Champion Spotlight: Kayle, the Judicator

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

covael

07-23-2011

"If it aint broke don't fix it." Something RIOT will never seem to understand. How bout some new maps and items? We have over 80 champions and all you guys care about is bringing in more and screwing up what worked for the characters. You have people that gave up their favorite character eve for the same stuff you guys are now doing with kayle. I feel like an idiot for getting the battle skin for her because now I refuse to ever play her; a complete waste of time and the old skins are better...at least they left the battle skin wings alone. I only played hybrid kayle and I loved the heal and support/chase capabilities her character gave for the rest of the team. They better remove the "support" title from her because the hybrid+heal+ult is what gave her that title. Now shes a wimp that is now extremely reliant on the rest of the team covering her butt with no redeeming features when it comes to a gank battle.

I'm not saying people aren't gonna play her but...RIOT created a new character within an old character. It's no longer kayle, just a shell. Down rate if you want as this is my first comment ever, but I felt badly enough about what RIOT is doing to speak out and this is my opinion of it.

Time of ur Life

07-23-2011

Riot please for the love of god learn that your reworks ALWAYS suck. So please how about you guys fix the servers so my team doesnt DC at random times throughout the game? Also there are a lot of bugs with Kat's shunpo and just to name one is Kat appearing OUTSIDE of Jarvan's ult when i wanna be inside SO I CAN ULT!

Use your time and money wisely instead of using it to drive away good players and ruin the community.

Tyrosine

07-23-2011

I dunno cuz I don't play Kayle, but clearly the new passive is major lols compared to the old one. And having faced a couple decent late game kayles lately she didn't seem THAT scary, I agree w/ most others, this patch pretty much destroyed her...

NinjaButtPirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-23-2011

what is going to happen to everyone that owns her already?

Deianira Daray

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigorMortis View Post
-
-
- OK, in that case I only say that if the enemy team is just "Half-decent" they stack resists as well, CC you at the start of the team fight or focus you out in an instant.... Let's suppose it's an equal fight, so they also have items for the same gold amount as you do.....
- Some math-crafters clearly calculated it on LoL websites that stacking resists is cheaper and on the long run a more "trustwothy" way to play than stacking pure dps so a well built tanky DPS can most likely be an equal fight if used correctly even against the new Kayle and maybe many of them would still rape her...
- In your setting it seems that all the new Kayle needs is 2 measly items then you'll go 1 vs 1 against HotshotGG, or Wicked, or BigfatLp.... This game is more about combinations and "gamer skills" than just stacking 2 items in your inventory....
- No flame intended tho.... it seems that we play/view this game in a completely different style.... I respect your ideas, tho I won't ever agree with them...
- And of course melting down overextending feeder autoattacker noobs is EZ, tho it's not a merit at all.... :S
Let's say the enemy team focuses you out at the beginning of the team fight. Alt+R, laugh while you eat the ults, die, and then watch your team take down their quite vulnerable champions. Either way, you're flaming (but taking the heat off of yourself by saying you aren't) this person's build because you disagree with the items. Why?

Black Cleaver+Malady+her passive+AS=debuffed enemy champions=easier to kill enemy champions

The point isn't to kill them yourself. It's to get them dead regardless. ._. Dead enemy=vulnerable towers=GG

Rez Nine

07-23-2011

i noticed alot of people think that this is a nerf. personaly i dont know wha to think untill her release. i too am a little saddened by the fact that she isnt a hybrid, and that her passive is something new to work with, but i look forward to see what she can do. from what i can tell she will be able to shred through tanks all you have to do is ult yourself focus on the target and everyone ells will deal more damage also. so dont pass judgment till she comes. besides as kayle players we have been told that our champ is trash but we have shown time and time again it's not the champ that makes you good its the skill of the player.

CarbunkleFlux

07-23-2011

Quote:
- OK, in that case I only say that if the enemy team is just "Half-decent" they stack resists as well, CC you at the start of the team fight or focus you out in an instant.... Let's suppose it's an equal fight, so they also have items for the same gold amount as you do.....
- Some math-crafters clearly calculated it on LoL websites that stacking resists is cheaper and on the long run a more "trustwothy" way to play than stacking pure dps so a well built tanky DPS can most likely be an equal fight if used correctly even against the new Kayle and maybe many of them would still rape her...
- In your setting it seems that all the new Kayle needs is 2 measly items then you'll go 1 vs 1 against HotshotGG, or Wicked, or BigfatLp.... This game is more about combinations and "gamer skills" than just stacking 2 items in your inventory....
- No flame intended tho.... it seems that we play/view this game in a completely different style.... I respect your ideas, tho I won't ever agree with them...
- And of course melting down overextending feeder autoattacker noobs is EZ, tho it's not a merit at all.... :S
You seem to have this problem with taking a statement in a vacuum and then building this completely fictional scenario around it to make me look bad.

I said those two items are what is needed to make tanks melt, which is awesome. You seem to want to twist that mean 'omgz i get theze 2 items and i pro'. Among other things, which I might add you completely made up.

If you're going to "respect my ideas", the first step is not to take me for a complete idiot.

Dickwondo

07-23-2011

When you said she still has amazing late game power, you were ****ing 15-5. What the hell Phreak, are you ****ting us? We're not THAT stupid.

Pryfire

07-23-2011

There was nothing wrong with her, why did you have to bother changing her even. Her early game was -powerful- I don't know what anyone is talking about when they say it's weak. Reckoning's % damage increase supplemented her low base damage(if low at all). Her heal didn't make her sustainable in lane, because if she chose to spend her mana on her heal, she wouldn't have mana for Reckoning AND Righteous Fury (combo). Meaning if she ever chose to heal against a opponent unless she had her mana regen totally set (3 Dorans Rings, Utility Masteries, Runes) She would have to choose between healing or being aggressive in lane. In addition, Reckoning's animation was -beautiful- because of it's particle speed, you could easily harass under tower because of the slow speed. The particle speed also made it easier to shield off, which was a good trade off considering the range on it.

Her passive, why did you change it? I'd actually like to hear some thoughts about that. Did you suddenly feel like her mechanics on release weren't suitable? Are you trying to say you did something wrong with her when you first released her (and she's been out since Beta) ? And why now, why change her -now-, because the scrubs are QQ-ing?

I have to apologize if it seems like I'm hostile, you kinda nerfed my favorite hero.

nuclear ketchup

07-23-2011

kayle failed at becoming a good support or a good ranged carry. she was a hybrid of both. but now kayle cant do anything. being 14/5 in the video makes kayle look alright but lets say ur not fed, what then? what happened to the other changes i read about?
- The Toggle on her reckoning strike?
- The damage recieved during her ult duration into heal?
Wow... riot come on