So many ppl are actually saying Tribunal is bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StardustMirage

07-22-2011

I am saying that tribunal is making more trolls rather than reducing them.

Lets takes into accounts of real life growth.For instances, typical school bully, bullying someone and got reported. Punished but the bullies are now mad, result: bullying become more intense.

Which type of life do you prefer having someone dictate your life or freedom. Some people might say wow I am happy to be in a community where I can report anything ( too childish in my opinion, you should solve your own problem instead of saying "report him for feeding".)
Non-violent disobedience happen in protest to tribunals : purposely trolls or feed.

I am quite sick of hearing "REPORT HIM for FEEDING", or "HE IS TROLLING",
"OUR JUNGLER DON'T WANT TO GANK REPORT HIM".
I still can see that they are still tryng although they are bad. I don;t blame the noobs for purposely feed as I will do the same if I can't control my emotion.
In all recent games after tribunals all I heard is report report and report.........
Grow up man, Tribunal is good at the beginning where I saw many actual troll cases, but the recent cases is all about feeding or you starting to insult them.

I don't really care if you want to be sarcastic and think " wow majority of people is following the superior, lets do the same" but this is my opinion and I would not change my mind except if your argument is too persuasive.
Downvote me if you want I really don't care as complainers are meant to be hate.

FlAw1eSs Ny3wInG

07-22-2011

I was wondering the same thing. I come across alot of people who rage that they have a bad teammate and need them reported, when in fact that teammate is either doing great solo or is suposevly doing to good and kill stealing ect.

NecroticBinder

07-22-2011

The trolls that feed are not caused by the tribunal, its a system designed to counter that. There isn't much else to troll with other then to feed or insult someone except in cases where you reveal where allies are. While some people do go overboard with reporting it does more good then harm from what I've seen because it makes someone think twice about intentionally feeding at the very least. You can't report anything and expect results, its the same way it is in real life and in real life you can solve your own problems dependent on the problem but in league if someone is feeding then how do you intend to fix that? You can't so the goal is to punish the feeder and attempt to dissuade the behavior. We apply negative reinforcement in hopes of achieving the desired result. If someone is actually trying and having a bad match I fail to see why they should be reported, and why the tribunal would punish them in most cases. Now the tribunal does have flaws (To easy to just spam punish, for now; people like to abuse the report button in hopes of trolling or something along those lines etc.) it seems to do more good at least as a preventative measure in some aspects. Removing it would just encourage trolls to resume what they were doing because now its less likely that they are going to be banned for it.

StardustMirage

07-23-2011

The point is that tribunal is not effective but become an annoyance.

people keep on chanting report report and report every game, and to be honest I do feel like trolling them and I am sure there are others who are.
Where in old days, reports are mostly for someone who are "trolls" not someone that makes you rage by feeding because they are noobs or calling you noob. Before tribunals people rarely chant report during the game unless there are some AFKers or trolls.
It is annoying, you guys are not a child anymore and reporting over small stuff is just for kids.

NecroticBinder

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDevotion View Post

people keep on chanting report report and report every game, and to be honest I do feel like trolling them and I am sure there are others who are.
Where in old days, reports are mostly for someone who are "trolls" not someone that makes you rage by feeding because they are noobs or calling you noob. Before tribunals people rarely chant report during the game unless there are some AFKers or trolls.
It is annoying, you guys are not a child anymore and reporting over small stuff is just for kids.
Except, you still report trolls and afkers and reported for small stuff. To be honest, nothing in that regard has truly changed.

LadyLothiriel

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDevotion View Post
I think the tribunal has become an annoyance because it is so effective.

Let me explain this. Before tribunal, we had a sort of lawless situation with bad offenses just going unpunished. There was a certain backlog of those cases but I think that most of them have meanwhile been dealt with.

What players now have come to believe is that they don't have to put up with bad behavior of any kind, they can report anyone and if he's guilty, the tribunal will find him so and Riot will take some form of punitive action.

It is from their strong belief in the basic justice of the tribunal that they report so much, because they are convinced that it is working.

Now let's compare this to real life. I live in a country where the justice systems works rather well. Crimes solved rate is somewhere in the 90s etc.

Does that mean that our courts and police have nothing to do, that people don't "report"?
No, on the contrary. Knowing that our justice system WILL in fact hear every complaint, leads to people complaining about the neighbor's dog barking too loudly.
That means that courts are actually flooded with work, that police has to rush to houses only to find something that isn't worth the notice.

So, in your opinion the issue would be solved by just scratching the legal system altogether and do nothing?
I don't think so.

Of course, reports would stop, because no one will report anymore when it is clear that nothing will be done about them.

What is needed is a way to weed out the bad and unnecessary reports and to punish people with a known record of reporting without reason. (If in my country, someone calls the fire department or the police without reason, he has to refund the costs of this.)

ETA: This train of thought actually brings me back to Zeus' IP cost theory. While I still think having an IP cost prior to a tribunal judgement will be ultimately unfair and detrimental; a feature to flag "bad reports", that will eventually (after being flagged mulitple times) lead to IP being taken from that spite-reporter's account, might go a long way towards making people think twice before reporting someone.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

The tribunal is effective, while it has been down I have had more people acting up and such than when the tribunal wasn't in recess. People have been getting in trouble and in return they act out in such or learn and act better. While there are reports out there they may just be bad reports, the fact is is sometimes a player reports another player for they feel they broke a rule or multiple rules, while when it comes to the tribunal the player is in the 50/50 area and people pardon rather than punish. I think allowing the players who have a good tribunal record cover more cases than people with a less accurate track record. Allowing the players that can cover more cases a reward for doing good and also helping to handle more cases.

HatLlama

07-23-2011

The current system is good at getting rid of people that are *very* obvious in their trolling and are playing with people who take reporting seriously (e.g. don't think its a good thing the other team had a griefer).

Apart from that it's trouble. Trolls can get around it, make use of it, get encouraged by the 'dob' community it's cultivated. People in general report whoever, both making less obvious valid cases harder to get though.

Determinist

07-23-2011

Reporting doesn't do anything.

As long as we can judge the cases correctly we'll be fine.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

Probably the most sensible thread in this entire subforum.