Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are you satisfied with Riot?

Yes I am satisfied. 2898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters 12563 .

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capnwinters

07-24-2011

I voted unsatisfied. I feel that given the game's 2 year lifespan, Riot has failed to deliver on the future it has so splendidly described. A future in which the game looks better, the client works better/doesn't have a pointless download button, there are more than 2 maps, and champions play more distinctly.

Math Test

07-24-2011

I voted somewhat satisfied. I play the game and enjoy playing, and that by its nature implies I am somewhat satisfied with Riot and the game they have developed so far.

Yet, there are glaring issues. Aside from the typical server issues responses (which are inconvenient, but EU has had it much worse, so it makes me more accepting of the state of NA servers), I think my biggest concern is champion development and design.

Riot's overall philosophy on what they want this game to be is extremely puzzling to me. When you have champions described as "must play" or "just for fun" and "completely nonviable" it makes you wonder what the end-game is for design. Is the end game to have every champion be a viable pick in some role on a team that will make any champion a viable pick in all levels of game play (understanding that some will have a bigger learning, curve, differences, etc.) or is the end game to simply ensure that champion who are the oft-chosen in competitive play are balanced among themselves, and then dealing with the leftovers later and simply making "fun to play but not serious champions" later?

With newer champions almost always released "OP" or "UP" (most recent champions have had near-next patch nerfs or buffs applied to them indicating that something is wrong with them) it makes me curious as to how these champions are balanced? In fact, high-ELO and tournament play gives Riot unique insight into what to change in champions who are "clearly overpowered" or just the opposite, yet I think the entire balance strategy seems to be heading toward an overall average set of average champions where no one fills any particular role aside from averagely.

I don't see champions who often have a good skill go unerfed for too long. Why is this? I think this is because other champions have that sort of "well, we can fill this role or this role kind of well" philosophy behind them, so Riot cannot allow champions to deviate from this set because then you have a long-term status-quo interruption with what would be considered OP champions that are always chosen and always have an advantage over the "average-type" champions. I think that this design flaw has ended up sending Riot in the wrong direction, and will result in many champions will similar skills that fill roles equally giving players no reason to choose one over the other. Eventually, this will also make new champions simply a grab bag of skills out of the role(s) they are supposed to fulfill.

My advice, and what I'd like to see Riot do is devote less time to new champions. I understand that "new champions every two weeks" is a great way to make money with RP-bought champions, skins, and bundles, and that definitely is a consideration that Riot as a company has to take (though I don't think I have ever heard a Riot staff member comment on how the money effects the directions they take). However, I think that taking a step back from creating new champions and rethinking how the "balance" of the game is going to play out. Riot could easily create new skins, good new skins (especially some that have been suggested by the community which would win major brownie points with many members) which could make up for some of the RP use that may drop off from a new champion every two weeks. Hell, even if you pushed it back to one new champion a month to get balance issues correct (and increase the beta-tester pool to ensure the new plan is successfully implemented) that would do wonders.

In summary, I think there needs to be a refocusing on the Design Team towards determining the direction champions are going. Overall average champions with no niches makes for a boring game, but a game with top-tier balancing and lower-tier "fun to play" champions makes investing any time in those champions worthless.

Scondoro

07-24-2011

I voted somewhat dissatisfied.
I had a ton of fun playing LoL for the past 1.5 years, until recently when my playing really fell off. This happened mostly due to the fact that I finally invested time and money into Steam and its games, and I've found very many fun alternatives to LoL (although none of the other games I play are MOBAs). LoL still remains in my mind as one of my favorite games, it's just that I'm kind of tired of the monotony that new champions and skins have become. I understand you're all doing the best you can, and I totally believe you! In the meantime, though, I'm taking a break so when the big "SOON" happens it'll have all this new stuff, and I'll be fresh for the game! I still read the forums and announcements daily, I'm, again, just taking a break because I don't want the "same ol' same old" to BE the "same ol' same old".

Biggems

07-24-2011

I voted Somewhat SatisfiedI love the structure of the game and playing it in general, but I do wish Riot would balance some champions.

cft24

07-24-2011

7808 votes

CuttingOnions

07-24-2011

funny, more people are somewhat dissatisfied than are satisfied

Dancer of Shadow

07-24-2011

I am quite satisfied with Riot at the moment The issues that they have are common in any type of competitive online game and are usually fixed in a decent amount of time. And also, unlike companies like Blizzard and others that run online mmo's or pvp type games, riot generally listens to their fan base. They can't cater to every single individuals wants, because let's face it, if they made a change because one person had a complaint about something, this game would end up being stupid and would always have down time and so on and so forth.

cft24

07-24-2011

Hiicantpk

07-24-2011

Imo, 3/5 atm. They need to fix a few balance issues and deliver on a few promises to raise the rating.

cft24

07-24-2011