A New Champion Approaches: Wukong, the Monkey King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeroXsouL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchux View Post
i think that if Jax had trained him, now he would be much stronger, the opness champion
lol, u dont see the damages how u say this mounky stronger?

Erekai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

I'm a little (read: extremely) disappointed in his ultimate...

WuGaren

Strxex

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erekai View Post
I'm a little (read: extremely) disappointed in his ultimate...

WuGaren
Unless if his ultimate is universal? xD

IwazaruSaru

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emries View Post
Just saw Sun Wukong's lore: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/...ong-monkey-king

I have to say... this upsets me 1000 times more than bookburner nerf and 100 times more than unstable powersource nerf. I have an almost uncontrollable urge to sue riot and/or smack their employees with a metal bat.

Metal bat with metal spikes.

Tipped with toxin.

And a bomb.

This is the worst lore Ever. Not only have they excluded the crescent shaped thin golden crown characteristic to the hero which controls his powers, they give him a chain kilt. How does one even stealth with a jingling chain kilt. But I got past that. Fine, westernize his old tiger pelt into a chain kilt. It's not too horrible. Fine, give him a dash skill instead of a leap skill. It's not too irksome *twitches*.

But now you make him a student of Carry-Yi? Sorry but this isn't Sun Wukong anymore. That's not even funny, understandable or tolerable. You even purposely cut out All his past achievements and rich history, leaving not hints, but sarcastic similar allusions. Frankly, this is a wanna-be Sun Wukong and you can expect the majority of China to be outright furious. Even with all that excluded, the writing/imagination done is less than that of a 3rd grader.
Congreatulations in letting your fanboyness for the character's actual lore that you completely forget that this is a game with it's own history and it's own land. He resembles and takes the name Wukong but is in no way the same Monkey King as the one from the legends, this should be obvious. So your anger is your own fault.

CrispyCookie

07-22-2011

Annoying voice incoming..

Gamerdragon777

07-22-2011

wow. so hes not the monkey king that beat the asses of all the Chinese goods

Lady Darena

07-22-2011

I still think he shouldn't be wearing boots. Maybe shinguards, but not boots. A monkey's feet are too useful to them and dexterous to trap them up in boots.

Otherwise, nice concept. Hopefully, I'll have enough saved up to try him out.

The Monster King

07-22-2011

Hello I am a character designer at Riot... here is this character not from a chinese legend at all!! Not a copy paste in any way, see, he has a stupid story instead... (noobs)

Lady Darena

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwazaruSaru View Post
Congreatulations in letting your fanboyness for the character's actual lore that you completely forget that this is a game with it's own history and it's own land. He resembles and takes the name Wukong but is in no way the same Monkey King as the one from the legends, this should be obvious. So your anger is your own fault.
Sorry, I have to agree with this guy here. If this were the actual Monkey King, he would be so OP as to not even be allowed to be a playable character.

Aka possesses immense strength (able to lift his 17,881 lbs staff with ease), superbly fast (able to travel 33,554 mi) in one somersault, knows 72 transformations, which allows him to transform into various animals and objects, is a skilled fighter, capable of holding his own against the best generals of heaven, each of his hairs possesses magical properties, and is capable of transforming either into a clone of the Monkey King himself, or various weapons, animals, and other objects, also knows spells that can command wind, part water, conjure protective circles against demons, and freeze humans, demons, and gods alike.

This would allow him to move from one end of the map to the other instantly at will, one shot anyone without equipment, summon clones of himself or other champs, create protective circles, cast spells and freeze people at will on the map.

If people are honestly expecting exact clones of legendary beings to appear in this game, then I don't see how they're even playing this game. The character they created here has just enough of the original's looks, some abilities (he CAN make clones of himself briefly), and such to make him interesting in that way. For the most part though, they're trying to make him balanced, fun to play and something that will be a good addition to existing champions.

Try not to be too upset over his lack of a free teleport skill, or the ability to flood a lane with clones all by himself. :P

Lady Darena

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster King View Post
Hello I am a character designer at Riot... here is this character not from a chinese legend at all!! Not a copy paste in any way, see, he has a stupid story instead... (noobs)
Nice comment.

Think much? ...didn't think so.