Garen Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IVIadHatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenBoy View Post
Scale? what do you need it? his ultimate at lvl 3 does 500 dmg + the health missing..i think it's enough,he has enough dmg.
1 damage per 2.5 health missing + 585 at lvl 3 and once reductions kick in, it's not THAT strong lategame. Chances are if you got them that low and are close enough to cast it, a crit or two and they'd be dead anyway.

BloodGod22

04-28-2010

Ofc, the Garen fanboyz are deffending their baby...

Enrayged

04-28-2010

Hmm...

I think I may have a new favorite... now, the only problem is that he is bound to be "legendary"

=(

palidine40

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecatus View Post
Yea. So far from what I've seen they've combined a WoW warrior and pally. Lulu storm/bubble ftl?

I'd love to see a support ninja thought. Something involving smoke fields for friendly evasion and stuff.

Shen, stand united. Shield ally, show up to defend them.

Sarpati

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruqnut View Post
He doesn't scale with items well. His ult doesn't scale at all, his W doesn't scale, his Q attack only scales by getting a chance to crit, and judgement is the only scaling ability, which can be avoided if you're smart. He has no snare, once focused he's dead, learn2play before u scream nerf.
I think his scaling is fine. Yeah, R is not that good when facing MR but we don't want to take that spot from Cho'gath, do we? Even late game, it still has an use as a way of ensuring a kill while beating on another champion, or when you're chasing and can't get close enough to the target for the kill (I've killed so many people this way).

His W is fine (4 seconds of -35% damage is awesome if you get any kind of HP items on him).

And Q doesn't scale with crit. Don't know if it's a bug or not, but when it crits, it actually does the same damage (you still get a crit notification). In my first practice, I was stacking crit to test the mechanics of Judgment (crits don't boost the base damage FYI), and when I had 100% crit chance, Q was just making me hit for less. To be specific, Q did 378 damage crits (same damage I was getting with no crits before I got 2 Phantom Dancers), auto attacks did 650 damage crits.

Judgment does a lot of damage - far more than the average physical DPS ability. So it's only fair that it can be so easily countered.

spiegel1

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicKisH View Post
World of Warcraft called, they wanted the Warrior skillset back.
jk <3
Druids in the xpak are getting teemo's mushrooms.

Even trade :P

Shrump

04-28-2010

Phreak I <3 this Hero & your build & items... i have been raping faces with your build & getting yelled at that Garen is OP... I <3 it

cheeeya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

I want a refund for my unspecial Garen skins!

Sandjube

Recruiter

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmz View Post
LETS DO SOME RATIONAL THINKING.
It's an ultimate. Maybe you should calculate the total damage output of a full crowstorm, fear, drain combo by fiddle and scream nerf on that

+1. Fiddle does a crapload of damage, and so does ryze, why complain about Garen?

EKLyPTHyK

04-29-2010

Yeah pretty good !!