Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Garen Champion Spotlight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brozooka

04-27-2010

Love this champion. Sucks though because everyone seems to want to play him so people leave during champion pick non stop.

Lord Mathrotus

04-27-2010

After seeing Judgement almost kill morgana in one duration, I'm starting to wonder if its balanced...

I guess its a good thing it doesnt move you like trynd's slash, so staying away from garen's melee range is a counter in a way.

jdizzoffthehizz

04-27-2010

Quote:
Xiaro:
*what Tryn should have been. You can just delete him now

If you were to delete Tryn...please give me Garen because I just bought Tryn...

seresibyl

04-27-2010

Quote:
Lord Mathrotus:
After seeing Judgement almost kill morgana in one duration, I'm starting to wonder if its balanced...

I guess its a good thing it doesnt move you like trynd's slash, so staying away from garen's melee range is a counter in a way.

Being a melee based ability isn't going to make it any more balanced with the damage it does :P

OORAH34

04-27-2010

Quote:
lazyxx:
Yeah man it drives me nuts. ... i dunno. i think people need to go play runescape or hello kitty adventures.

xD hello kitty

People need to play as the so-called "OP" heroes a few games, then they will understand the strengths and weaknesses each one has.

Note how low Garen's health gets in the video; Shen has to save him a couple times, and I imagine when we play against Garen we will see him get ganked and his newb teammates run away, thus he dies. Phreak generally knows how to push champs to their limits, which is something that most players will EPIC FAIL at.

BlacklronTarkus

04-27-2010

I want my blood angel!

OORAH34

04-27-2010

Quote:
Lord Mathrotus:

Guess people need to time the cooldown then. I basically view Garen as a melee nuke, (if that makes any sense) so I would counter him like I do Ryze: stay back and farm, then ping him for a gank when you're ready. I think Heimer's ult and Ashe's Frost Arrows together would scare Garen's pants off.

seresibyl

04-27-2010

Quote:
warriortiger520:
preak isn't playing with noob players he's making them look like noobs

nice champ!!

Lol like when he "took hits from the tower for shen" even though shen wasn't in the tower's range (and was at 100% health)?

=)

PS: I agree. It's like a katarina ult but better

God of Life

04-27-2010

Well i bought garen, and im sad to say it says my riot points are gone and i dont have Garen. Also, its saying i cant play practice games. Is this glitch happening to anyone else? i bought the double bundle and i still havent gotten garen nor can i play practice!! HELP ME

QuietPlz

04-27-2010

Excellent job again on this Champion spotlight. i look forward to your videos. Quality work!