Do you guys know the difference between feeding and intentional feeding?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralmaz

07-23-2011

TONS of people see a score like 1-8-3.. And he is being reported for intentional feeding.

Everyone will instantly click punish and move to next case.

BUT, if you actually read the chatlog, it's a 3v5 match and the person being reported isn't a godly player that can win that kind of match, yet he's trying his best to push his lane and kill the other team and its simply not working out CAUSING him to die.

Whether he's skilled or unskilled, whether you could do better than him or not... Do you guys know the difference between feeding and intentional feeding?

Please don't punish people that are not feeding on purpose. Even if you see a score like 0/10/0 You should not click punish. I had seen tons of games where one team is completely dominated, all the lanes are failing..people are feeding, and its simply not working out in teamfights, Score was 20 - 1.. Does not mean they were INTENTIONALLY feeding?

LadyLothiriel

07-23-2011

I admit that intentionally feeding is rather hard to pin down in most cases that someone was reported for it.

But I believe that most people who judge tribunal cases know how to judge those instances.

Pointers that I use for punishing something for intentionally feeding:

- player stated this in chat: "If you don't surrender, I'll start feeding," (or something to the effect) and proceeds to do so.

- Player is lvl 5 or below in a game that went at least 20 minutes

- all players from this players team and at least one other from the enemy team have reported this player and added matching descriptions of how this player behaved (my favorite was a Pantheon who kept teleporting into enemy base)

- player has a completely absurd item built (5 boots is the classic, followed by 5 zeals or 5 wards, neatley separated)

In all other cases, I will believe that the player was trying and just had an extremely bad game. In almost all of those cases, the chatlog WILL prove that this was actually what had happened.

Mísanthropic

07-23-2011

No. *clicks punish*

Nah, j/p...

If a player openly admits he's feeding, and/or if his death counter is absurdly high [i.e.: 1/23/3], then that would constitute "intentional feeding. I'd say if any player is about 15-20+ below in k/d/a ratios, then it's highly probable that it was indeed intentional.

[Note: The following is merely my theory of how I would apply my own personal standards of logic and judgement; I do not "punish" players at all on the Tribunal for personal reasons.]

Following My Standards, some examples of my "judgement" outcome would be:

Ex1: 5/35/10 <-- that's intentional feeding in my book.
Ex2: 5/25/6 <-- comes really close, but this could have been just an extremely terribad game for the player [check his profile *match history* at this point, and see if he has a long streak of "defeats", and use his scores].
Ex3: 0/15/1 <--- again really close, but not quite [in my opinion, anyway]. This also could have been a really bad game for the player [rinse/repeat above steps].
Ex4: 0/10/0 <-- unless this guy openly admitted that he was feeding in the chat log, it could have far too easily been a bad game, so give him the benefit of the doubt.
Ex5: 1/23/2 <--- Intentional Feeding! *Shao Khan's voice* PUNISH HIM!

Note: This is my logic and reasoning behind it. However, I personally do not actively engage in punishing anyone on the Tribunal for my own reasons.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

Its normally easy to spot in the cases I have had, either one of the following happens

• Buys Boots of Mobility and zeals
  • States they are feeding
  • Is way lower level than the norm even for a 20 min game

The other thing is even with low stats say they went 1-8-0 or so, have been cases where they got a kill or so and started dying more often they dont care anymore start dying more then just afk/leave the game. I have had games recently where to most people it would seem somebody wasnt feeding on purpose cause they would fight but they wouldnt back up when it was obvious to or would just stand in a bush that the whole enemy team was near and continue to just stand there doing nothing as the enemy team attacked them.

Texas Pete

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoNotAgainv2 View Post
Its normalyl easy to spot in teh cases I have had, either one of the following happens
  • Buys Boots of Mobility and zeals
  • States they are feeding
  • Is way lower level than the norm even for a 20 min game

The other thing is even with low stats say they went 1-8-0 or so, have been cases where they got a kill or so and started dying more often they dont care anymore start dying more then just afk/leave the game. I have had games recently where to most people it would seem somebody wasnt feeding on purpose cause they would fight but they wouldnt back up when it was obvious to or would just stand in a bush that the whole enemy team was near and continue to just stand there doing nothing as the enemy team attacked them.
This, boots of mobility and zeal, (or a blank inventory) or the other team acknoledging they are feeding.

Brocephalus

07-23-2011

Look at:

Item Build: In some cases intentional feeders will stack move speed items / sell all their items / buy absurd or stupid items.

Dmg Dealt to Dmg Taken per second: intentional feeders will usually have huge dmg taken meters in comparison to dmg done. Keep in mind that Dmg done includes damage done to minions. A non feeder should, even when going 0/7/0 in a 15 minute game should have positive damage dealt to damage taken.

Chat: Doesn't always work accurately, but if the player actively admits to it, well there you go, case closed.

Hope that helps.

Yoogee

07-23-2011

Most players reported for feeding or grieving tend to have a record that follows them and I look at their reports to determine if this is a trend or a one time bad game issue. Just like the FAQ states look and spend time on each case before passing judgement.

rudesurprise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-23-2011

I think just posting up those post-match stats would help. a chart compared to the stats to the rest of the team.

Harate

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralmaz View Post
Everyone will instantly click punish and move to next case.
I can't stand people who make assumptions like that. I read chatlogs and check every game available when judging. There are obvious ways to tell if someone is intentionally feeding. We're not stupid.

HatLlama

07-23-2011

Heh, well in-game at least, you'll notice people love to say "REPORT X, HE'S INTENTIONALLY FEEDING" pretty often.

Differentiating these from real feeders use to be easy (0 kills, 0 assists, 6 boots) but as more trolls get warnings, suspensions, or simply use the trbunral themselves and think proactively, they'll be less obvious with their griefing. And that's where bad players and stealthy trolls become impossible to tell apart , at least as far as the tribunal information goes.