Public Humiliation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Determinist

07-23-2011

Public Humiliation:

-Public humiliation is a powerful tool in keeping a positive community.
-People refuse to allow themselves to be embarrassed and will not want their colleagues to witness their childish nerdrage directed at their Xin for feeding 500 times last game.

-After being found guilty a list of the violators should be published each week for all to see.
-Perhaps a link to the case or a highlight of their idiocy.

An alternative but similar idea: Publish a list of Riot's top ten ragers to be embarrassed.

whuchuthunk?

Kiyou

07-23-2011

This is why we have the Tribunal Forum, they do it for us.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

I would be against this, normally I would say just leave it to them to come on here posting innocent and let a red deal with them.

Mísanthropic

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinist View Post
Public Humiliation:

-People refuse to allow themselves to be embarrassed and will not want their colleagues to witness their childish nerdrage directed at their Xin for feeding 500 times last game.

-After being found guilty a list of the violators should be published each week for all to see.

An alternative but similar idea: Publish a list of Riot's top ten ragers to be embarrassed.

whuchuthunk?

He's level 30, and yet he has no greater, or even normal, runes yet... And we should listen to a player that invests no money in the game, and thus has nothing to lose? I feel sorry for those you insta-punish on the Tribunal...

ChanceDriven

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
He's level 30, and yet he has no greater, or even normal, runes yet... And we should listen to a player that invests no money in the game, and thus has nothing to lose? I feel sorry for those you insta-punish on the Tribunal...
**** Zeus, you really have a problem. Being level 30 IS an investment. I see people with thousands of wins and I don't even know how they do it. I have school, I've had a job and my one goal in life when I get home isn't to play LoL. That does not mean I don't love the game.

NecroticBinder

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
Time is considered an investment, and runes can't be bought with RP, so unless you have other proof, which may be the post after but it was posted AFTER your post so it doesn't hold true, you have no proof that he hasn't bought RP an supported Riot, you also have no proof that he instapunishes. Senseless, rude opinion with minimal prior evidence.

Back on topic, humilation doesn't work in this situation, just make a new account and suddenly it goes away. Or look at the streamers (hotshotGG) who are basically famous for their acts of infamy, and skill but humilation works when you can't hide from it and therefor have to deal with it.

Mísanthropic

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceDriven View Post
**** Zeus, you really have a problem. Being level 30 IS an investment. I see people with thousands of wins and I don't even know how they do it. I have school, I've had a job and my one goal in life when I get home isn't to play LoL. That does not mean I don't love the game.
Dude, what're you talking about? You're far better off than the OP is. You at least have invested something into your account to improve your gaming experience and help win more games [although your match history is a bit lacking...]. Look, all I'm saying is that there are reasons why people like the OP make spiteful threads like this one. Public Humiliation? Why would the OP want this? Hmm... let's see here: he doesn't have any greater runes, which means he's potentially at a disadvantage in games, which then leads to more losses, which leads to his own allies talking down to him, which leads to bitter hatred, which ultimately leads to... threads like these! This is what I'm referring to when I confront him about his runes and match history. I don't do it to make him feel lower, or to make myself feel better, I do it to point out the truth in the matter. The Disadvantaged/Unskilled players [i.e.: players with inferior runes, or no runes, limited champion pool, poor mastery choices, etc..] will in fact experience more flame from other players than the Advantaged/Skilled players. I believe these differences are what cause this "anti-player" mentality in the first place. The game's inherently flawed because of its model and structure. Naturally, players want to win, and just as naturally players rage if they're losing. Because of the game's structure, these disadvantages may set players up for failure. This failure then leads to anger, hatred, resentment, etc.. and that's when reports and punishments start flying, and threads like these are made. That, and just the plain lack of skill and experience playing.

LadyLothiriel

07-24-2011

Quote:
Public humiliation is a powerful tool in keeping a positive community.
Really? What sort of psychological study has led you to that profoundly wrong insight?

Again I find myself siding with Zeus here. Public humiliation - far worse than serving no positive purpose - will negate any corrective effect a slight "punishment" like a warning or a 1 to 3 days ban might achieve.

I've seen a lot of people here who claim they don't know why they were banned. While I am inclined to believe that some of them know very well why they were punished, I can also easily imagine that some of them didn't quite know that their behavior was against the rules.

So you want to expose those who might be able to learn from their mistakes to ridicule and shame?

I cannot help but think this is motivated by spite, vengance and resentment, the very things we don't want to have in this community.

Way to put water on the mills of the tribunal haters, btw.

HatLlama

07-24-2011

Sure! I use to post on a network of forums called "Heaven Games" they use to have this section that publicly announced all the bans and suspensions being made and linked to the offending posts, always funny to read though - especially you didn't like was getting in trouble xD

Purrity

07-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinist View Post
Public Humiliation:

whuchuthunk?

Well, you obviously lifted the idea from that angry-at-life annie icon riot web developer who doesnt do any web developing and spends all their time at the tribunal forums bashing the player base. however, with close to no understanding of how real life works and very much motive to suck up to that representative I think it wouldnt be worth explaining to you why your ideas dont work.