What if I were to report a random person every game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoNotAgainv2 View Post
Sad that you really have nothing to say
Because you're just not worth my effort sometimes...

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
Because you're just not worth my effort sometimes...
yet ya still reply to the things I say

Mísanthropic

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoNotAgainv2 View Post
yet ya still reply to the things I say
Yet you still stay glued to your seat while stalking every post I make in an attempt to 1up me with every post I make.

Oh, and inb4 the UDO2!

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
Yet you still stay glued to your seat while stalking every post I make in an attempt to 1up me with every post I make.

Oh, and inb4 the UDO2!
i actually dont stay glued to my seat I dont stalk you sorry bro, its oaky that you stalk me and assume things about me, just more stuff to add to the "zeus is wrong about" list

Don Kobra

07-23-2011

Zeus stinks

HatLlama

07-23-2011

When Riot says most punishments are good, I'm thinking a lot of it is because of cases like the OP where a dude has a bunch of frivolous reports getting him tribunal priority and then had one game where they just snapped and got angry at their team then ragequit, netting him the suspension.

Whatever.

At least increase the information being logged and shown in the tribunal so trolls don't have such an easy time avoiding punishments and exploiting the system to get others punished. That's all I ask.

LadyLothiriel

07-24-2011

Quote:
The Tribunal provides the community with a mechanism to decide its own code of conduct and automatically enforce those decisions.
I feel so proud of myself right now, I always said exactly this.

We don't need more detailed guidelines, we're the ones defining them.

To the OP: If actually playing the game is rather less important to you than randomly reporting people, go ahead.
What the red post told you is that it is extremely unlikely that something like this will ever accumulate towards a tribunal case, let alone a punishment.

That said, he acknowledged - everything else would be just stupid - that tribunal, like any other system, is not completely failsafe, so, of course, mistakes might happen but are very rare.

What else do you want to know?

Raptamei

07-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatLlama View Post
When Riot says most punishments are good, I'm thinking a lot of it is because of cases like the OP where a dude has a bunch of frivolous reports getting him tribunal priority and then had one game where they just snapped and got angry at their team then ragequit, netting him the suspension.
This. I see a lot of this (my EU account is level 30). Troll report... troll report... troll report... troll report... oh here he afk'd when losing badly. HAMMER DOWN.

Then I thought "so this dude rage afk'd once in *checks* 572 wins". While strictly speaking you can get banned for afking just once, it isn't really a nice thing to do, especially in the circles of elo hell where everyone screams at everyone and then you snap once and all of those stupid troll reports against you will indirectly get you banned.

This may be why people complain they "afk'd just once" or "raged maybe two times ever" and still got banned. They presumably accumulated 30 unwarranted troll reports, and then got suspended for that one afk or those two rage games.

It worries me and made me want to pardon them next time, but then I got my IP and saw punishing them had apparently been the right choice?!

LadyLothiriel

07-24-2011

Quote:
It worries me and made me want to pardon them next time, but then I got my IP and saw punishing them had apparently been the right choice?!
Really? So you're so fortunate as to see for which cases you get your IP?

Because I don't.

Raptamei

07-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLothiriel View Post
Really? So you're so fortunate as to see for which cases you get your IP?

Because I don't.
I can count. I got IP for all my cases except one.