Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Waka's Eve Build (Sunfire Capes)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CodeOrange

04-27-2010

Quote:
inept:
3/10 decent troll attempt

Troll indeed, the only posts hes made are on his own. Referring to himself in the thread title leads me to believe that he suffers from over confidence. This can't be the first time he has posted on the lol forums, at least not on this account. *coughsmurfcough*

Koulourtzis

04-27-2010

It's called Oracle's Elixir. Even a ward is enough.
Besides, depending on a harrasser to clear the way for you to gather gold for tank items is not efficient.
Any damage dealer could get this gold to help this team much more than an eve walking around dealing 120 damage post 25 minutes to champs with magic resist and hp varying from 2k to 3k.
Eve is a good(?) pub stomper, but she's really easy to counter by skilled opponents.
P.s. Don't play eve with a positive win/loss ratio, the enemies will be smart enough to shut you down.

Kritara

04-27-2010

First of all, Eve's a terrible farmer; she relies on champ kills. By the time you've farmed that 3k some odd gold for your first sunfire it'll be 1/2 through the game. If your lucky and are facing some feeders, then Eve would be more threatening in the squishy AP build vs those feeders. If your hard up against a decent team, Eve will be gold starved and they'll ignore Eve.

By the time Eve get's her sunfire cape, the other team will have more then enough money to buy an oracle, 120 dps per second is pre-midigation, your average champion has 30 MR which equates to 30% magic reduction. So it's 86 damage per second, plus the aura is small.

Now while this does negate Eve's squishiness for the most part, you'll be largely useless 1/2 the game while you try to farm one and by the time you get one the impact of a single sunfire cap is neglible. There's a reason why you don't see it often even on tanks outside of Amumu and Ramsus.

Edit: Edited to add that while 30 MR = 30% magic reduction give or take, it has a diminishing scaling as you get higher.

M3MBRAN3

04-27-2010

The whole idea of eve is to be stealthed up until you can attack your opponents or wait for backup. With SF cape you can't follow enemies because they get a "i'm getting attacked by SF cape" tooltip and head for the nearest tower.

crimsonlyre

04-27-2010

I make the same build with Shaco and it works wonders. Every game I have played with Shaco tank (or as I like to call him, Shanko), I had the best ratio on my team. I get Sorc boots, 4 SF capes, and Abyssal Scepter (more mr reduction in an aura synergizes perfectly with sf, mres since SF cape is pure phys defense, and extra ap for shivs, ult, jitbs). I tried 5 SF capes, but I find it's only a good idea if they are particularly physical team, as the Abyssal seems to equate to about the same amount of damage(more against mres tanks). And with this I can keep deceive for defensive purposes or just for a flash to catch up and run with them taking 320 damage per second. The main thing that makes Shaco so viable is that the aura works with his ult. 2 champions stacking 4-5 sunfires, hugging their enemies, is insane fast damage, and rediculous durability.

I can imagine Eve working just as well, If not better with it, since she can just keep next to them while she is stealthed... though she is also much more easily shut down by an oracles because of this. Another benefit of SF stacking is that you take almost NO damage from turrets. Shaco is great at wasting down turrets and backdooring even without any +damage due to his clone.

nicosharp

04-27-2010

This is a solid build to try if you have a good ranged stunner on your team like Annie. I did this in a practice game against other lvl 30s and a few lvl 15+. It wasn't a true test vs. pro's but was a lot of fun.

At end game I was 24/4/13 with 5 sunfire capes, and a atma's impaler. I tanked their fountain for 30seconds at end acing them, and walking out to last hit the nexus. (Sold boots for impaler just for lawls) - Gold farm gets ridiculous as the sunfires stack... had sorc shoes until then.

Build
Dorans Ring + Hp pot
basic boots
Giants Belt
Sunfire Cape
Sorc Boots
Sunfire Cape, etc. etc.

Takes a while to farm, but gets good after 1 cape. You can jungle fairly well just with a doran's ring and hate strike spam inbetween laning.

Matthew21210

04-27-2010

tl;dr Me dissecting the negative dissection of the guide negatively
Edit: Think I miss-rememebered the Sunfire dmg stat. Still, it stands

Quote:
Neverforever:
SF cap build is essentially a tank build. And a tank build has advantages for several reasons. Psychological for 1, most people see Eve and think... DPS so they tend to target you. And 2) surviving is the only way to take advantage of your ult and hate spike effectively.

However, you'll also quickly realize that a Tank Eve is useless other then a damage sink. You bring nothing to the team fight. Your basically taking a secondary role so that a real carry on your team can actually carry. While it MAY work and get you wins. Your not actually doing anything useful.

The fact your opponents don't buy oracles and you think 400g is a lot shows that your still playing idiots. I pop fort elixirs like candy to give eve the extra survivability and damage.

You explain that you are just there to clean up kills. Works fine if your team can win or 1/2 win the 4v5. But given decent opponents, i think u will find that there won't be anyone to clean up.

Your build also has no mres. Annie or Ryze or any caster will drop you so fast, it won't be funny.

God. few things wrong with this post. You come in holier than thou, so now I get to play "Blasphemer of the false god"

"However, you'll also quickly realize that a Tank Eve is useless other then a damage sink."
Also, the 250 Magic DPS. does 100 DPS with a little bit of MR (over 100)N not a lot, but, hey. Diminishing returns.

"You bring nothing to the team fight."
'Cept for the Damage and hunting down.

"Your basically taking a secondary role so that a real carry on your team can actually carry. While it MAY work and get you wins. Your not actually doing anything useful."
Wait, what? How is that bad? Singed takes a "Secondary role" so that "real carries" Can "Actually Carry" Doesn't mean his poison and chasing ability isn't scary as hell and that he will eat your towers alive if you haven't won by 30 minutes in. Skillz for teh killz still count.

"While it MAY work and get you wins. Your not actually doing anything useful."
Have you heard of those "Oxy-moron" things? Are you suggesting that he's basically putting his team at a 4v5 and that 10 times our of eleven, everyone wins a 4v5 in favor of the 4? Doubtful. Also, capitalizing MAY was just mean. It insinuates that he's lying. He may or may not be, but shhh.... Try it or don't.
What he's doing is using eve to not only provide an invisible, painful secondary source of Mag DPS, but to hunt down and kill stragglers before they heal up at fountain. Killing that last warwick before he heals may let you push that tower down before everyone re-heals.

"he fact your opponents don't buy oracles and you think 400g is a lot shows that your still playing idiots. I pop fort elixirs like candy to give eve the extra survivability and damage."
Cute. 'S a nice point actually. Except for the fact that, excluding other stealthers on his team, The Oracle's is ONLY allowing someone to poke him while he's invisible. Y'know, the tanky stealth character? They can hit her now.
Those fort elixirs? They give you an edge over five champs, help you earn that gold back faster. One kill it get's you and one death it saves you from? That's the Gold value of that fort. that one oracle's doesn't help you earn that gold back, it only let's you see the tanky eve (one champ by the way) and maybe a few wards. Until you die and that 400 G did absolutely nothing.

"You explain that you are just there to clean up kills. Works fine if your team can win or 1/2 win the 4v5. But given decent opponents, i think u will find that there won't be anyone to clean up."
Jeez. Your spelling is atrocious. I hate you. But also, your points? Mostly wrong. Actually, that's not all he said. You also harass a lot early. Being invisible and all. With sunfires. Also, cleaning up kills is great. What if three champs bail out of an outer tower with a third health just as you kill it? They come back and defend the inner tower with full strength. Or, eve ices them, and you get extra pushing time, gimping them further.

"Your build also has no mres. Annie or Ryze or any caster will drop you so fast, it won't be funny."
Those are the chances you take with a build like this. Which is also why ya take Cleanse and flash. Cleanse out of snare's or stuns, then flash out, stealth and murder. It's a problem, unless you have a lot of HP and can get out easy, unseen. This is a problem with everything. MR is always situational, and with a few builds you can skip it. Small detail, not always important, and doesn't matter when you stun the punk and eat him. Hell, he even described how to deal with a ryze for cryin out loud.

Long story short, be quiet.

sTrikerT

04-27-2010

just 1 question
when they get an oracle and group push, how can u burn them with 5 Sunfire.
yes tank eve will live for about 2 seconds more, but you literally doing no damage.
i've played against sunfire eve, we basically disregarded her. wards ensure she can't come near, then its pretty much 5 vs 4. wards are cheaper and more subtle against eve,

i'm not going to say its not a way to play her, just imo not the most effective, good for fun tho.

Wakazashi430

04-27-2010

Quote:
M3MBRAN3:
The whole idea of eve is to be stealthed up until you can attack your opponents or wait for backup. With SF cape you can't follow enemies because they get a "i'm getting attacked by SF cape" tooltip and head for the nearest tower.

you can easily follow someone just out of range if you wanted to, you don't NEED to damage them unless you're trying to let it be known that you're there.

Also, you're forgetting that eve still does damage with ravage, and hate spike, her ability power doesn't grant her THAT much damage.

plus sunfire capes farm you alot of money fast. once you get the first one (10-15min in the game depending on how you're playing, 15 min being completely terrible 0-0-0 with like 20 creep kills.

once you get the first cape you can farm up the second very very quickly. and so on.

plus i don't see how the fact that eve is naturally a bad creeper changes, she does need any ally to help her do well, so you can gank early and get champ kills, or assists even.

i don't think this is any different from playing with her as sheen ap build.

other than instead of your next attack dealing bonus 40 damage you now deal 36 dmg per second as you hatespike chase someone down, or just stand and fight, and you're alot more tankier.

Wakazashi430

04-27-2010

Matthew21210 - QFT

I was at work and just got back now to defend the build, but I see you've done that perfectly.

It works because I'm either a 4khp 180ac+ tank with fast movespeed, burst, (ravage still deals 400, lowers ac and MR)

and spamming hatestrike rank 5 still deals its normal damage minus say, 25 per strike cause my AP is down.

now when I gain 30% of my hp after killing someone, I can generally kill another hero infront of a tower, when they're also at low hp.

I really wish there was a way to save replays in LoL - i'd just post some replays of me chasing down an entire team that's fleeing after a teamfight, I had maybe 200hp, stealthed to start. and then I killed every single one of them and went up to about 2500hp.

then our entire team pushed and we won.

The fact you think that a chaser makes team fights 4v5 is stupid. either they have an oracle on 1 hero, and I simply go in as our initiator engages, usually malphite with a charge and stun, and then i burn and then stun 2 more with hatespike opening. and they all go down to 40% health immediately, or.. they don't have an oracle, and then I harrass them all down to 60% then we engage. and kill them instantly.

Sure there are times where if the enemy team is horribly winning, and they can just insta-gib me, I will die.

but how is that any different from an AP Eve who has 1700 HP at level 18 with max gear?