Latency issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pandy Noodle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-26-2010

http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...11ff-45f6-aefc

Occasionally the hp bars will disappear over allies and enemies and latency jumps from 30 to around 400. Happens at least once per game and it's really getting on my nerves, anything I can do to fix this?

masacrater

04-26-2010

Seconded

Pandy Noodle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-27-2010

Still need some help, that seconded doesn't provide any aid at all.

Eambo

04-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy Noodle View Post
Still need some help, that seconded doesn't provide any aid at all.
I recommend running a ping in the background to see if the connection begins timing out around this time. To do this:

Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard
Type in "cmd" and press enter
Then type in "Ping google.com -t"

This will continually ping until you press ctrl+c. Jump in a game, if you get a chance when the lag starts alt-tab out and look at the command prompt. Do you notice that the ping times have went up? (average is usually under 100ms for a decent connection). Or do you begin getting timeouts?

Mimmy

04-27-2010

I have this same issue and I tried the command prompt out and my connection does time out during these latency spikes

Eambo

04-27-2010

Hi Mimmy,

Thanks a lot for trying that! If this is happening then as you can guess, it's not League of Legend but your entire connection having issues. I can't give a massive amount of help regarding this, however:

1) Some routers get dodgy when there's too many connections open. Using things like Limewire, BitTorrent or other Peer2Peer software can mean there's maybe fifty connections at a time, and routers tend to get dodgy. If using any software like this, or download/uploading at all, close them.

2) It might be worth giving your ISP a call with the information you have on hand. One of the big troubleshooting steps they'll use is a ping to check for timeouts, so you have that information to hand which is great.

3) If you're working wirelessly, try wiring yourself directly. Wireless is unreliable for gaming, which causes latency issues. If you have no option but to work wirelessly try changing your wireless channel in your router settings, just incase someone in your neighbourhood has the same channel which is causing your wireless to have issues.

Pandy Noodle

Recruiter

04-28-2010

Hi, I tried the pinging google and it seems that very periodically the time will jump from 20ms to 1940ms. Anything I can do to this problem? I only had 2/3000 packets lost so I'm not too worried about that. I generally have no p2p software running while playing games and its not a fps drop since that seems to stay at 60 constantly.

Pandy Noodle

Recruiter

04-30-2010

bump?

Squeelch

04-30-2010

Having a problem where I just randomly completely disconnect. Will be unable to move or preform actions, but can still see whats going on in the game. Eventually Hp bars disappear and I am disconnected.

If I do get disconnected and am able to reconnect I will be unable to play anyway as I will disconnect for the rest of the match. I have tried disabling the QoS in the network settings, which seems to help but I am still having issues. It seems to make it so instead of hanging forever I will just disconnect faster.

I just played a game with the "Ping google.com -t" prompt up and started having problems towards the end of the match. My ping to google stayed at a constant 45-65ms. I did have a 450ms jump, but it was way before I disconnected from LoL.

It wouldn't be too much of a nuisance with just a single disconnect, but it seems that once I do disconnect, I won't stop disconnecting.

Pandy Noodle

Recruiter

05-01-2010

o_o Thread hijacking, help still needed.