What do you think should be the main focus of Soraka art changes?

She should look less human 959 21.33%
She should look more human 1,711 38.06%
Improved Spell effects 679 15.10%
Improved Animations 895 19.91%
She's fine the way she is 173 3.85%
Other (please specify in reply to this thread) 79 1.76%
Voters: 4496. You may not vote on this poll

Soraka Art Rework!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

08-02-2011

Make a skin where she's full unicorn instead of just half. That would be incredible.

Octopusbread

08-02-2011

Her hair and walk animation really get me
And obviously her AA animation, but it's soraka

Also her spell animations being a bit more flashy would never hurt

N1d0r4n

08-02-2011

paul stanley

Oxii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2011

Aww, this vote was closed really quickly. Pretty disappointing as I didn't get to vote.

I'd personally like her to look less human, but since the poll is closed, guess what input I would have added doesn't count.

Khiralas

08-03-2011

Honestly, simply rescaling some of her attributes would be fine in the model. The hooves are the size of her torso.... a bit ridiculous. Plus her hair just looks like poorly shaped clay squeezed between those clasps... a little detail work would be nice. Animations are lacking but the simplicity never bothered me as much as her grossly disproportionate model.

I drew a sketch of her at one point to show what I see when I play her, since I am rarely looking at my champ and focusing on green bars when playing her. I figured it might be appropriate for this thread.

SpiderEternal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

I think she should look less human; she already has a human skin, which is cool and all. But she's a mythological creature...she should look it. I've always thought of her more like a Satyr.

Syphenstone

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
Make a skin where she's full unicorn instead of just half. That would be incredible.
Can she also be robotic?

kozzae

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwns4free View Post
http://soraka.blogspot.com/
I want her to look like some of her picture here =)
yea this

NinetyNineTails

08-05-2011

There are two things that I always notice when I see or play Soraka.

The first is her hair. You've heard about this already.

The second is her legs. I'm fine with the digitigrade stand and hooves. But her proportions look way, way off to me. The middle length, as her skin transitions into fur, just looks wrong to me, and her lower bones, into her hooves, seem too long. These all, I think, are a major cause of her awkward animations

It seems possible that the proportion and animation issues are ones that are non-trivial to solve for your artists. But I encourage them, and you, to pay a lot of attention to these elements during her rework. I believe, and I suspect you'll agree, that non-humanoid champions need to be done right or they're just not worth doing.

Shaellla

08-07-2011

bump