Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fac3r0ll

07-23-2011

what i love about riot is that they are willing to improve constantly. Not only in champion balancing but also in providing the best service possible, like splitting the EU server into two. I would be even more satisfied though if they would just stop creating champions for a while after the monkey king and just concentrate on balancing. every new champion thats added to the league of legends is a disaster for balancing, every new champion shifts evrything arround, that somewhat keeps the game fresh but is pretty horrible for a high competetive communite (not saying i play on a high lvl personaly). i guesse its a bad buisiness dicision to stop creating champions because of obvious profit reasons so that will unfortunatly not happen i guesse. What i?d also love is beeing able to play at my 20 ping on the EU server (i live in europe) every game and not like it is right now where you have to play at 150 ping evry second game (no the eu server split changed nothing in that regard). but all in all, i like riot alot and the fact that they are not ALL about the money deserves respect in my mind.

Reppuken

07-23-2011

I've been on since beta and posted dissatisfied, because of the ridiculous champion IP/RP prices, server instability, damaged gameplay due to ghost flash and ignite, and lack of diverse new champions. (tanky dps with dash and cc)

I would have rated it much higher in the past but I feel like the game has taken several steps back for the listed reasons.

Thessalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

I am very happy, yes. I think they give the game all attention it deserves and they always try to keep balance in check, which is kind of hard with new heroes coming out all the time.

Anyway, I am more happy with Riot than I am with Blizzard (I also play WoW).

Greenwheel

07-23-2011

somewhat satisfied....just need some new content other than new characters to be satisfied...I have been a gamer a loooooong time and i truly love this game but overall it needs a bit of love. I hope the reds stay involved a lot too its super key in keeping everyone interested

please work on server stability too....

iMelon

07-23-2011

I voted for satisfied.

The fact of the matter is, downtimes do exist and not everything happens according to plan. That being said, I cannot simply sit here and write blatant lies that Riot is sitting down and doing nothing.

After all, I haven't payed a single cent towards this game, yet I still enjoy and am treated like I am a playing customer.

In the end, this game exists. I am satisfied.

Moridin63

07-23-2011

Having them keep track of bug reports and issues a bit better would be nice, and of course server instability is an issue, but I think overall riot is doing a fairly good job as a game company with a MASSIVE player base, keep up the good work folks.

Edit: Due to some issues I am somewhat dissatisfied, but I do understand the issues riot is faced with.

Elrilok

07-23-2011

They're a lot better then a lot of companies, but I am in general becoming dissatisfied with a lot of their new decisions, and making Leona 6300 just sorta felt like a kick in the balls to me...

DrakenViator

07-23-2011

I picked 'troll the statistics' because it made me laugh...

That said I also picked it, because I am neither satisfied, nor dissatisfied with Riot at this point.

I love this game and the fact that many of my friends play, all whom now live out of state, including my brother. League of Legends has proven to be a way for us to come together and game as friends despite the geographical distances, and complications of being spread out literally from coast to coast. I love the community involvement that Riot puts into the forums, as well as the jovial nature of most Reds who enjoy to joke around and have fun in general.

I like the added features that Riot has added in the last few months, with Tribunal, Leave Buster, mastery pages, etc. I also enjoy many of the new game mechanics added by new character such as Orianna, and my first 'love' of this game Lux. l like the creative elements of this game as well as the replay, as each new game is never predictable.

I completed my undergrad with a degree in Digital Animation and Game Design, so I understand why Riot is slow in adding new content (maps / 'project shiny') I've built small maps for older RTS games, and played with editors for a few FPS titles as well. Ultimately, trying to create balanced maps are a real challenge multi-player games. I've payed around with unit balancing by making minor mods to RTS games. I understand how difficult it is to create a balanced anything. (And lets face it the more you add to a game the more difficult it is to balance things.) I studied basic network infrastructure, so I understand the limitations on hardware, and software, so I understand the limits that Riot has under their current architecture.

Things that need some work...

First a little more about me, I worked retail for seven years while I took time off from school, and when I was working on my undergrad. I worked full time for those seven years, and when I was in school I was a full time student on top of being a full time customer service rep (CSR). I worked one on one with customers, I handled phone calls, and from time to time I even got stuck on a front register. It wasn't the greatest job but the payed the bills if only barely. I was yelled at for things that were not my fault, I was cursed out for telling the truth, and I had products thrown and me because I told a customer 'no' when instructed to do so by my boss. So what is the point of me telling you all of this? Well because I view all of these problems that I had, being yelled at, having things thrown at me, etc as problems of entitlement. When people think that you are only there as a CSR to get down on your knees and bow to them as customers it is one of the worst feelings one can have. When people look at you like you are nothing but trash, because you as a CSR are below them, when people feel they are entitled to whatever they want because they are the customer, it sucks.

Long paragraph aside, the culture of entitlements needs to be changed. The 'network is down GIVE ME STUFF NOW!!!!' bull that plagues this joke of a forum needs to be denounced and in many cases removed or moderated into nonexistence. But what also needs to be fixed is Riot's culture of customer service.

Being a CSR for as long as I was, I can sympathize with Riot in much of what they have to endure. But working one on one like I did, I learned that there are some customers who you can joke with and have a good time, and others who only want 'yes sir, no sir' (or ma'am as the case may be). As said above Riot is great at the jokes and having fun part, but they are seriously lacking in the professional side of things. When one has to go to twitter to learn that a patch was delayed, because no one at Riot HQ was willing to post an announcement... THAT for me is a perfect example of a failure in customer service as well as public relations 101. It would be one thing if it was an official Riot announcement twitter feed and somehow linked to the forums, it is another when it is a personal/employee feed that mixes work and real life.

Now I will give credit to Riot in that the new use of the 'Announcement Banner' at the top of the forum pages has been helpful this past month, as well as numerous Red posts commenting that there are plans in the works for improving communications with players, but I still feel that this is one of the weakest parts for Riot in general, dealing with customer service. Yes there will always be rage no matter what you do, someone will always be unhappy. Regrettably those who are unhappy are more likely to comment then those who are content.

In the end Riot has done a lot these past few months that overall help out the game. League of Legends as a whole is a great title, balancing issues aside, but even Riot admits it and is working towards fixing these issues. Entitlement issues from the community really drag down the user experience, and as such I have begun to detest these forums, but like pinking quarters into a slot machine, every so often you get a thread that is a 'winner,' so I keep coming back, that said better forum moderation would go a long way towards helping increase the odds of a winner. What would also help with the both the entitlement issues as well as clean up the forums would be better customer service, or better stated 'public relations' by Riot needs to continue to improve.

tl;dr:
Great - Fun to play with friends, Red's who like having fun
Good - Lots of cool champs, New game mechanics, Addition of Leave Buster, Tribunal, Mastery Pages, etc.
Neutral - Delays in new maps, Network/Server Congestion
Not so good - Meaningful Communication From Riot, Forum Mods
Flat out Horrible - Trolls, Entitlement Issues

2xHero

07-23-2011

Somewhat dissatisfied. Although I have been playing since beta, I seem to play LoL a lot less than "average" players do. I really feel neglected as a long-time player that doesn't have the time to play 3 hours a day.

Riot pretty much doesn't give away free stuff any more. Double IP weekends, Rune pages, IP boosts, etc. were all really fun stuff to get. A couple of times, we got compensation for server downtime, but that doesn't happen anymore because EU has it a lot worse than NA.

Sure, there is the Season 1 Kayle skin that will be given away, but I already bought the retail collectors pack when LoL was a very new game - I already have a special Kayle skin.

It also seems that Riot has put a huge emphasis on welcoming new players. This isn't bad, but it would be nice if older players got stuff, too. Right now, I feel like I'm getting nothing. Low level summoners get bonus IP now, but older players don't get anything, despite not having that benefit. Champion rotations usually contain a load of low-price, old champions that older players already own. It would be nice the the champion rotation size was increased that that more new champions could be in the rotation. When Riot lowered the prices on three champions, it was on three champions that were already in the collector pack that I already bought. It's been three months, but Riot hasn't lowered champion prices since. Co-Op vs. AI is really great for new players, but offers very little to older, more experienced players.

On top of that, new champions all cost so much. I would have absolutely no problem with every champion being released at 6300 IP if champion RP prices were much lower (about $1 per 1300 IP) and champion IP prices were routinely lowered over time. Naturally, champion RP prices should be adjusted to match lowered IP prices. I don't have a problem spending money on this game, but I don't feel that I get my money's worth at the moment, so I stopped spending money.

CodeBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

I'm very satisfied with Riot. A lot of people don't understand how time consuming and difficult it can be to get things right, and it's **** near impossible to please the consumers.

The game is free to play. And not that pseudo-free-to-play where you basically have to buy things to not be at a disadvantage; you really never have to buy RP if you choose not to. And you'll be fine.

Keeping that in mind, there is fantastic service to the community (I very rarely ever see employees posting on the forums of a game, and Riot employees will even play games with us on occasion), new content released every few weeks, and when something does inevitably go wrong they try to make it up to us in some way.

Riot doesn't deserve all the **** they get from this community. They're by far the best company I've ever played a game by. People just need to realize that their job isn't easy.