Garen Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maintence on EU

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwhite View Post
QQ Sounds like playing Morganna is gonna end up being a crapfest with this new champ for sure. : (
every champion is supposed to have a counter. Garen > Morgana.

Stiler

04-28-2010

hmm? Morganna's stun stops garen in his tracks. So does Ryze's hold. I'm not sure what is defined in game as a "root" but I thought both of their holds were...

kruqnut

04-28-2010

He doesn't scale with items well. His ult doesn't scale at all, his W doesn't scale, his Q attack only scales by getting a chance to crit, and judgement is the only scaling ability, which can be avoided if you're smart. He has no snare, once focused he's dead, learn2play before u scream nerf.

mummz

04-28-2010

Ye i think this hero will make a problem wow vs lol bacause warrior in wow looks like this one (copy)
Sorry for english :P!

Dark0verlord

04-28-2010

My only question is- "Will he be able to get stunned during his little spin?" Cause as a patheon player I might actually have to get the bash before the spear throw when facing Garen.

BlackCat9001

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintence on EU View Post
Garen < Morgana.
Fixed.

I love playing against Garen as Morgana. When he starts spinning just snare him and he just sits there. Then put down tormented soil and use the ult and it's GG against him. It's funny.

Maintence on EU

04-28-2010

Garen > Morgana
Garen pops Courage when morgana is nuking him, and cleanse morganas ulti.

Vahlse

04-28-2010

I'm sick of seeing scrubs complain about his abilities. Have you even fought as or against garen? Without hiding in a brush and praying for someone to come to you it is extremely difficult to close in as garen. His 2 second speed buff doesn't actually help as much as you would think. He is very controllable and very partner dependant. Shen was probably the most ideal partner as he could taunt enemies in place for garen to mow them down with judgment. But in any other scenario he is easily kite-able and controllable by stuns and taunts.

KittenBoy

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruqnut View Post
He doesn't scale with items well. His ult doesn't scale at all, his W doesn't scale, his Q attack only scales by getting a chance to crit, and judgement is the only scaling ability, which can be avoided if you're smart. He has no snare, once focused he's dead, learn2play before u scream nerf.

Scale? what do you need it? his ultimate at lvl 3 does 500 dmg + the health missing..i think it's enough,he has enough dmg.

BlacklronTarkus

04-28-2010

I enjoy all the cries of OP, he has to be one of the easiest characters ive come across to kill, then again, it all depends on the player ^_^