Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are you satisfied with Riot?

Yes I am satisfied. 2898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters 12563 .

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Campaign Rage

07-23-2011

The matchmaking needs work.
If a level 1 pairs with a level 30 to duo queue, pair them with other level 30s.
Don't let the level 30 benefit over the level 15-20s because it uses average level.
Ruins the game for solo-queue players.

I got tired of playing against level 30s when I was only level 15-20 because of this.
At the lobby screen I would see 3 people around my level and then for some ridiculous reason a level 2-5 and a level 27-30.

Now that I'm level 26, I find it better, but still I am being paired with incapable players. I don't know how to fix this issue because people don't listen. They don't want to get better, they just want to ruin the game for others who are trying to win and enjoy the satisfaction this game has to offer.

Fix the matchmaking and you will have fixed my vote from No to Yes.

---

Another issue is Mordekaiser.
His Ult is way to powerful. It should not deal initial damage, but in fact give people with life steal the chance to attack minions to heal up.

Or, keep it how it is, but decrease the power of it drastically. Too many times have I come in contact with a Mordekaiser with Half health, he just uses his ult and runs away with a free kill.

This SHOULD NOT happen.
Fix it.

SuperHotMumu

07-23-2011

Riot could you give us some feedback ? What's your interpretation ?

> 4% of trolls is too much imo, we need to work this.

Ahriman1

07-23-2011

Yes, I'm content with riot.

That said, there are still issues to be worked out that I'm waiting for, with the hope that they will be addressed quickly.

For example, AP ratios as a whole need to be looked at, and checked to see if they are actually where they should be. I'll cite nidalee and tryndamere heals for ratios that are completely out of line.

As well, I'd like to see some changes for sion. He's just so torn between caster and physical, and neither of them do much to benefit the other side of him; hybrid sion doesn't work so great, why have his abilities be split as such?

Champion balance is great right now, I have no problems there. I can't think of a champion that absolutely requires a nerf right now. Certainly some champions have an edge, but that's in the nature of metas and any game with a choice really.

I still want a support item that builds from catalyst. Innervating locket was removed for legitimate reasons, but it also took away my ability (or rather, desire) to rock the catalyst on my supports.

Hoggel

07-23-2011

overall riot is doing a good job, things im not happy with server instability but more so than that is hero's. The spread seems nice on the variety but I was hoping for more bug fixes or reworks like the kayle rework happening now. They release heros at an okay pace but I really feel they are missing very good possible heros from the league that dont just overwrite current heros but allow them to be played in new ways.

HonestJohn

07-23-2011

This is smurf account but I am long time player. Im dissatisfied for a number of reasons which you probably are already aware of.

1. There are patterns that should not exist in matchmaking. You go on a big winning streak, like 8 games, and then soon after comes the 8 game losing streak where your assigned team is playing at a -400 level elo than they should, you have no chance of winning. You have to go through those games just to get out of the stutter matchmaking is in.

2. Theres also stuff like you getting a duo with a 1600 and a 1100, and guess what the 1100 goes 1/18. Most people would like to disable that game ruining garbage. Matchmaking often feels random, you can see 2k elo players losing games on their smurfs at around 1000elo as an example. if the teams were even, the 2kelo smurf would win all his low level games, right?. You can tell different quality matchmaking (worse or better) after patches also. Matchmaking fail (having to play with massively lower skilled players like if you try playing at 2am on est) is probably the biggest single creator of rage and trolling. Trolls are often feeders who try and cover up how bad they are, by making it seem intentional.

3. Champion balance- pretty close to the worst and the most easily fixable. You know you make op champs and keep them that way while they sell like hot cakes (about every other released champion). That whole time you make normal games pretty miserable for most casual players like Twisted Fate is currently. It can take months and months for RIot to fix something obviously broken (like Irelia/Vlad was or Yorick is currently) or it can take a full year to buff underpowered champs like WW was before his last "remake". Its a bad company policy, but it probably pays like crazy.

4. New content. Nobody serious wanted bot games, but again you cater to the noob crowd who will ditch this game when something shiny and new is released. But you have seen that people have been clamoring for new maps, new game modes etc etc. You know you failed at this and its been shoved in your face alot. Your paying 2nd rate lip service to people while you wait to release stuff around dota 2 coming out to cover your a55. I get furious as soon as I read "the awesome is coming",or "you wont believe the awesome" "its coming soon". This company has a 0 trust factor with me.

5. Tribunal/Massive troll community. Great idea to work on but just needs adjustment. The community is disgusting as you know. So ofc filing false reports is probably ridiculously common. So I've seen alot of people who dont deserve bans, getting banned, and lots of all chat spamming *******s go all game spamming all chat with no consequences. I still see a fair amount of people with like 65 leaves who go afk or d/c...gg leaverbuster. Be nice is have an easier ignore system also, people accuse people of trolling when they dont like them and its recorded in chat- so its almost like you HAVE to argue with people who call you a troll, because you want that text in the chat for when people read the tribunal (you know the false reports are coming at that point).

6. Streamer community. I know a streamer named Grackis who got preferential treatment and got his ban reduced because he is friends with certain admins. Grackis also brags about how he can get admins to close posts on his stream. There was a 41 page posts about his comments with 350+ upvotes and it was cut from public viewing as soon as he said so. He often insults Riot on his stream, so I dont get it. Good ol boy syndrome? I also hear some streamers like Reginald use the n word...and Im sure its to appear more "gansta" but it reflects on Riot/sets an example for others. That thread is here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/user/login?redirect=%2Fboard%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1007874%26page%3D14%3Ft%3D1007874%26page%3D14

Xoltar

07-23-2011

Quote:
AgentX91:
A lot of comments about server instability / downtime...

We have some of the best people in the industry working on fixing issues. A lot of people involved (in all aspects of the company) pull 12+ hour days 7 days a week (some much longer) to make the experience better.

For those not familiar, the EU split was a big milestone for Riot - changes like that take a long time to implement. In general we want to get the right pieces in place before making big announcements.

One of the coolest things about working for Riot for me - I've never worked at a place where the company is so focused on its players. We're players too, not corporate suits, so we feel your frustrations and share your excitement about things to come.

Hang in there... I guarantee you that right now there are guys huddled around computers planning, coding, and building fixes. There's sooo much cool stuff coming your way. And with that, I'm back to work. :-)

I read this and I can only see one word looming up in my mind... soon. I'm pretty unhappy with the current state of the game. All the champions I love get nerfed in the name of balance.

I'd also like to think of myself as what I would call a "mapper", or someone who WAS looking forward to magma chamber. I know a lot of people coming from dota don't care about new maps and throw it in the communities face, but there are a lot of us our there who wanted magma chamber. While waiting for magma chamber we were told lots of stuff was coming SOON...

Co op vs AI.... I didn't want it, I didn't see anyone else posting that they wanted it.

Replay system hit up by another person who was a player. Yes I've heard the arguments that there are many talented people outside of riot capable, but to me that doesn't matter. Speed in execution and quality are both EQUALLY important. This isn't blizzard where you can postpone the release of a game indefinitely. Your game is out and you need to set deadlines for your projects and learn to meet them. Too often during patches either it goes wrong or you tell us it isn't ready.

Speaking of things not ready. How do you release a champ like Yorick and not know hes UP? What changes from when he comes from you guys saying he's great to a community of average level gamers able to tell right away something's wrong. Either you, riot, are just bad at your jobs, OR you were able to rush a champ and throw him out to the mercy of the player fan base. This is wrong. Just wrong. You tell us for magma chamber you can't release it because of bugs, and yes a map is different from a champ, but you've released many other things in the past that are faulty and it hasn't stopped you.

When you put magma chamber to the side I feel like you really ignored the one thing that myself and others were looking forward to. Magma chamber was my shining hope I looked forward to that more then a kid looking forward to Christmas and you let me down.

There are numerous other reasons I don't like the game, but I'd rather leave Magma Chamber as my main reason posted as to why I'm unhappy.

DJ Radix

07-23-2011

Quote:
AgentX91:
A lot of comments about server instability / downtime...

We have some of the best people in the industry working on fixing issues.

Oh? What... sort of people....?

Quote:
AgentX91:
We have top men in the industry working on fixing issues.

Who....?

Quote:
AgentX91:
Top. Men.

Quote:
AgentX91:
Top.

Quote:
AgentX91:
Men.

Dreampod

07-23-2011

Generally I'm fairly content with how things are going despite some problems with downtime and poor messaging of patch delays.

What I am profoundly unhappy with is the unexplained rise in champion IP prices and complete lack of Riot response to the issue over many months of this being repeatedly brought up. It is an expectation now that the majority of champions are going to be released at 6300 IP - the highest possible. Originally Riot indicated that champion price was based on a combination of difficulty to play and possession of interesting and innovative mechanics, however since then we've had Riot employees announce that extremely simple champions with recycled mechanics were going to be 6300 because Riot was 'excited' by them (personally I'd be upset if you were releasing ANY champions that you weren't excited about). We've had 3 (of 70+) champions reduced in price, a new price point added between the highest and second highest levels, and no champions released at 450 or 1350 despite a promise that we would receive champions at ALL price points.

Repeatedly Riot design and support employees have refused to comment on champion pricing because it isn't 'their area'. However no employee in Marketing has come to comment on it, despite repeated requests to them and requests of the design and support emloyees to pass the message along.

As customers of Riot we deserve to have a response to the unfulfilled promises we were given and apparent reversal of policy (without mention). IP prices have risen to the point that there is no way a player who doesn't spend their life playing LoL can reasonably expect to earn even half the champions being released through gameplay. Either release prices need to drop to include a wider variety of pricepoints or prices need to diminish on a fixed schedule (one tier after 3 months seems reasonable) along with an explanation of why Riot changed policy without comment rather than it just looking like an abusive, customer disregarding moneygrab.

Added details
I voted that I was somewhat satisfied with Riot at the moment since I'm going to continue to play. However I'm playing less, I am no longer evangelizing for Riot, and I'm not spending any further money on the game until Riot addresses this issue. Incidentally, I don't expect I will be happy with Riot's response if it ever comes but I will probably spend money on skins if I don't feel that Riot has sold out on the promise of being a 'gamers company' and pulling bait-and-switch bull**** on pricing and making it impossible for new players to be competitive without spending hundreds of dollars.

Typhnox

07-23-2011

I think they're beginning to learn from their mistakes.

Just wish they would admit to some of those mistakes at the same time though.

Rynhardt

07-23-2011

The game is good. The customer service is good. The character balancing needs some work. The server stability is my main problem.