Rammus passive synergy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrnaAvet

09-07-2009

For those who never played Rammus his passive ability turns 25% of his armor to damage.
On paper this sounds awsome but after some considering I think it just isnt that good. Please feel free to prove me wrong thats why I posted this.

I will give you some examples from game so you can see my line of thought.

Lets say you are stacking def items. Around 30 minute mark you have around 300 armor
which gives you 75 damage. Its ok damage but you cant do jack with it cause you attack speed is horrendous and your crit is around 5%. You just cant kill anyone with autoattack late game.
If you start stacking +dmg or +AP items its even more useless.

Since Rammus is a great tank ( and I play him cause of that ) why not just change it to something more tanky like dmg return or ressist. His other skills are pure support and def why not make his passive contribute to that instead of giving him some offensive passive?

If someone found a good use or build for Rams passive please post it.

Anyway hope you understod what I think the "problem" is since english isnt my native.

Zeyk

09-07-2009

It makes him more balanced. He can build for pure tanking and keep some respectable damage. It also gives his shell an offensive component too. He's never supposed to be a DPS hero, he's a tank who gets some decent damage from his passive. +75 damage is a lot given how invincible you are.

Hedgehog

09-07-2009

There are already damage return items in the game.

TDude

09-07-2009

Perhaps they should change it to a percent of his armor goes to Ability Power instead of physical damage.

EroticSummoner

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDude View Post
Perhaps they should change it to a percent of his armor goes to Ability Power instead of physical damage.

this

RiskyNight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2009

No he is really fine the way he is. I played him today, had over 500 armor and hit for around 200 on creeps. That coupled with the fact that I had a slow, a dot ulti and a ability that highers my armor even more makes him a great champion. I really enjoy playing him, mostly because hes really underplayed and because I dont like dying .

Elmentar

09-07-2009

He's fine as is in my opinion. He does heavy damage to get the job done. Also, don't neglect his pushing power. Making his passive stronger will just make him that much more invincible to towers. =S

CrnaAvet

09-07-2009

I didnt say that he is a bad champion or that I want him to be a dps machine. I like him a lot the way he is and play almost only him but that passive seems a little out of place since he is primary a tank and that 200 dmg cant really kill anyone late game. That passive can stay as long as I am concerned but something more "tanky" would suit him better imho since he is a support and a meat shield, not a killer.

As I said current passive isnt a deal breaker for me I will still continue to play him. Just stating my opinion.

Kudos to TDude. Great suggestion m8.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

09-07-2009

I really like his passive. Keep in mind that as a tank you are a damage sink and not a damage dealer. Since he has taunt, he doesn't need to deal direct damage to get the opponents' attention. His shield also deals damage. Your team's dps should be the killing power. If his passive was anything else, it'd likely overpower him since he's been readjusted a few times now. I would view his passive as helping him farm better than hero killing, if that helps you think of builds to use it more effectively.

Fraid

09-07-2009

Farming better is really important for getting all those huge tank items. Take away that and you gimp him.