Patch Preview: 1.0.0.122

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

allo

07-25-2011

what's the story with these videos that actually convey 0 information instead of the patch notes that actually have value?

video is a slower form of communication than text and these videos don't tend to have actual numbers. moreover, it is very difficult to reference a video when you want to remember X champion's new stats.

Arkwend

07-25-2011

This is the only time i have downvoted a riot patch because this is STUPID!! TF/Panth are very squishy character, and i KNOW him and panth need those ult ranges for escapes and initiations. Also, TF cant tower dive worth **** without minions (tested with 2k hp 150 armor and 2.5 AS), and Ruthless Sophie has it right when he says that "Twisted Fate and Pantheon give you a warning before they ult(With Pantheon you have about 3 seconds to GTFO his arena and with TF you can see his ult above your head signaling you to get to a safer location like a turret or near some allies)... The only counter to Karthus pressing R is Morgana's Black Sheild, Sivir's Spell Sheild and Banshee's Veil..." Also, TF and Panth are assassins! riot, you pretty much nerfed them so that they have a ranged teleport, which is useless for assassins! They are played for their capabilities to pick off enemies, and other things, without these teles, you just broke 2 champs....

Vexxon

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless Sophie View Post
@ Riot- I do not play Pantheon or Twisted Fate I would like to state that right now but I feel these global ult nerfs are very biased! Are Karthus, Nocturne and Soraka's ultimates going to be nerfed as well? If not they should.... Twisted Fate and Pantheon give you a warning before they ult(With Pantheon you have about 3 seconds to GTFO his arena and with TF you can see his ult above your head signaling you to get to a safer location like a turret or near some allies)... The only counter to Karthus pressing R is Morgana's Black Sheild, Sivir's Spell Sheild and Banshee's Veil and with Soraka's ult being ally only it's not so much a threat.

I just don't like the biased going on and I want it to be equal for true balance. These are just my opinions but I feel like the mark is being missed by only nerfing those two's ultimates specifically... It's not balanced that way. It's showing favoritism to players who refuse to take the nessisary steps to counter things that will kill them, and leaving out the other global ultimates that exist.
For starters, Nocturne's ultimate is not Global or even close.

Oh, and Karthus's ultimate? What is it countered by?

Heals (Really, how many of these are there? I could name so many..)
Soraka's ultimate is a heal that specifically hard counter's Karthus's ultimate too
Shields (Again, HOW many? Orianna, Lux, Morgana, Janna, Karma, Rumble, etc)
Kayle's ultimate
Disjoints (Shaco) (This include an item that's popular on AP casters: Hourglass)
Banshees
Spell Shields
Magic Resist

Remember it's only one spell, unlike Pantheon/TF who are teleported there and do many attacks AND backdoor using it too. Back dooring is one of the main reasons it was nerfed too, especially on TF.

No, it isn't favoritism nor is it unfair or biased. It's logic. Riot is actually using logic in there balancing. I know, I'm blown away too.

BMT Lordcrackman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxon View Post
For starters, Nocturne's ultimate is not Global or even close.

Oh, and Karthus's ultimate? What is it countered by?

Heals (Really, how many of these are there? I could name so many..)
Soraka's ultimate is a heal that specifically hard counter's Karthus's ultimate too
Shields (Again, HOW many? Orianna, Lux, Morgana, Janna, Karma, Rumble, etc)
Kayle's ultimate
Disjoints (Shaco) (This include an item that's popular on AP casters: Hourglass)
Banshees
Spell Shields
Magic Resist

Remember it's only one spell, unlike Pantheon/TF who are teleported there and do many attacks AND backdoor using it too. Back dooring is one of the main reasons it was nerfed too, especially on TF.

No, it isn't favoritism nor is it unfair or biased. It's logic. Riot is actually using logic in there balancing. I know, I'm blown away too.
seriously man this game if full of idiots don't waste your time trying to reason with this people actually riot doesn't give a **** about what ....you think they clearly have the majority of nobbies who doesn't know anything about this type of games, as long as they are the majority we are all scrub..
Do like me and play Heroes of N E W E R T H, by the way I cant type the whole game name because it block it.

Sangiovese

07-25-2011

where are the actual notes?

Miko

07-25-2011

Any nerf to prevent backdooring is a good nerf to do. I like how Riot striving to achieve greater balance in a game. Keep it up guys!

Helper

07-25-2011

Man people QQ alot! It is not like they are making it so TF can't go anywhere. He will still be able to go save his own towers and the like he just won't be able to port to an enemy tower from across the map and take it out. I think this will make it a lot more fair. There is no reason if your team is already pushing towers and possibly winning that TF needs to be able to port across the screen to finish of towers or inhibs.

mieel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

when are the servers going down? cant find the info anywhere

dustin0050

07-25-2011

whats going to happen to gp? he is my favorite toon, do not nerf him!!

PimpSand

07-25-2011

lol, whats with all the comment below the thresh hold?