Garen Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sowene

04-29-2010

Garen is really easy to pick up and go. But in the begining he is a bit tricky to play but it doesn't take long to adjust to the play style. Give or take in 1-3 games you will very soon learn a better build then the recommend one in video and char list.

I do want to point out that being in a 3v1 isn't as bad with other characters with some exceptions. In a live game I handled pretty well Using W and E and finishing 1 with Ult (R) and the 2nd with E... the 3rd, got away and killed me off. But what I am saying here is that most range isn't as scary as before. Someone like ryze was like "hope for a gank down" rather then 1v1, with Gar i walked up and bashed him.

With that said being on the other end of the stick was a bit painful too, but you can get around the issue easy by focus fire like any other time XD.

-Edit-
Btw I just know someone will say something so i'm going to add a info for ryzes, he was 3 lvl's above, well decently fed and I used W first to get around his nuke then Q to run him down casted slow then E and quickly used ult to clean up.

UnloadingDog

04-29-2010

I fought Garen a lot every time I crush him with Mordekaiser

PeachBluntz

04-29-2010

im tired of these no mana heros ,its like u just got lazy, now i just have to lane againt noobs who play shen and kennen and ur stupid new hero and dont need to waste their cash on mana regen items but can still harass u ez mode all day. u guys failing hard.

Karandor

Adjudicator

04-29-2010

Energy for shen and kennen is great early game but actually worse than mana late game.

The CD's on Garen's skills are long enough that if you make him miss his judgement he's pretty useless.

At level 1 if the enemy has flash his silence is better than judgement for ganking.

The best part about garen, honestly, is that he rapes Jax.

PoohBear26

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandor View Post
Energy for shen and kennen is great early game but actually worse than mana late game.
^This

Ilickbeads123

04-29-2010

great video thanks.

can anyone give me advice on fighting garen as master yi? currently if he gets near me im a dead man. seems his health is just to low to deal with him

thanks.

Vallenhael

04-29-2010

Well, I'm testing Garen since some days, got already pretty used to him, and even had some 20:5:10 games. But still, I don't feel him Op. His Passive is rather useless in active fights, and whenever i trie to attack using judgement, my 2000 Hp are beeing bashed by nukes of 3 nukers (it was 3 vs 3, we tired to attack, I was bashed, my team tried to retreat, and another one died...) within less then 5 sec, though W.

Pls help me, cause I really don't want to screw up any games for my allies. What is the Item build for garen, and what the best skill build? How to play him, rather defensive, stay back, till its clear, that an attack is save, or rush together with ur team trying to knock the enemy's down?? And how to pawn Mordekaiser with him?? cause he seems really to be the arch enemy of Garen, eats all my damage without any probs, and hits me for 200-300 with every hit.

heartlessofdeath

04-29-2010

[quote

LOL Masta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallenhael View Post
Well, I'm testing Garen since some days, got already pretty used to him, and even had some 20:5:10 games. But still, I don't feel him Op. His Passive is rather useless in active fights, and whenever i trie to attack using judgement, my 2000 Hp are beeing bashed by nukes of 3 nukers (it was 3 vs 3, we tired to attack, I was bashed, my team tried to retreat, and another one died...) within less then 5 sec, though W.

Pls help me, cause I really don't want to screw up any games for my allies. What is the Item build for garen, and what the best skill build? How to play him, rather defensive, stay back, till its clear, that an attack is save, or rush together with ur team trying to knock the enemy's down?? And how to pawn Mordekaiser with him?? cause he seems really to be the arch enemy of Garen, eats all my damage without any probs, and hits me for 200-300 with every hit.
Just Q and attack the caster, they are useless for a while, and then E and W all around the place, and finish it with a R and you have 1 down and two at half health, and unless your allies are horrible you will get an ace and move on

Vallenhael

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Masta View Post
Just Q and attack the caster, they are useless for a while, and then E and W all around the place, and finish it with a R and you have 1 down and two at half health, and unless your allies are horrible you will get an ace and move on
Thy for that. Maybe got an item build 2? Cause I#ve been doing Boots +1, 2 pots, +3 boots, zeal, ghost, phantom, IE for now. Now Someone who claims to have a 80:20 winning rate with him told me that: Brut, boots, I.E. Sunfire, Frozen, Omen would rock ass. Which u think is better? Or maybe do have anything completly different?