Which Brand build is better?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ripjaws

07-24-2011

I'm debating between a couple of builds...

1#:

Boots, Rylai's, Tear, Void Staff, Deathcap, Will of the Ancients

(This build is nice because I can spam spells but I feel like I'm not taking full advantage of the tear without the Rod of Ages)

2#:

Boots, Rod of Ages, Rylai's, Void Staff, Deathcap, Will of the Ancients

(This build gives the most health but I can't spam as much...)

3#:

Boots, Rod of Ages, Tear, Void Staff, Deathcap, Spellvamp

(This build takes full advantage of the tear but unfortunately I lose the passive slow from Rylai's)

Strongshocker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2011

Out of those builds, #2. Brand doesn't really need tear if you are smart with his spells. Personally, I think the build from Phreak's Spotlight is pretty good and the Catalyst in it gives you the needed mana while leveling up to harass, especially if you are good at last hitting with him.

Claricorp

07-24-2011

Probly number 2.

moneymango

07-24-2011

I always grab tear right away on Brand. That way I can spam skills for harass and farming. I usually build this order:

Meki -> Boots of Quickness -> Tear -> Sorc Boots -> Rylais -> Deathcap -> Archangel's ->Situational

Strongshocker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2011

I'd rather take the catalyst because it gives you increased mana and the regen on level up. By the time your tear is built up and such you have reached the point where you probably aren't laning much anymore. Also, the catalyst will give you the early hp advantage and can transition to a RoA later if you want to go that way. You don't need to constantly spam with brand to wear down their hp. Putting equal points in your 'E' and 'W' early gives the front loaded damage from the 'E' + the awesome passive dot. It wears people down or they stay away.

If they are having to stay away and not farm they are getting nerfed. Just last hit and harass with the e, then, when you think you have them low enough go in for the kill.

I used to carry tear on Brand for early spamming, but after getting my *** handed to me a Brand who knew what he was doing I talked with him after the game and he showed me the light.

Seelyon

07-24-2011

Build 2 by far. You do not want Tear on Brand. If you need some extra mana regeneration look towards DFG/Morellos Tome, DFG in particular adds to your burst potential.

See this brand guide: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-brand-guide

moneymango

07-24-2011

I really dont understand why you dont want tear on brand. I love being able to spam my spells at will and farm like a monster without worrying about being caught in a situation where I have no mana (and am essentially useless).