Champion Spotlight: Kayle, the Judicator

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gafugarion

07-26-2011

They made her trash. She has no heal now, so she can't even lane without someone babying her heavily. Other team has any sort of harass and you are zoned hard. She does LESS damage early game now thanks to passive removal and lack of any other buff to her other spells. Q scaling does less for the autoer cus it only buffs damage by 5%. She has no late game unless you stack all on hit effects... even then she dies faster than any other champ cus she has an incredibly long cooldown on her heal movespeed, and her ult is still only 2.5s or so on herself, and she's never a better choice to cast it on over a real carry. Shelving her til buffs or rework, its just so bad now.

covael

07-26-2011

I want my money back for the skin I wasted on a character i will never ever EVER play again.

ganymedebluz

07-26-2011

she's **** by lvl nine the difference is Enormus...the passive never works...
she's now another caitlyn, tristana, WW, teemo..
only good for auto attacks? really?
its a video full of lies,,,

gaga ah ah ah ah

07-27-2011

i think she shouldn't be remake.
Attack damage per level reduced to 2.5 from 3
Attack speed per level reduced to 2 from 2.3
New Passive: Kayle's basic attacks against enemy champions now reduce their armor and magic resistance by 2% for 5 seconds (stacks up to 5 times)
Q : Damage amplification reduced to 5% from 8/10/12/14/16%
W: Movement speed duration reduced to 2.5 seconds from 10 seconds
it's really bad

monstarmarkum

07-27-2011

ok so just to give it the benifit of the dout before i get started yes i do have dislexea so leave me alone lol. ok now i just tryed her our many different ways and have come to this.
OMFG this is a nerf and not just a normal nerf. way way worse then i thought.
you can nolonger hybrid for ****. ad is fail ap is fail. no build works right
the new passive seams cool when you read it. but its not
its lame. her heal is SOO nerfed that even with an ap cool down reduction build its still not worth getting dont heal for **** and takes forever to come back up to use even with 30% cool reduce. also the movment speed buff form the heal sounded to be ok. as were it would move you faster but not last as long.... it is so short now its like a slap in the face. it ether needes extended a lil or totaly removed. so with thoes nerfs that heal skill is not worth the points to get. next her ult timer at rank 3 is only 3 seck... worthless not worth the points. so only the other 2 skills come out ok in the change. so now if you pick kayle you only really playing with half a champ. i am going to be looking into how to get my rp back form buying her skin also
the new dance looks just stupid her last one was worlds better and her wings look ok but on the battleborn skinn her old wings look better.
broken hearted
monstarmarkum

Melkkor

07-27-2011

Great RIOT, u just waste a good champ

McMaster

07-27-2011

GUYS!
GUYS!
GUYS!

Okay, GUYS! I just had the best idea.

We take a perfectly fine champion, okay? We take a perfectly champion and
NERF THE EVER LOVING **** OUT OF HER!

It's not like there are champions who could actually NEED the nerf.

Uthgaard

07-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
This is a concern for me.

Originally the dev with the squeaky voice (Shurelia?) said that the motivation for Kayle's "buff" as she called it was to make her more appealing due to a lack of viability in the late game and ranked games.
In this announcement, her "nightmarish late game power" is cited as an issue.

If the original motivation for the changes were a lack of power, it seems odd that she would lose any, and appears that original goal may been lost over the many weeks that the changes have taken to implement.

I only play the game a few days a week, but Kayle is the only champion I use in PVP queues. My primary concern is that a support character with the potential to deal some dps, is being turned into a dps character with the potential to do some support. Most of us who are already dedicated Kayle players play Kayle with the understanding and expectation that we won't top the kill charts, but we will instead make our presence felt in altering the outcome of team fights.

This won't change drastically, the use of intervention is the primary means of doing it. But I hope that in the future the developers consider this when retuning a support character, and emphasize the original focus of the character, rather than alter it.

Thanks for your time.
Now that I've actually played the character after the revamp, I have to say that the lack of common sense in this design has me less than interested in learning a new support character. Who's to say this won't repeat itself? This took a special kind of stupid. If we wanted to play Teemo, we wouldn't have been playing Kayle.

Time to try out H o N. Hilarious that their competition is in the language filter.

Spartacus697

07-27-2011

Ruined her. She has a SLIGHT bit more survivability in the first few lvls but after that all an enemy team has to do is cast one spell per character at you and you die, not to mention if you even so much as get touched by a CC effect your done (this is even with cleanse there is no escape for you)

Spartacus697

07-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgarr View Post
Well, I think that no one can state for sure that she will suck before we get to know all the number on the skills.
Besides, IMO the new passive can be quite good, but it depends on the numbers. We have to wait the release and play her to judge properly. I don't see the point in complaining about everything they done just based on a ****ing video.
But if that bug with % shred is true, they must fix it immediately.

And yes, I play Kayle, and will keep playing her with or without rework, nerfed or not.
I just love her gameplay, art, concept, etc.
LOLOLOLOL. Too bad they completely removed the majority of her old gameplay and replaced it with a big steaming pile of-