more attractive

Other: Anything else you can think of goes here!

Starcall's debuff could use a particle to show people effected by it.
Astral blessing's particle could be increased in size to make it easier to see.
Ditto with infuse.
Wish needs a different, obvious effect, so that you can tell the difference between wish and astral blessing.

Actually my biggest problem is I'm never sure when any soraka casts Wish because there is no apparent particle (or I've just never noticed it)

Javiolanti

07-25-2011

She should have her horn fine tuned to look thicker, the thin one looks weird.

Souman

07-25-2011

Please don't make her more human, don't you want more diverse female characters? I mean like 3/4 of females in this game have a human model/are human.

Mellonova

07-25-2011

star child paul stanley... do it now