[Guide] +1 for bursting out of brush as bear going OMNOMNOMNOM! A guide to Udyr.

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehRizzle

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony View Post
This guide made me buy Udyr, hes soo good havn't gone negative with him yet!
I am SO glad that this guide made you buy Udyr! He truly is a great champion, and is very underestimated. Enjoy smashing faces!

@ Zanefein, Thanks for for the compliment! Im glad you like my build I posted on when you should use the CDR build in the tips and tricks section, do check it out! The reason I do not get the magic pen mastery is because I think that it isn't all THAT for Udyr. Maybe some early game advantage, but thats it. Late game people almost always get either magic resist or armour, so it fails. Plus, I'd rather you put that point into Sunder or Brutality, as it increases your DPS. But you can put it into the magic pen mastery if you want

@Praedoran, thanks for the tips! Yeah, the damage you do to turrets increase your DPS if you have AP too. Phoenix offers AP and extra Attack, and Tiger already rapes turrets hard. This is truly THE best combo for backdooring, and I would say Udyr is one of the best backdoorers out there (Excluding Pantheon and TF).

I prefer to wait until my stacks of Monkey's Agility to be almost over, at about after four seconds. Then I switch to another stance at the last second to refresh its duration. Do not immediately switch to another stance ASAP because you will mana starve yourself VERY quickly and you want the full duration of Phoenix's pulsing waves and bonus ap and damage, not to forget Turtle's shields. Always remember this! And regarding stance dancing interrupting your animation, I do not think this is very important. Sure, early game it may deny you a last hit or two, however thats it. But still, I will add it to the tips and tricks section. Thank you so much!

I would encourage more people to bump and comment, and give it a thumbs up if this helps you

RHINO Mk II

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehRizzle View Post
Hello everyone, welcome to my first guide. For this guide, I will be talking about Udyr, the Animal Spirit. Udyr is a very versatile character.
Yes, he can Right click to deal damage. Oh, also, he can... uh... right click to deal damage.

TBH I'm surprised Riot didn't make an Udyr Bot since he is so 1-dimensional.
Incoming Damage: Turtle
Need for speed or stun: Bear
Need for Damage and AoE: Phoenix
Assaulting Structures: Tiger

/trollpost

EDIT: I do appreciate all the work you put into this guide, but I'm not about to read a wall of text that long which basically says spam QWER and chase squishies.

TehRizzle

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO Mk II View Post
Yes, he can Right click to deal damage. Oh, also, he can... uh... right click to deal damage.

TBH I'm surprised Riot didn't make an Udyr Bot since he is so 1-dimensional.
Incoming Damage: Turtle
Need for speed or stun: Bear
Need for Damage and AoE: Phoenix
Assaulting Structures: Tiger

/trollpost

EDIT: I do appreciate all the work you put into this guide, but I'm not about to read a wall of text that long which basically says spam QWER and chase squishies.
If I could put pictures, I would Im trying to make this guide as detailed as possible. Please do read it if you have a chance. Udyr is much more then a QWER character.

RamboBatman

04-30-2010

Excellent guide. Udyr's my fave melee and, while I don't play him exactly the same as you do, I appreciate all the effort you put into creating and maintaining this guide. Anyway, my suggestion, and I assume that you haven't done this only because its relatively new, is to replace phantom dancer with youmu's (sp?) ghostblade. I've always built brutalizer for the CD-reduction and armor pen anyway so when this came out I figured it was an obvious addition to nearly any melee-build. I know you love your dodge-stacking but don't you figure that runes, masteries, passive and tabi are enough?

Moredot

04-30-2010

Innervating locket. The new way to play Udyr.

courtesy of HotshotGG's livestream on counterlogic

AFKray

04-30-2010

hmm. No true Udyr fan hates Tiger Stance.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

Aww man this isn't gentleman cho?!

TehRizzle

05-01-2010

@ Rambobatman, with my items, runes, masteries, etc...I dodge AT LEAST half the time. I get lots of survivability and I have made countless Yis, Tryndameres, and surprisingly Jax ragequit coz they fail to kill me, usually after hurling insults. Generally, Ninja Tabi + Phantom dancer is enough dodge, but hey, why not improve a stat in which you already excel at? =P

@ Moredot, I tried innervating locket once on Udyr, and its pretty neat. I don't get in when I go my Dodge/Att speed build though, and I very rarely get it on Tank Udyr. However, it IS viable, and I'll add it to the Tips and Tricks section and give you credit. Thanks for the comment!

@ AFKush, I don't hate Tiger Stance (Ok yeah I pretty much do..>.>) But it pales in comparison to Phoenix's DPS output. Only useful for taking down inhibs, turrets, dragon and baron. Thats it. No question about it, no argument. I think that if they really want to make Tiger stance a stance more suited for DPS, they either give him free Armour Pen in Tiger or buff it somehow. It is too weak currently for DPS.

@ Azghyn Nite, **** gentleman cho, Armoured Bear Udyr ftw.

KOREAN DAVE

05-01-2010

Great guide, definitely helped me learn the ropes for Udyr, it also made me decide to buy him over Garen. :P I've played a few games and haven't gone negative yet.

Lord Bro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

This guide says never to use Tiger Stance "except on turrets/inhibs" and also says to level it dead last. Yet, tiger stance has an amazing 2.5x DoT and should be used to initiate most fights as part of combos (e.g. Tiger --> Bear --> Stun --> Tiger --> Phoenix, etc.) It is a critical part of fighting enemy champs. If you don't make use of it, you're throwing out one of Udyr's solid burst-dmg initiating moves.

The OP might want to test out its viability and provide an update on it giving us his opinion.

1234567 ... 10