Patch Preview: 1.0.0.122

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiggawatz

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnakebite View Post
here's to hoping my post is not lost in this crowd of crying children.

I dont think the nerf to TF and pantheon's ultimates calls for quite this many tears. I doub't the transition from having a global teleport to a nearly global teleport is going to break either of these champions

Though there apears to be a good portion of the community who think that pantheon is already borderline underpowered, I still find him useful and reasonably balanced.
On the other hand, since you've promised to buff him, I am compelled to throw my two cents in.

My biggest fear for this pantheon rework is that the change in his ultimate will be cauntered with a flat buff to his damage or sustainability. I dont think this will help him very much and it may just give people a new and different reason to cry about him.

Pantheons biggest flaw in my opinion is that he doesnt fit very well into the metagame of your typical ranked team. I feel that a good way to compensate for the nerf to his ultimate and help strengthen his role as a counter-carry would be to lower the chaneling time for his ult. this would seriously help him to enter into a team fight more quickly and accurately.

Another thing that i would like to see adressed is the akward landings that pantheon gets when he uses his W. His orientation with respect to his target changes depending on how his target is moving. For example, if they're moving towards you, you land behind them, and if they are moving away from you, you land just short of them. This leads to an akward moment where you have to get a good idea of where you are after diving onto somebody and make a decision as to which way to throw your heartseeker strike.

If you could find a way to make the positioning of panth in relation to his target after he uses his W more consistant and predictable, it would make using him much more user friendly. Its only a nagging problem, but it leads to disasterous wiffing of his heartseeker strike.

Did you see the patch preview? It is not near global, it barely covers 2 lanes range, and seeing as after 15 minutes you lose turrets its effectiveness goes down the drain... can't even make it to baron from base

Jiggawatz

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxon View Post
For starters, Nocturne's ultimate is not Global or even close.

Oh, and Karthus's ultimate? What is it countered by?

Heals (Really, how many of these are there? I could name so many..)
Soraka's ultimate is a heal that specifically hard counter's Karthus's ultimate too
Shields (Again, HOW many? Orianna, Lux, Morgana, Janna, Karma, Rumble, etc)
Kayle's ultimate
Disjoints (Shaco) (This include an item that's popular on AP casters: Hourglass)
Banshees
Spell Shields
Magic Resist

Remember it's only one spell, unlike Pantheon/TF who are teleported there and do many attacks AND backdoor using it too. Back dooring is one of the main reasons it was nerfed too, especially on TF.

No, it isn't favoritism nor is it unfair or biased. It's logic. Riot is actually using logic in there balancing. I know, I'm blown away too.
I hate to quote your ignorance, but first of all, The potential damage from karthus ult is a ton more than a single spell combo TF. Next in line you list counters, counters that could just as easily counter the damage from TF currently. Lastly you claim they used logic to make these changes, then how is it making a characters staple ult less effective than a summoner spell? Teleport still has full range...

DreadFatherIV

07-25-2011

Totally removing the split push, bd factor of tf. Kinda bummed

OddSquad

07-25-2011

So I was hoping to hear about Yorrick, Orianna, Udyr & GP nerfs. I was Hoping to hear that yorrick would get increased mana costs and his damage reduction would be scaled down to 2 or 3% per minion. On Orianna I was hoping for some mana increases and maybe early game damage nerfs to her Q W combo that destroys every lane out there. On Udyr slight changes to his turtle stance to take away some of his sustainability in lane (kinda like what they did to lanewick's Q). On GP I was hoping for them to take away the free frozen malletor scale it down to 20~25% over 4 to 5 hits. (personally I think 24% over six hits would be a great spot for it).

Anyway I'm happy to hear that Panth and Galio are getting some love. Lets hope some other weaker characters get a bit of love as well.

SyNyx

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggawatz View Post
I hate to quote your ignorance, but first of all, The potential damage from karthus ult is a ton more than a single spell combo TF. Next in line you list counters, counters that could just as easily counter the damage from TF currently. Lastly you claim they used logic to make these changes, then how is it making a characters staple ult less effective than a summoner spell? Teleport still has full range...
agree with you about the tf comment. if they are just going to change the range of the ult and make it semi useful early game but completely useless late game then they could have at least rework the ult to work in a different manner or change the ult all together if needed. ksing baron just got hard lol.

Stamati

07-25-2011

Good, you guys finally realized that you guys screwed pantheon hard in the last big nerf. As for the Tryn rework....I dont like it from what I saw, but we will see.

Dan Macq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

So why is it that Gang still has a global Ult?

TechnoBuddha

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlSparrowlx View Post
Thanks for ruining Twisted Fate

PrinceDarknight

07-25-2011

My thoughts-

GP-Ok, I can see the RM nerf, but why the gold on parrrley? The first gold nerf made it hardly worth to LH with it...now, why even bother? Save the mana for the fight.

TF and Panth- Insane, especially on Panth. Is he going to have a much shoter channel?

Yorrick-He gets stat shifts just because he's a powerful laner? I guess some of those were ok, but why make his W based off of AP now? That doesn't fit with his kit at all, and is totally pointless.

Udyr-Is a start, we'll see how it works, but he honestly needs harder nerfs.

Trynd-Same as above. The increase on Spin's CD was very much needed. We'll see how this Fury works with him

Annie-Needed a WAY larger nerf, and did they fix the double damage glitch?

Everything else-ok/meh

Oh, and there's no point in nerfing the Global range for Karth/GP because they aren't teleports, and are easy to counter/avoid. Nerfing globas makes me very sad.

Regensai

Recruiter

07-25-2011

i like the buff on pantheon they give which is to make his ult 5500 units instead of global (global is better for pantheon) and also how gangplank didnt get nerfed at all.