Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's rebuild the new Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WetWorx

07-24-2011

So there's a lot of QQ on the remake, understandably. Let's figure out how we can rebuild kayle with her new stats (whether they are better or worse than before).

Is she now in more of a support role? How about Boots of Speed, Morello's, Shurelias as core items with a 9/0/21 spec.

SHREK lS LlFE

07-24-2011

Why would you get morellos over nashors lol?
did you watch the spotlight at all and even consider her passive/****ty rations now?

COMMANDO MASTER

07-24-2011

Apparently he didn't... =P

DoomManufact

Recruiter

07-24-2011

From what i understand she's meant to shift towards an attack speed focused DPS, with support from her heal and ult.

Support kayle kind of worked before when she had good ap ratios, now it's just dumb. Play attack speed with guinsoo's, nashor's, possibly madreds/wit's end/malady, and other stuff that im too lazy to think of right now

Hi Im Brittan

07-24-2011

When does the new build come into affect?

Korath Arcolite

07-24-2011

I saw a Kayle do very well with Nashors and Malady as starting items, then she built a gunblade. I was able to shut her down as Ashe but only because I saved my arrow for her every team fight, otherwise she just output a tonne of damage.

Eponet

07-24-2011

I'm thinking about:

CD reduction glyphs + 9/0/21 for around 15% CDreduction.

Brutaliser, Boots of Lucidity, Zeal, Infinity Edge for 40% CDR, some decent AS and AD with a little AP.

Her base stats mean she won't need to itemise defence as badly as other carries, and her damage amplification on reckoning and passive armour shred will help with damage dealing.

She no longer gains AD from AP anymore, and her AP ratio onher E is being nerfed on top of that, giving even less reason to use AP, so AD seems to be a possible route.

Jairoe

07-24-2011

Personally, my theory on maximizing Kayle would be for the Malady start and emphasis on her spells early game. Despite the passive change, her nuke is strong early game and I would suggest taking advantage of it especially against softer targets and then transitioning to a more on-hit or AD heavier set up for later game. Here are my thoughts, still running more as a damage with some support as opposed to a full blown support as the OP tries to suggest)

9(15% M.Pen)/0/21 (for mana regen and some CDR)
Marks: Armor Pen, Seals: Mana Regen (flat), Glyphs: CDR, Quint: Armor Pen
Start: Doran's Ring -> Doran's Ring -> Ionian Boots -> Malady
Final: Ionian Boots, Malady, Infinity Edge, possibly a defensive item as a 4th if you are being focused like Banshee's Veil

It's very similar to how I would approach utilizing Ashe in terms of my final items except I go into the attack speed first THEN get the damage due to Kayle's passive and the additional MR shredding with Malady. Another possibility would be to grab Wit's End BEFORE the I.E. for more speed and on-hit effects, possibly MR if you need it as well. Perhaps if the other team is stacking armor already you could possibly flex into a more AP setup with Deathcap instead of I.E. etc.

Kreicus

07-25-2011

It seems like Malady/Black Cleaver/Passive would be pretty funny.

As mentioned before it seems like going AP is wasteful for her now. They mention that AP ratio's were lowered for a few abilities (well she only has a few with AP ratio's that matter (Q/W) so that looks like they mean all.

Q has greater slow but less damage amplification deubuff.
W gives greater movement speed but lesser duration and longer cooldown.
E has more damage and aoe range, but lesser AP ratio.
--So it seems like Q is mainly a slow, W is mainly a speed boost, and E is mostly for range/splash. So why bother with AP.

Not saying this is a bad thing. I think these utilities could work well, AD carries need a way to get away (Slow/Speed) a range/aoe attack that can if you wanted be at 100% up time, and a save you ass ult. Not to bad really. Just no real damage boosting ability most AD carries have.

Except there is the passive. It says its a % shreading, so I guess it scales up against enemies resist, so less effective early, more effective late? (or does % mean its same effectiveness throughout?). If her base stats and mana issues are fixed (which is looks like they might be) then being less reliant on mana items (and items in general) would be nice.I guess we'll see when the numbers come out.

My random thoughts on the hinted changes....

NoI Pamyu

07-25-2011

procs activate with while E is on?

if that i think u can stack tiamats D: