Champion Spotlight: Kayle, the Judicator

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

covael

07-26-2011

Wow the new kayle is absolutely horrible. I can't even pull off a beginner bot custom kill with her chasing somebody from my turret all the way to theirs with exhaust and ignite. Her ability power percentage on her skills is wretched when you think about the damage she needs to be dealing to players. Of all the health she has, it seems to want to disappear too quickly and doesn't have enough heal to redeem this issue. Her heal is useless. You guys said she had problems with the beginning of the game...I could run around a custom battle before slaying everything in the beginning and now there are issue in my own lane. Why RIOT why...and the dance...it's horrible...You could say i'm doing it wrong but she's not a dps, and she's not a mage....what the heck is she now. The recommended build is bad too. Shes going to have to rely even MORE so on the rest of her team to keep her alive than they did before.

covael

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pumas View Post
I love all that MR/AR you are....NOT shredding.
Yeah this shred idea is useless. They suggest malady but that is just as useless. I seriously think they base their ideas off of what it could be if ur 5 levels higher and two full items bigger than the enemy. The only way they could make this rework work is if they dramatically increased her attack speed.

covael

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
I just read the actual details of this rema- sorry, this brutal, vicious and unwarranted ubernerf in the patch notes and... frankly, I'm speechless. While I disapproved of this rubbish, I was willing to at least give Riot a chance, to wait and see what the exact details were before I passed a final judgement. And having seen the details, my final judgement is that someone at Riot needs to be sacked immediately because this is the most RIDICULOUSLY lame and incompetent piece of s**t passing for a remake that I have EVER SEEN.

I seriously can't find enough words to express how disgusted I am with this. I am NOT going to even try Kayle out to see how she plays now- a person would have to be blind, deaf, clinically ret@rded and ideally only 3 months old to not be able to see how rubbish this is. But quickly, let's just go over it step by step:

BASICS:
Nerfing her AD and AS per level. Well done there, you attempt to make her an attack-focussed champion with an emphasis on attack speed, so you make sure she's worse at it than ever before. Oh, and despite professing to want to improve her weak early game, you've given her no buffs at all. Congratulations, you are stupid.

HOLY FERVOR
I never approved of replacing the old passive, which was the unique and defining feature that made Kayle such fun to play, but I held out hope that the new one would at least give Kayle a new strength to play off. All I can say is congratulations Kayle, you are now the proud holder of the title of "Wost And Most Useless Passive In The Entire Game". (Heimerdinger thanks you from the bottom of his heart.) I'm just... staggered that no-one on Riot's team realised how utterly worthless and absolutely rubbish this passive is- 2% per hit stacking up to a maximum of 10%. That is such absolute piss that I just can't possibly think of a way in which it could be worse. It is inconceivably bad. She might as well not have a passive at all.

RECKONING
This skill has been overall improved with one exception: it no longer amplifies damage on the target. Sorry, what's that you say? It still does? Well yeah, but only to less at all 5 ranks than it used to at rank ONE. The old Reckoning started at 8% amplification and scaled up to 16%, which wasn't devestating but was useful. Now it's 5% at all levels which is... meaningless. Oh, and what was the point of buffing the AP ratio when Kayle is now COMPLETELY non-viable as an AP character? Moving on to that...

RIGHTEOUS FURY
Now this is starting to get kind of silly. It's like Riot said "sorry we're completely ruining 3 out of this champion's 5 abilities, to make it up to you we'll overbuff one of the others to a ridiculous level". I have to say I love the new Righteous Fury- EVERY aspect of it has been buffed (except the AP ratio, but as I said it's now worthless to build AP on Kayle so that's not even an issue). The flat damage has been massively improved, the splash radius has been massively improved, the cooldown has been massively improved, the mana cost has been massively improved. It's such an awesome skill. They should really give it to a champion worth playing.

DIVINE BLESSING
Now this is the stupidest part of all. The old Divine Blessing was one of the worst heals in the game- its flat numbers were bad, its AP ratio was by FAR the lowest of any heal in the game (except Sona's, but like all of Sona's skills that is meant to be spammed which multiplies the effect) and its cooldown was fairly average. Its only real plus point was the speed boost which could be maintained permanently. But now, this skill has been destroyed. Ruined. It's utterly worthless for any purpose whatsoever. Its mediocre flat numbers have been nerfed to make them outright rubbish, its AP ratio has been slashed by almost a THIRD, changing it from bad to a farcical joke, its cooldown has been increased by 50% (10 sec to 15 sec) meaning that Kayle is now about as effective a healer as Leblanc is an effective tank and the compensation for this? The "clutch save speed boost" which was supposed to replace the permanent small boost? A pathetically, practically insultingly low 15-23% with the duration reduced to TWENTY-FIVE-F***ING-PERCENT of what it once was. I consider it no exaggeration to say that this skill is now USELESS. Destroyed. Nerfed into the f***ing GROUND. Somebody needs to be congratulated for achieving the previously-thought impossible feat of lowering my opinion of Riot's balancing ability to even lower than it already was.

Regards building Kayle now, well... I got nothing. Contrary to what Phreak suggested here I can't see ANY value to stacking AS on her- woo, the enemy is going to be quaking in their boots in fear of your terrifying 10% AR/MR debuff! AP is equally worthless- while Reckoning is now a powerful nuke the ratios on her other abilities are so useless and rubbish that you might as well build AP Sivir and without Holy Fervor (the REAL Holy Fervor, not this laughable sham which has stolen its name) it doesn't give her any other benefits either. Flat AD? Again, no natural scaling on her at all. Tank? There's nothing tanky about her at all. Support? She has no support abilities so why would you build her as a support? ("Hey what about Divine Ble-" NO SUPPORT ABILITIES!) So that leaves... not playing her at all. Brilliant Riot. Next I guess you'll move on to remaking Ashe, fixing the problems of her unreasonably high DPS and unfair capability at kiting and buffing her abilities as an AP burst assassin and offtank.

Overall, you don't need to be a genius to work out what I think of this so-called "remake": it blows immeasurable amounts of elephant piss. This is just INCONCEIVABLY lame and worthless on almost EVERY possible level. I didn't have the highest of hopes for this remake in the first place, but I didn't even in my worst nightmare even imagine that ANYONE could blunder this badly. Seriously Riot, well done. To screw up this incredibly badly, to display this level of utterly ret@rded incompetence, has to deserve some kind of medal. GG Riot. Thanks for ruining one of my favourite champions, the first one I ever played. By the way, I hate you.
Just to keep this amazing review going, i'm quoting it just to say how accurate it is in hopes that RIOT sees it. BTW don't play Kayle anymore, she doesn't exist. Props to the review that I felt but couldn't summon the patience to express it in detail.

OVERALL: Kayle=Useless

ovalknight

07-26-2011

man kayle needs a massive buff now... she was my fav champion now she sucks seriously who came up with this idea instead of nerfing the op champs to nerf champs that needed a buff instead

SeraphOfDeath

07-26-2011

yeah, great job riot you just took a perfectly fine hero and made her into a bad one. Good job indeed >_> hate the new rework give me old my Kayle back =\

cruia

07-26-2011

at least her ult is still the same but kinda wished she didnt get that nerf it been better if kayle was left the way she was.

Soul Solarflare

07-26-2011

This destruction of Kayle has made me wonder something...are we sure Riot hasn't been bought out by Activision?

FPgundam

07-26-2011

Sorry to all the Kayle players and supporters. One of the harder characters to play got punked by Riot. HARD! What you get in return are better set of wing animations and skins though....

I'm not even a Kayle player and can see this as a joke. Before Kayle had a unique support role that did some dmg. Kayle got nerfed so hard only atk speed runes are the only that produce any dmg on the new Kayle and i bet it's pitiful even with that passive.

Jmpingspyder

07-26-2011

Ok, here are my 2 cents if anyone cares, I play(ed) a support Kayle, she was not my Main, but I put ALLOT of time into learning her because she was incredibly fun to play as a healer/pullmyteammatesassoutofthefire. Now, i have admittedly only played her once versus bots so far, but her "W" just felt bad..... no other way to put it, just bad. Until its LVL 5 and you have great AP items it just does not feel like it does anything.

Riot, I feel like you have removed a viable build for Kayle and it makes me very sad, the remake turned her into a pretty decent ranged DPS from what I can tell, but she is going to have almost no viability as a support unless there are some significant reworks to the reworks to her heal. "But we buffed the MS on it," yes and no. She now takes a TON more farm to have viable items (for a support build that is, support, which are traditionally a class that don't need to much farm) and by gutting the MS duration she can no longer float to creep waves and be back at a battle in time, she is going to be completely anchored to her team, where because of the "buffs" to her E she is going to be taking lots of gold away from the carry. That sucks.

TLDR:

Please rework the rework so that it does not DESTROY a support build for Kayle, her kit is well suited for it.... err i mean WAS well suited.

Fenikusu

07-26-2011

Not only did they make her weaker, but they gave her bigger breasts. I guess Riot's balls felt like they were in danger. It's like god creating Lilith then killing her for not submitting.