Redesigning Dr Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shedim

09-07-2009

Compare cleaver to a similar ability: The judicator's snare. The judicator's snare does more damage, snares harder anddoesn't require any aiming at all.

The infected cleaver is inferior compared to all other ranged snares by now. And it is a skill-shot!

Cantor

09-07-2009

the percentage damage is cool, and I guess it could be effective, but it never seems to do as much as it said it would, maybe if it ignored armor?

wonky

09-07-2009

Quote:
I'd prefer the passive to be like the former Boost - the first disable triggers it and grants you spell immunity for a short period. Of course tied to a cooldown.

This is a great idea. Give it like a 1.5 or 2 minute cooldown that works just like Banshee's Veil, but only for CC's (stun, fear, roots).

It would make Mundo a much better initiator, being able to charge in against a team with Morganna or Ryze or someone, because initially you won't be able to root him.

shedim

09-08-2009

The cleaver is mitigated by damage, making that spell even more worse, than other snares.

dollface

09-08-2009

Infected cleaver is pointless, in all honesty, even when it does hit a few seconds of slow is nothing compared to all the stun locks most other champions have. He is a great tower destroyer, but I find him to be horrible in fights.

Xiao

09-08-2009

Cleaver needs to be buffed and the regen on burning agony needs to be buffed.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
Make Burning Agony scale with his decreasing HP.

...Alternatively, rework the Cleaver so that it does %HP damage based on the distance your enemy moves over a short period of time. It's boring to have another skill randomly slowing enemies down and seeing that ugly yellow squiggly lines underneath the enemy champs... making the enemy champs "bleed out" will give an incentive not to run from Dr.Mundo, giving players a choice to run and sustain damage, or stay and face Mundo...

Brilliant idea - I love this! This will make it so that enemies have to face you, OR take damage to get away. Either way, they take damage. Of course, if they choose to face you, then you have to decide whether it's worth it to go in and take damage too, or just let them sit there for a bit till it wears off. It could be something like this:

Deals X% of current hp in damage when it hits. For the next 2/3/4/5/6 seconds, it deals 1% of current hp in damage for every 100 units the player moves.

Since it's current hp at the time that 1% is removed, you can never "die" from bleeding out if you are getting away. But this will give him a much nicer edge and a pseudo-disable.

Also agree with others - fix the hit box on the cleaver - it always seems to disappear JUST before the edge of the range of the green circle that shows.

Krom

09-08-2009

I'd up the range by 10-20% on Cleaver for starters. Then make it more accurate, like Morgana's.

Cantor

09-08-2009

What about instead of slowing, the cleaver inflicts a long lasting percentage based poison. Since that seems to be the theme for Mundo, health percentage. it's a skill shot, so make it that once you're hit with it, you're not going to die instantly, but going back to the fountain is definitely going to be on your todo list.

Metaphim

09-08-2009

I must say I have alot of problems playing this char, I recently tried to play him faced two range chars alone at the beginning and ended up dying ten times without a single kill and got flamed by one of my teammates as noob.

First problem is Cleaver, that its obstructed is annoying but ok I guess every skill needs its weaknesses,
but that its not autoaimed additionally makes it almost impossible to use at range against champions.
(make it autoaimed)

So our hero is forced into close combat but he has neither the speed to engage and escape nor do his skills make him sufficient tough to survive a double team at the beginning.

Burning agonies health regeneration is laughable small in early and mid game just compare it to the amount regenerated by an regeneration pendant which regenerates 3-5 times the health at that point.
(let burning agony grow from 0.3% to 0.5% add a temporary health bonus dependant on how many enemies are currently attacking him(or maybe when he is range attacked) that does not upgrade with level but will help him trough the early game.)

The masochism skill and his ultimate are good as they are they do not need change.