Looking for Pro Karthus Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAnythinger

07-22-2011

Recently I purchased Karthus and I do enjoy playing with him, but I do not have a very good build for him at all.

I just build it my mind and it doesnt work.

So I'm asking any Pro Karthus player's to please comment and leave a nice build...

I would prefer it in this format though ( doesn't need to be just how I set my guides up.)

1st Buy -

1st Recall -

Core build -

Situational -

Not Recommended -

Thank you ahead of time to everyone that response with a good build.

iJona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

Go to the guides and strategy section of the forums, there are like 6 guides. They are all pretty much are the same. Or google ftw....

zebano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

I build

mana crystal + pots
Catalyst + boots (situational null mantle since mid you often face Brand/Annie/Malz/AP caster)
Sorc boots + blasting wand
Rod of Ages
Needlessly large rod
Deathcap.
core is : sorc shoes, RoA, Deathcap for some excellent AP, some mPen, some HP, some Mana.

Recommended: Zhonas, Abyssal, Rylais, Void Staff, wards, blue elixer

Not Recommended: too much D since you still deal damage with your passive so you really want some good AP. Lich bane because q spams so fast that it's hard to get autoattacks in (unless no one on your team will kill towers).

Brick VanderHuge

07-22-2011

I go:

-Boots + 2hp/1mana or 2mana/1hp depending on who i think I'm laning against.
-Tears of the goddess
-Mejeis (Even if early game your team is not aggressive enough for ult kills you will get stacks. As long as I'm over 5 I'm happy i made the item cost effective. Mid game I'm around 12 stacks and i never dip below 5 even if we lose the game.)
-Finish Sorc Boots
-Zhonas hourglass - The best **** active for Karth EVER. complete game changer and i get it around the time heavy team fight occur.
-Deathcap
-Finish Archangels
-Rylais or Defensive item

On a side note you can make the most outlandishly expensive build for him. He is one of the few champs who I get around 18k-20k gold endgame.

AreYouReady2Die

07-22-2011

There's 2 ways to play him, max ap ranged bomber, and beefy ace them every fight tank karthus.
9/7/14 mastery getting strength of spirit defense mastery.(Hp regen off mana)
Skills
Q,E,Q,E,W,R,Q,E,Q,E,R
Mana crystal at start hp/mana pot
Recall 605+ gold build

Tear of Goddess you want
Once you have a blasting wand, you can solo blue buff, by Q/E. Blue is incredibly important. Because your main weapon is E hence the mana rush.

Archangel fast as possible. Sorc boots after.

Once I have archangel complete I gank side lanes.

Final build Archangel, rod of Ages x2, abyss scepter, zhonya hourglass. If they go heavy into MR sell a item you don't need for void.

Make sure your team knows your playing suicide bomber, charge their team and toss a slow wall up turn on E and charge bombing as you go. When you die if you do ult, you will wreak so much havoc your team will typically ace.

Important note: do not attempt charging in first vs heavy stun/silence teams. Your beefy but not the tank be 2nd into team fights! If team fails badly may need deathcap instead of a item to range bomb.

This build scored me 74 kills once against noobs who wouldn't give up, typically 30+ kills without killstealing on purpose.. Accidents happen he's karhus lol

gom99

07-22-2011

I'd give you my advice, but I'm not a "pro". I consider myself fairly good with Karthus, but still not a pro, lol. The 2 top Karthus players on NA are probably Tryptamine and Scarra.

If you look at a few of the own3d streams, you can probably catch someone playing against them in the afternoon. You can also scout out their rune and mastery pages.

Tryptamine pretty much uses a heavy AP page, and relies heavily on blue buff during the game. His core is RoA & Deathcap. I've seen Scara use several builds.

Bicho Feote

07-22-2011

I am fairly good with Karthus and this is my build (always get my a possitive score of +7 or more.
-Start with crystal and 2 hp pots.
-Get lvl 1 boots and rus RoA.
-Finish boots and get even deathcape (if ur fed) or Archangels.
-Get the one u didnt get before, or if the other team is having some heavy dmg get Hourglass (for dps) or abyssal (for casters)
-Voidstaff

m0gX

07-22-2011

get AP.

WdBlazer

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebano View Post
I build

mana crystal + pots
Catalyst + boots (situational null mantle since mid you often face Brand/Annie/Malz/AP caster)
Sorc boots + blasting wand
Rod of Ages
Needlessly large rod
Deathcap.
core is : sorc shoes, RoA, Deathcap for some excellent AP, some mPen, some HP, some Mana.

Recommended: Zhonas, Abyssal, Rylais, Void Staff, wards, blue elixer

Not Recommended: too much D since you still deal damage with your passive so you really want some good AP. Lich bane because q spams so fast that it's hard to get autoattacks in (unless no one on your team will kill towers).
This.

Adolf Viktor

07-22-2011

boots, AA deathcap 3 more AA 1200 ap enuf said