A New Champion Approaches: Wukong, the Monkey King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NahmanJayden FBI

07-21-2011

The lore is just so bad.......He got beat by Yi? Patrick Stewart facepalm. Not a single reference to the Journey to the West. Didn't even mention that he got his pole from the Water Kingdom. The lore itself plus, the unoriginal spells are really starting to turn me off buying him. To think I saved up 6300 points...

Instant Lock

07-21-2011

Everything is great but his Q. 10+ Champions have this same exact spell.

Trenonian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

Really nice job on the story. I like how they: 1) showed Yi being a boss, 2) Talked about the future of Wuju, 3) finally showed an old Doran item.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

It looks good, although Yi should have been replaced with Lee Sin... The monkey king's companion is supposed to be a monk. Lee Sin is also more... master-ish than yi.

Arc Tech

07-21-2011

I liked Renekton Bot's story better.

Dickwondo

07-21-2011

Yes his artwork is so.....

majestic. What a bad ass.

Zettai Ryouiki

07-21-2011

Excited! This one's worth 6300!

Renesk

07-21-2011

probably going to have to wait till wednesday or tuesday

Lonewolf911

07-21-2011

When I first heard the news that the Monkey King is coming out as a champion in LOL I was very excited, but now that I learned his abilities I feel less exciting now. Personally, I love the idea of nimbus strike and his ultimate cyclone, but the rest of his abilities is pretty weak. Stone skin is gonna give just a tiny bit more armor and MR so that he won't be OP early game. And for Crushing Blow, unless it coolsdown in no more than 5 secs, its gonna be a pretty useless ability, and as for Decoy, its gonna suck. 1.5 secs of stealth won't help on escape and if you are chasing you won't even bother using it. The fact that the decoy is uncontrollable is not gonna trick no body in fight. You can prob use it to trick enemy a few times when you are in the lanning phase hiding in a bush. I really dont know how Monkey King is gonna work out..... I guess I have to try him out first to see! Still an instant buy for the it is a Chinese Legend, hope I won't be disappointed too bad.

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicFrogNinja View Post
It looks good, although Yi should have been replaced with Lee Sin... The monkey king's companion is supposed to be a monk. Lee Sin is also more... master-ish than yi.
Wrong type of monk. The Lee Sin monk would've been more akin to one of the Monkey King's comrades--the bald one who fights--and not the one who Monkey King must protect.