Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Kayle, the Judicator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiaan

07-25-2011

rework on art and particles= cool
nerf on passive= bad

WR417H

07-25-2011

Great job with Kayle's passive, now it does nothing: link (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1014333)

Fenikusu

07-25-2011

Seriously, did Kayle's breasts grow or something? Why does her armor need boobs now? They didn't before. I thought Riot said they like to consider themselves as progressive. I liked Kayle because she was similar to Samus in that she didn't try to flirt on the battlefield and were mistaken for men. Well I guess shes still similar since now they both have been sexualized.

Veiloroth

07-25-2011

Can you guys just STOP updating characters, adding new characters and maybe add a new MAP?! I mean awesome, you've got all these neat characters, but seriously the game in general is getting BORING because it's the same maps ...over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over....etc etc etc. WAKE UP! fyi- Kayle doesn't need to be face-lifted. If you're smart, Kayle can OWN!

Jiaan

07-25-2011

veil your whole map thing is ****ing stupid. Dota had the same map for a LONG LONG time and no one *****ed. CS is the same game since release yet people still play it. Correct gameplay is needed before they release a map you dumb ass.

Also to add on multiplayer games(like CS dota and LoL) are good because since you are always playing different people, the game is never the same.

Darth Rith

07-25-2011

what if you already bought kayle do yo have to repurchase her or is she just updated

Calvar

07-25-2011

This is so dumb. Riot always does this. They take champions who arent overpowered at all. but rework their abilities ruining the champion. Kayle is going to be horrible offensively now. Riot I know you rarely listen to your community that isnt top elo or tournament players, but you need to stop changing champions for the worse.

Veiloroth

07-25-2011

Quote:
Jiaan:
veil your whole map thing is ****ing stupid. Dota had the same map for a LONG LONG time and no one *****ed. CS is the same game since release yet people still play it. Correct gameplay is needed before they release a map you dumb ass.

Also to add on multiplayer games(like CS dota and LoL) are good because since you are always playing different people, the game is never the same.

First off, you don't need to have use of such foul and ignorant linguistics. Secondly, don't you think that having the elements of a game of a DOTA stature, that you KIND of want to provide a different, but fun experience for your followers? Sure, you'll have your hardcore players, but c'mon honestly, you have separate teams doing separate things. One's who focus on the character art, ones that focus on the patching etc. There for the multi-tasking IS there, but they're focusing too much into the charactering is what I am saying. To even release just ONE new map would pop the game up furthermore into the race of who's better, and the race of riches. Same game play with minimization in one of the biggest areas would be a down fall in time. There for your logic is thrown out the window. Nice try though kiddo.

HikariKnight

Recruiter

07-25-2011

I'm not liking the changes, her new passive seems ok, but by removing her old passive altogether you already nerfed her late game power. Also you said her new passive reduces armor and MR by a percentage, not flat. so you pretty much giving her a free Void Staff and Last Whisper w/o the attack damage/power. This does not sound so appealing to me, as those items are really meant to counter tanks, since non-tank champs already have a low base armor and magic resist at lvl 18. I guess the really good thing about this change, as its a debuff, other players can benefit from it as well, but that's all i really see it being good for.

The change to Reckoning I'm fine with, the increased slowing power is nice, lets her beat on a champion longer w/o having to chase soon after initiating. The missile speed increase is really w/e. I am hoping tho that you did not reduce the actual damage on Reckoning tho. As you said you reduced her AP ratios.

The haste change to Divine Blessing is alright, but I don't see why you nerfed the cooldown tho. I mean i guess because she gets such high CDR late game, but I've noticed Divine Blessing is actually the weakest single target heal in the game since it has the lowest AP ratio, compared to Soraka's Heal and Nidalee's Heal. So your solution is to make it even more weaker by giving it a higher cooldown?

I have very mixed feelings on the Righteous Fury changes. I'm hoping with the cooldown changes Kayle can keep it up 100% of the time w/o having to get 40% CDR. And I'm hoping the bigger splash range will give her a much better farm compared to now. What I dont like is the reduced AP ratio for it, tho you are increasing her base damage with it, I don't see why you reduced the AP ratio, without her old passive she won't hit so hard with it anymore, since she will have less AP than before.

As for the cosmetic changes, I like her wings, i dont like everything else.

Edit: Wow, so I was browsing other threads and I just noticed, Kayle's new passive is not only bugged, but worthless. it only shreds 2% Armor/MR per stack/attack, stacking up to 5times. So she gets 10% free Armor/MR reduction, okay, so my comparison of her new passive to a Void Staff and Last Whisper was so off. 10% reduction is worthless. Oh and then, it only reduces the enemie's base armor/MR before before items. so at lvl 18, it will reduce roughly 6-8 armor from an enemy champion, and 3-4 magic resist from an enemy champion. wow, that's bad.

I mean, i guess if this was intended, its pretty awful, sure ya, your allies benefit from this, i guess that's something, right?

MiraiQalamity

07-25-2011

so this is what you were doing instead on wukong!!!!!! >=(