What do you think should be the main focus of Soraka art changes?

She should look less human 959 21.33%
She should look more human 1,711 38.06%
Improved Spell effects 679 15.10%
Improved Animations 895 19.91%
She's fine the way she is 173 3.85%
Other (please specify in reply to this thread) 79 1.76%
Voters: 4496. You may not vote on this poll

Soraka Art Rework!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chzrm3

07-25-2011

Her animations always seemed a little 'derpy', if you know what I mean. I think it'd be great if you could make them more fluid/mystical looking. When she auto-attacks or casts starcall she just looks strange, heh.

TheUltimate3

07-25-2011

Those goat legs. Those goat legs are the only thing I don't like about Soraka. Maybe if they didn't look so....bad, I wouldn't have a problem.

Her face. I dunno, I'm partial to the chinese arts face. But hell even THAT could be because the Chinese art doesn't show those goat legs.

In terms of animation, I guess her ult could use a more visible "You were just ulted" kind of thing. Not sure how to explain it though.

Arrionso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

I only really have feedback to give on two things.

Animations:
Her run animation. The way she runs just feels very clumsy. She feels like she might fall on her face suddenly. All I can think of to work this out would be to just smooth it out more and make it look more natural.

I'm not very experienced with this stuff so I really can't give technical feedback for how she'd move, sorry.

Spell effects:
I think making her skills seem flashier and stand out more in-game would go a long way in her becoming more attractive to play and more visible in a group.

Her heals and silences are very subtle and a lot of times a player doesn't realize Soraka silenced them because there's not much visual feedback outside of the bubble that comes up.

Similar thing for her heal. It's instantaneous but it makes her seem so sneaky to enemies when she slips them in under their nose. One moment you're about to land a finishing blow on an enemy and the next he's up by 400 hp and you don't immediately realize why.

RF Komos

07-25-2011

Making her ult more noticeable is definitely something I feel should be done. As it is, you can pretty much miss it because the effect is so subtle.

Alv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

Heal surrounds target with stars, ulti calls down a light on soraka, starfall makes stars... fall, I mean, this is all good for the STARchild. I mean, I'm sure you can improve a couple of things with them, but you should re-work her body/appearance. She just looks goofy.

StoneColdSteve

07-25-2011

give her a nanny goat beard. and let her chew on cans.

TheMountainGoat

07-25-2011

please give her new art the morgana treatment... and not the eve treatment.

KaoReal

07-25-2011

Style: I think Soraka would look a lot more interesting if her non-human attributes were emphasized a little more. LOL doesn't really have much in the way of fantastic females, and this could be a good opportunity to fill that hole.

Animations: All of her animations look really basic right now. I think more sweeping gestures and full body movements would add a lot to the fun of playing soraka.

Spell effects: Fractal pattern type things are always lovely, nothing too distracting though. Definitely more defined than they are now though. I feel like they should be just a little bit more explosive feeling. Maybe that isn't the correct way to word it... more impact?

deathcoilfeardot

07-25-2011

Her splash art is fine. However, the in-game model for her green skin (Dryad) needs help. I also feel she should look even less human.

Beefofdoom

07-25-2011

She needs a handgun instead of a banana. It's really that simple.