Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hutch

07-23-2011

I am not satisfied, which is why I have quit League of Legends despite not even having another game to go to. I am highly dissatisfied by the fact that this game is focused around solo queue. Riot has FAILED to make this a team game and has not implemented actual teams with names nor put in clan support.

Creating a DotA game without making it team focused is just pathetic, because this game is definitely the best MOBA in existence. but they destroy their own game by focusing on the wrong aspect.

PeyoteJack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

I love the constant new champs and updates and even though the servers are a bit glitchy sometimes you can really tell that Riot works hard to do whats best for the players and their experience! Only issue is RP is a little overpriced imo, but thats why theres IP and I guess Riot did make this game free to play so i really have nothing to complain abbout. Overall, I <3 Riot

Botsai3

07-23-2011

The main aspects that disappoint me about Riot are the inconsistency and the marketing team.

For inconsistency the first examples that come to mind are some champion releases and balance changes. For example, Riot nerfed Mundo stating that they were starting to balance the twisted treeline, but now they are talking about buffing trynd, who I believe is a pretty good champion on TT, with the resource remake, aiming to make his heal more accessible in lane, which also goes against the battle of lane sustain they seem to have. Now, I understand that Trynd and Mundo are two completely different characters with completely different situations in lane, but it seems like Riot will change something (and in Mundo's case, something that was believed to be unnecessary) under one belief, and then do something else that contradicts that.

When I talking about champion releases, the best examples are J4 and Rumble. J4 was released during a time when Tanky DPS was believed to be a problem, when he was more or less the quintessence of everything that was wrong with this archetype (gap closers, hard cc, steroids, passive that helped do damage while building tanky). In rumble's case, when the champion spotlight first said that Rumble was going to be a tanky mage, there was a noticeable response on the forums asking why are they releasing another tanky damage dealer ( although this time it was a caster) when all the recent releases ( Renek, Irelia, J4) had all been problems. Riot responded with "Stopping the release of tanky dps won't fix the tanky dps problem. Changes in their core items and base values will". Now, while it is true that preventing these releases aren't the solution, these releases still did adhere to the problem. Even now, these two are some of the best tanky dps/casters in the game.

As for the marketing team, I'm pretty sure I don't need to go into much detail here. The changes in the IP system which seem to lower IP gains, some champions being on the free rotation several times within a month or two, the constant flow of 6300 and 4800 champions, every champ being 975 RP (I guess not the biggest issue), Tristana being on sale currently ( and I believe she was also on sale a month or two ago), and Leona still being 6300 after being delayed a week ( and some server issues, but that is another story) which seems to have been taken as a slap in the face.

Though I do still enjoy playing the game itself.

PenguinPaladin

07-23-2011

I'd like to add that it really makes me confident in Riot when they do things like put a ton of work into Kayle, a 450 IP champion. Ryze, too.

The IP price reductions were also pretty sweet, and it'd be cool if you did more of that. For instance, Miss Fortune is a pretty easy champion comparable to Ashe, and it'd be cool if you lowered her price to make her more accessible to newer players.

SC2Raptor

07-23-2011

I like how he had to bump several times on the first page, and now this has thousands and thousands of posts. Very cool stuff. I have been upset mainly with the server down time. I never/still don't understand the splitting of EU servers? I guess it makes it more stable/faster over there? I'm not sure, don't really care, I like playing with my NA brothers.

I don't like all the champs being 6300, but with the free 350 RP and the 5 bucks I've put into the game, I'm kind of happy with how free this game has been. 5 bucks for 55 champions that I have, and all the runes I ever wanted and more, I really can't complain. I'll probably put more money in, after all didn't anyone see the video that shows stats saying once someone buys in the store they're 50% more likely to again... I'm rambling..about nothing...b.ye..

Gabraxa

07-23-2011

I'd like to say I've been satisfied with Riot, but my faith in the company has just been steadily dropping. I've been playing for over a year now, about 1700 normal games and 150~ ranked with countless ARAM games inbetween. Things just seem to be getting stale, and new modes officially supported by Riot would be a huge step in keeping my interest in the game.

The only new mode that has even been hinted at was Co-op vs. AI, and that is really not any kind of a challenge at all. On the day of its release, my friends queued up with me and we decided to feed the bots up to 20-0 before we began to legitimately play to see if we could still beat them. We still ended the game in under 30 minutes successfully, and have not touched it since as there is really no point to it.

Some kind of ladder for things like ARAM using the tutorial map that's already in the game would be great! New modes just for fun (against competent players, not bots that love to tower dive) would go a long way in keeping me as a paying customer. As it stands right now, however, there's just nothing to keep my interest over DotA 2 (which, if the leaks have been at least a little accurate, is going to feature quite a few different game modes upon release.)

Even a new 5v5 map would be something, but we're kept in the dark for so long after hearing little bits of information. Why not implement something like a dev diary to push out little bits of information on the progress of new features on, say, a bi-weekly basis? It wouldn't have to be much- maybe a screenshot and just a bit of information about what progress had been made since the last entry. It would really go a long way towards keeping interest on future content.

I voted somewhat dissatisfied in the poll, and for the record I am a paying customer (~$100 so far) and I love the quality of the work that Riot does, especially for a new company on a free to play game. Just please give me a decent reason to stick around once DotA 2 comes around, because I can't currently justify it.

Philosoraptor

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
Keep voting, by the way. We do pay attention to stuff like this.
As in, you pay attention to the fanboy posts that come out favorably for you?

There are a few posts that bring up some very important negative points about Riot! that have been essentially ignored.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

I answered "Somewhat satisfied."

Reasoning: I stalk the devtracker religiously, and from what I've gleaned, they are trying their ****edest, and we have a great game as a result. They are heartfelt in their drive to improve the game, but are merely understaffed, and just digging through the applications occupies a large chunk of their time. I firmly believe if they had all their positions filled with competent folks and weren't looking to hire much more, they would be very productive and we'd have few problems. Their balance is going in the right direction and their champ designs are creative. The ticket time is down from about 10 days to about 1 hour.

However, many features are taking an inexcusably long time to come out with no end in sight and the last 4-6 weeks or so have been an absolute train wreck, what with the EU split fiasco, delayed patches, terribly UP release Yorick, lots o' unplanned downtime...and still no Shen buffs.

Okay I'm half kidding on that last one but still. Overall I feel like Riot is working to the best of their ability, so I can't be too demanding...but their performance has been somewhat upsetting. I can nary think of a single day recently where everything has gone smoothly.

Xarenthian

07-23-2011

for a free game id say B+ some server issues kinda keep that from being the A. but still you guys jump on the issue almost as quick and sometimes it takes longer to fix but atleast you guys dont stop till you get it back up thanks riot

Razlaghul

07-23-2011

I am having a lot of fun with the game even after playing for a year. I would like to see some changes(balancing issues and new items) and updates on project shiny and I would kill for some new maps. Not flailing and screaming about new maps but having new ones would be amazing.

Some cool stuff would be ways to reward good players along with the current ways to punish griefers with improvements to the tribunal system. Possibly a way to punish people who report for invalid reasons. Some sort of reward system outside of IP because it is easy enough to get as is but would reward good players. Possibly introducing avenues that would increase a player with good behavior's in game stats(minimal). This might be a very bold way to confront behavior but I think it could work. If a person with bad behavior constantly lost to players with good behavior, that bad player would get very discouraged from continuing their attitude. Imagine if that troll kept getting stomped, they would hate it. Then also to take this further and to avoid good or neutral players from getting stuck on teams with bad players, the match making system would put trolls and grievers in the same team and the neutral and good players on the same team. Just an idea though