What else can I do to take my gameplay to the next level?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Dim Sum

07-22-2011

Okay I really want to get better at this game. I want to eventually win 60-80% of my normals, and then eventually ranked.

Right now I'm still a lower tier lvl 30. With about 300 wins.

What I'm doing:
-Jungling/counter jungling
-Trying to play every champion at least once so I can better understand their kits/pros/cons rather than just sticking to my normals.
-Picked out the 3 champions for each role AD/AP/Jungler/Support/Tank and have made it a goal to play at least 30 games with each champion.
-Learning what wards to use, where and when.
-I do plan to watch as much of that TSM stream when I can.
-Researching builds/playstyles for champions on typical sites: solomid and mobafire mainly.

-I do feel like all the above is starting to really pick up my game play and overall knowledge of the game. But sadly my normal win/loss percentage is starting to drop significantly while playing new champions/roles I'm not used to. But yeah any other advice on things I can do to pick up my gameplay?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aronnax

07-22-2011

The more "skilled" you become, the more you'll realize how knowledge-intensive LoL is. At my level, I realize that the only thing holding me back aside from memorizing every skill/item build on every champ is knowing the range and base/ratio damage on every ability. Once you know things like that, you just get this feeling that "I know I can get more damage off if I harass right now, so I'll do it" or "I'll lose the exchange if I harass right now, so I'll back off", or even "My jungler finishes his route in 34 seconds, so if I can bring him within kill range, we can secure the kill despite his ward".

Basically, the only way to learn is to continue to watch high level streams and master each and every champion you purchase. There are two ways to learn builds (because I don't completely trust sites like mobafire), and they are to copy streams or get steamrolled by someone and copy their build (replays help in that regard).