Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Waka's Eve Build (Sunfire Capes)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wakazashi430

04-26-2010

I'm relatively new to LoL (115 wins)

but i've done majority of those games as Evelyn.

Before this build I had mediocre success (some games i'd go off the chain, others i'd really suck) all in all, i had a 1/1 win/loss ratio.

Since i've been playing this new build I've gone 10/1 (in about 50 wins 5 losses)

Build is simple.

Spell Pen boots
and as many sunfire cloaks as you can buy before the other team surrenders.

opening build

Boots + 3 health potions
buy a giants belt 1110
and chainmail 700g
the recipe is 700g

all in all costs 2510g

I don't upgrade my reg boots until i have 2 cloaks, or if the enemy team is abunch of fast movement casters i'll do it if needed, after the first cloak.

Summoner spells I take are Ghost and Flash for movement, when you're cloaked and they're fleeing you wanna be able to keep up with them and flash out of danger after you gank one of the 4 people they are travelling with.

Keep an eye out for Oracles, and you'll need your team to focus the person with oracles if they have one early game. later on in the game it doesn't matter, once i have 2 sunfire cloaks I can spam damage and with my aoe aura i can generally kill anyone 1v1, including Jax.

may require fleeing to reinvis as they chase me down burning from cloaks, then i rejump them...

The early game play is all about teamwork.

You need to lane with someone who is going to harrass the enemy heroes so you can last hit creeps. or possibly get first blood or jump heroes for kills/assists.

Your game doesn't start until you farm 2500 gold.

I take cloak first level, and go with a dps with exhaust/ignite if playing with a friend, so you can FB with stun.

leveling ravage afterwards.

Max out invis first so you can just harrass for 60 seconds at a time, no one will buy oracles early in the game unless they want to sacrifice alot of their equipment, 400g early in the game is huge, especially when its easy to just gank that hero. which is what your team needs to do, because a 400g loss is awesome.

Most games end when I've got Spell Pen boots, and 3 cloaks. around 3500 hp.

My runes are Spell Penetration Marks / Health Seals / Cooldown Reduction glyph's.

If the enemy has alot of magic resistance due to you stacking capes, you've already won the game.

Because if they go out of the way to buy gear especially for you, the rest of your team has it easy.

Your job is to never let enemies return to the well after a teamfight, with flash ghost and your rampage ult, you can hunt down anyone, I've run directly to well's through a full base to get kills before. I can outrun any hero and with this build, have enough HP and Armor to tank towers easily.

The only thing you need to watch for generally, are Ryze burst dmg, but that's what Flash is for, you can run in stun him, dps him down, when he stuns you to start his combo on you, you can flash out so the bounce fails then run back in to kill.

Anyways, best of luck to you, post some videos of your evelyn ownage!

Neverforever

Recruiter

04-26-2010

SF cap build is essentially a tank build. And a tank build has advantages for several reasons. Psychological for 1, most people see Eve and think... DPS so they tend to target you. And 2) surviving is the only way to take advantage of your ult and hate spike effectively.

However, you'll also quickly realize that a Tank Eve is useless other then a damage sink. You bring nothing to the team fight. Your basically taking a secondary role so that a real carry on your team can actually carry. While it MAY work and get you wins. Your not actually doing anything useful.

The fact your opponents don't buy oracles and you think 400g is a lot shows that your still playing idiots. I pop fort elixirs like candy to give eve the extra survivability and damage.

You explain that you are just there to clean up kills. Works fine if your team can win or 1/2 win the 4v5. But given decent opponents, i think u will find that there won't be anyone to clean up.

Your build also has no mres. Annie or Ryze or any caster will drop you so fast, it won't be funny.

inept

04-26-2010

3/10 decent troll attempt

Wakazashi430

04-26-2010

I'm level 30 and fight only 30's with several hundred wins.

I can drop anyone, and in teamfights lets say i have 3 capes thats 120 DPS in an aoe, plus its invisible harrassment.

you can blindly say that any build doesn't work, but sure.. have you tried it for yourself?

Angry gorilla

04-26-2010

Haha i always did this before this was posted love it, So much fun

Mesa H

04-26-2010

Quote:
inept:
3/10 decent troll attempt

i'd put in one more point for the post's length

PoderOdunk

04-27-2010

I played with you tonight - you didn't do **** - sure you had a lot of assists by standing around invisible during a team fight so anyone who died you did some aura dmg too, but it was insignificant. This strategy only has validity against weak/******ed opponents. It won't hold up. Good luck with it though, if you enjoy the playstyle, then just do it and ignore what anyone has to say about it.

Reep

04-27-2010

Hey, I tried it in a (generally) balanced practice match. i got fed early game because I've played 40+eve games and the malphite was decent, but in general it was very effective with my 19 magic penetration runes, totaling up to 39 with boots. Got boots @ level 3, ready to roll.

It was pretty fun running around people with sunfire burning their ass off, and of course, Jax outrunning me >_>

All in all I'd say if you have a superfed early game, go for it! Some of them will just stop running and stand there cause they know what will happen.

Let me note that I did not start maxing Invisibility until I got 4ish points in hatespike and ravage. Thats when my team starting getting fed, longer stun is better.

Wakazashi430

04-27-2010

Quote:
PoderOdunk:
I played with you tonight - you didn't do **** - sure you had a lot of assists by standing around invisible during a team fight so anyone who died you did some aura dmg too, but it was insignificant. This strategy only has validity against weak/******ed opponents. It won't hold up. Good luck with it though, if you enjoy the playstyle, then just do it and ignore what anyone has to say about it.

Let me clarify.

What he said is true.

but the game was horrible.

We had our solo, Vualk, who was 2-10 by level 12.

Also, you guys were steam rolling us as a team, we lost horrible, regardless of what i was playing.

Built or character didnt matter, our entire team got smoked that game.

You guys were way stronger than us and by the time the game ended, I think i had 1 sunfire cloak and halfway to my next. by level 12 and 19 minutes in.

Wakazashi430

04-27-2010

nice one Reep.