Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C1osed

07-23-2011

Some serious balancing problems and this whole double cast bug still not being fixed after quite some time has left me with a somewhat sour taste in my mouth. Server down times have not aided their cause either.

LethalPeace

07-23-2011

I would rate my satisfaction with Riot and its product a 3.5/5 (1-highest;5-least).

- The platform/server stability as mentioned by many is definitely a key pain to me.
The instability issue has occurred so many times in the past. By this time, the actions for resolution should have been proactive rather than reactive. Prepare cheat sheets, quickies whatever it might take to proactively avert inconvenience or atleast to minimise the post event damage.

- Heroes with redundant mechanics.
Looks like there is a constant pool of mechanics/spells, just randomly pull out 4 abilities and make a champ! I believed that LoL didnt have such engine limitations that they are forced to reuse abilities. Feel free to experiment.

- Testing of (new) content
Yes am talking especially Yorick, I have a feeling not enough testing is done for new content and any other contents for patch release. Again, this is not a single scenario, it has happened in the past with Leblanc and Lee sin, The team responsible for this should have already learnt the lesson and become proactive. There were typos in abilities info conflicting with release note information, I can go on. In the end Riot should pay more attention to QA and testing, probably involve non-rioters for fresh eyes. I can wait to play better content rather than a glitched one.

- Effective ROI
There are so many old champs that needs attention, to bring them up in par with the new champs. Instead of creating new champs here and there, i would like to see every champ in par and viable(yes i cant agree that every champ is balanced and in par, esp Old vs New). Balance the game first.
Releasing new content frequently might meet the immediate ROI but will please only short term goals, but will fail in the long term......IMHO.

- Most of the issues are repetitive and can be avoided if there is much attention given inside the process optimization of things

These are some points that come immediately in mind.

As a stakeholder with Riot I am proud to say that I have evolved and grown with the organisation and into the MOBA genre of gaming.
I see a lot of potential with the product and looking forward.

I hope my lengthy post made some sense, please let me know your thoughts/disapprovals on this.

Rhiow

07-23-2011

Overall I'm satisfied, though I do have to say that I find it mind boggling that the best case scenario for patches are 8-10 hours of downtime. Many days I make plans to play with a friend or two in the evenings, but on Patch Days we just plan on doing something else, even though our first game wouldn't start until 6 or 7 hours after the downtime was scheduled to end.

On the other end I'll compliment Riot on having the best F2P system I've experienced. I've tried a few F2P MMO's and they all seem to live around the concept that you can play the game but your character can only be good if you spend money and many are set up so that you feel obligated to spend way more a month on their free game than one might spend on WoW. Here... I do feel rune and champion costs could be toned down a little, but playing LoL for free is a lot more doable than other F2P's.

Budo

07-23-2011

-Replace the PVP.net client, it's horrible.

-Come out with balance changes quicker. It?s easy to pay attention to high elo players and nerf numbers when it?s possible.

-Get players on the forums more. There are already plenty, but it would be cool to have the same kind of in game advertising that you had for dreamhack to get some forum activity. ?Click here now to watch the Riot team answer important questions about the upcoming changes!?

Hahke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

Riot Games, I've played your game since Closed Beta. To be specific, I've played since late July or early August 2009. From the very moment the game launched I've supported you with Riot Points and with numerous threads. I love you guys for the company that you are and truly hope one day I can be lucky enough, when I've finished college, to join Riot or a company as great as it. The Lore and world behind Runeterra seems so fresh.. so ripe to be used for so many different stories. Not to mention tons that could be outside of a League of Legends

I've also been disappointed with some of the champions, skin releases, features, and other things that you have been promising for long amounts of time but you have never fixed or released yet.

Good examples of all three of these?
Heimerdinger has been nerfed since last August. Heimerdinger is commonly seen as a champion that could 'break' this game if you make him too powerful. I understand that completely. I also know that Turrets are a huge part of his gameplay.

Do you really want to make this champion better?

I've read recent posts saying you've started working on him finally after about a year of him being nerfed (I know there was that small 'remake' that only really ended up making his turret AI worse.) You can KEEP the turrets how they are if you make sure his ultimate will update on new turrets that he places. Past that, you don't have to do a thing to them other than make sure their gosh darn AI actually works right. His turrets feel awful right now. My turrets have failed to protect me or attack other champions so many times that it's caused me to die as well. This HAS to be a priority with him.

ALSO, if you want his grenade-skill shot to really FEEL good, make it do more damage when you land the direct hits. His rockets could probably be updated with shorter cooldown for every rank you get and a minor AP increase, perhaps he gets a movement speed increase after using them so he has some type of escape or chase other than having to throw down a turret that won't even update with his current ultimate.

For skins? You have released numerous Legendary Skins that have not lived up to the standards of your legendary skin 'standards'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris
? Texture changes
? Model changes

And at least one of the following additional features:
? Some New Animations
? Some New VO
? Some New Effects
Currently: Ice Taboggan Corki, Red Baron Corki, Magnificent Twisted Fate, and Annie in Wonderland do not live up to these standards. Alien Invader Heimerdinger, Lion Dance Kogmaw, and Firefighter Tristana BARELY do.

It should be a PRIORITY to update these skins. It shouldn't be on the backlog. You have so many talented animators, artists, and so much more at Riot and when I've been playing the game before at friend's house, my own house, and at LAN's I'm constantly being told how impressed they are of these members of your team and what they're capable of on some of the other legendary skins and non-legendary skins that look wonderful. People have PAID for those skins before and they do not live up to the standards of a legendary skin. I know you already have the money of the people who have bought those skins, but if you want to create a customer loyalty build-up you CAN'T leave those skins with how they are.

Finally, and I'm sure you're tired about hearing it brought up, new features. I understand how your new approach with features is to put people in the dark about it. It's functional. There's no way you can end up losing if the release date is pushed back or even moved forward. But, there is a major problem with this. It does nothing but frustrate ignorant members of the community that have not heard of these things. In fact, it does nothing but frustrate members of the community who heard ages ago they were coming out 'soon'. Please... either make announcements or sticky posts about the topics that are posted a trillion times a day about features. You're adding forum staff now and it should be doable right?

Past that, as *** was on sale for 10$ this past week. I purchased the game. I didn't play it very much or long, as my heart still truly lies with League of Legends. All of the features outside the actual game have been amazing. I can only imagine how successful League of Legends will be when you're finally able to add these features. Replay Mode, all of the game modes, even the champion select feel so much better than league of legends right now. Update these things Riot. When you finally get these features out, you're going to be a JUGGERNAUT in the Dota style-game universe.

This is just my two cents. Sorry for the rant. Love you guys at Riot a lot and hope you've read. My thoughts are genuine and come after two long years of playing this game now.

Alpengeist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

I used to be very satisfied, but the server downtime really cut me. If they fix that, which it sounds like they are going to, I'll love them like always. Whenever I am dissatisfied with them, they always come through with something, and I know this is no different.

In the long run I am very satisfied with Riot, making such a quality game free is really nice (I have bought RP for skins). Certain times I am not satisfied, such as now, but overall, yes, I am satisfied. After all, no one can be perfect.

sos32291

07-23-2011

Now I'm sure that dozens of post have said this same thing, but I feel the lack of new features is slowly wearing down my enjoyment of LoL. I went from playing a few games a day to maybe a game or two a week. The new champions don't excite me (especially seeing their price points), and what I really want to something brand new to the game. I know how difficult creating and balancing a new map must be, but honestly it is time to revive Magma Chamber and release some features. However, what really irks me the wrong way is that we are kept in the dark about everything. Why were updates on Shiny promised four months ago (I'm sure the thread will be re-necroed very soon), yet NOTHING has been released about it? I know that "progress" is being made, but I want to see it. I really like Riot as a company, and I feel that you guys are trying as hard as you possibly can. I know server instability is a HUGE issue, and obviously your priority, but the community has been clamoring for over a year now for the release of new features. I hope a Riot employee is actually reading these posts and not thinking "Just wait, soon they will see". We have had enough of "soon". We want updates now, and there is not harm in telling us what is going on. If *** or DoTA copy a feature, so be it, it just shows their lack of creativity.

Projava

07-23-2011

I am satisfied by everything except
- showing off stuff to the community, then not releasing it soon, (EX Magma chamber, Project shiny, spectator mode)
-Balancing team can't seem to get act together, One weak, champ A is overpowered and Champ B is balanced, but thew community is crying about him being underpowered, Champ c is underpowered. Next week, cham a is underpowered, B is over powered, and C is still underpowered
-All new champs are 6300, make it feel impossible to save up for, when i hear on the forums that you said you wouldn't do this.
-server downtime

Halfasock

07-23-2011

Still a young company dealing with insane growth, give them a break

Diamondragan

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartlis View Post
I'd give them a C-: There's a lot to like, but there is too much overbuffing/overnerfing; the server issues are becoming harder to forgive and the current pricing levels aren't really sustainable.
I'll go ahead and ninja this post. I feel this way. I took the liberty of fixing grammar up a bit, too.

Balance first. I don't care how you find it, but balance the game. I'm really looking forward to the BFF sword that puts AD casters in line with AP casters instead of forcing them to be Tank Bruisers/Fighters or DPS champions.

My vote was for the not satisfied. Poppy's ultimate shouldn't give turret immunity for that duration being so long, and there's not one good reason why she should have it. Free kills, sponsored by Riot Games Ltd./Inc.