Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matrix118

07-22-2011

I voted quite dissatisfied for the following:

- Evelynn nerf: The invisible stun was all she had. Now that it is a slow she has been made completely worthless. (had to say it, really brought me down)

- This whole "Red buff" scenario is ridiculous. In my opinion the jungle is fine and don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

- Server instability: need I say more?

- 6300 IP champions: that is all I have been seeing recently (take out the occasional 4800's) I have bought plenty of champions with RP multiple times, but I do not want to feel like I HAVE to because of the massive IP price.

- Two maps: I was fine with just two maps when I first started out, but after a few months I got tired of seeing the same two settings over and over again.

- Lack of poll; way to ask public before any drastic game changes (Aside from forum polls, I am talking about a Home Screen Poll so as to attract attention to the entire player community)

- Buffs and nerfs almost every patch to champions that don't even need it (though some do). yes I understand that it takes a few trail and error sessions to get it just right but doesn't riot have the technology (aka 10 computers for a company trial game) to test to see if they have 'broken' a champion?

Some positives I was able to think of:

- Great response to the public via forums.

- The rate at which Riot has been pumping out champions assures that gameplay will not get monotonous. Although a slow down on production would be nice so that players could get used to the new champion before releasing a new one.

Yes, there are alot of negatives, but that is just my opinion. I will not be buying RP from here on out because I can kind of see this game dieing soon. I hate to say that but this game is a shadow of what it used to be and not even close to the great thing that it can become. This game has so much potential but I don't see it performing to it at all.

Cuix

07-22-2011

Somewhat satisfied.

I've had tons and tons of fun, I love playing around with builds and strategies, the Riot staff is friendly and approachable, balancing is getting better, and the community seems to be improving (albeit rather slowly).

However, the tanky DPS meta is too strong and seems to be encouraged by more such champions being released, 6300 pricing is on every champion regardless of appropriateness, and Riot still needs to get better about coming out and saying, "Hey guys, here's what's up. We like this, we're doing that, we're working on fixing/getting rid of the other, and so on."

Teodorooo

07-22-2011

Things that go BUMP in the night.

Master Dim Sum

07-22-2011

I'm actually in between somewhat satisfied and somewhat dissatisfied. Either way as a paying customer, that's probably not a good thing for Riot.

What I am satisfied with:
-New champions - The concepts, the art, the creativity, the timeliness (not so much release date, but how often they are being released) are all quite good.
-The game - It's great, i love it. I cant remember the last game I spent this many hours playing and still playing trying to get better.
-Customer Support - They make a good attempt to post in a lot of the forums, and that speaks a lot about a company. Usually forums are full of trolls, but they don't ignore the forums, and that speaks a lot about Riot.
-Balance - Game has some broken stuff here and there, but at least they are constantly trying to find balance.
-Prices - Game itself is free, the RP prices are fair. Things that actually help your game can ONLY be bought with IP, which is great. Means rich people (or at least people with decent jobs) can't just takeover this game..lol but then again maybe that'd be better for me lol.
-Tribunal - great concept, it shows players that things are actually being looked at and done when there are reports. And I think it also has made a positive impact on in game playing/attitude at least at the higher level games for the same reason.

What I am dissatisfied with:
-Servers- I know you can't help DDOS attacks, but the reliability on the servers is just not as much as I'd expect. I know its not an easy fix, and it can't be up 100% of the time. But I expect higher reliability out of it, because as of now it's easily down 10 hours a month due to random bugs and etc. and that doesn't even include path updates.
-Balance - I appreciate the constant attempt to balance the game. But I also feel like it's too much at one time. When 10-20 champions at a time are constantly getting nerf'd and buff'd to "balance" the game. Players themselves are also trying to constantly shift playstyles/focus trying to learn the new balance that it's almost counter productive.
-Name change price - it's a little steep at almost $10. Maybe $5 would be more reasonable.
-Riot Store - Prices for individual champs/skins/etc on a individual basis are fair. However, for those of us who do have a little more disposable income. It'd be nice if there were larger bundles available for sale and/or larger RP Point purchases (with appropriate bonus obviously) to go with it. i.e. Right now if you buy the two champion bundles for $50-60 you get 40 champions, some runes, and 2 skins. It'd be nice if they had some other things like Unlock all (current) champions for $100 or maybe $30 unlock 5 champions of your choice or 4-5 skins of your choice. Basically just more bonus for those of us who are willing to make bigger RP purchases in a single transaction. win-win for customer and Riot. More money for Riot in a single transaction, more bang for your buck for the customer.
- A way to protect the actual new players from facing smurfs/trolls at lower levels - I'll admit I've smurf'd on occasion for IP win boosts and to learn new champions. It's ungodly what some of the true new players have to deal with in their initial 10-20 games before they really start playing with people their actual level. If anything it's the verbal harassment, and sadly reporting will not do anything since most of the abusing players are just on troll accounts.

Anyway that's my overall feel on it. Riot is not terrible, otherwise I'd stop playing, but there is plenty of room for improvement without nitpicking. I look forward to the future as more of these things get solved/answered.

Strikerwolf

07-22-2011

Bump for this thread.

Matrix118

07-22-2011

Bumping for OP (enjoying reading this thread)

Meowzor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-22-2011

Ever since dream hack its seems like tons of fail. before dream hacked everything was running so much better.

Metaspy

07-22-2011

I voted somewhat dissatisfied.
First and foremost, due to the instability of their servers (despite their constantly spouting of "its our #1 priority")
Secondly, their attempts at "balance" are laughable at best. Champs that are UP get buffed then over nerfed.

PenguinPaladin

07-22-2011

I'd have to go with somewhat satisfied, though I probably should have said "satisfied" I interpreted that to mean "fully satisfied". And I'm close to that but not quite there.

Your guys' marketing team bugs me the most. I basically adore every other part of the company, but every new champion being 975 RP and 4800/6300, and nearly every new skin being 975 is just crappy.

I love the microtransaction model you guys have going, where I spend as much money as I feel like you guys deserve for the enjoyment you give me. But it's getting to the point where I feel like I'm not getting as much for the money I put in, so instead of putting in an amount of money that I'm completely comfortable with, I'm putting a little more in and feeling slightly uncomfortable when I do it.

I don't think that's what you guys want. I mean, if you want short term success then go for it, but if I'm feeling a little more uneasy every time I buy RP then I'm not going to be a customer for as long as I could be.

Krebstar

07-22-2011

I'm pretty satisfied, but believe the game can always get better.

Pros: I love the innovation in the game, whether it be a completely new champ mechanic (like Orianna's ball), map mechanic (upcoming stealth and jungle remakes), or item viability (introduction of tenacity items, increased viability of hybrid builds). I also enjoy the dynamic balance of the game and the rapport Riot keeps with the players on the matter. Lastly, the game remains fun to play, even when Lanedyr can shrug off 3 people and continue farming a lane, lol.

Suggestions:
- Rebalance runes - Crit damage runes are always outdone by armor penetration runes, for example.
- Fix MR scaling - Why do melees get this, but not tanks?
- Hybridize more formulae - Instead of the AD *or* AP scaling on skills/tower dmg, make it additive.
- Emphasize itemization - Increase the influence of build on a character. Don't give tanks good base damage on skills, nerf trinity force (damage proc, from a utility item, independent of other gear, root of the tanky dps problem), offer larger rewards for building (ap scalings on casters, steroids on carry).
- Encourage counterplay - Make knockup counterable, buff champions with larger amounts of counterplay (channel spells, body-centered spells, blockable skillshots - these champs are rarely seen in tourneys), possibly remove flash and a majority of gap closers (only counter to these are themselves)
-More, more, more! - Obviously more maps and modes, but ALSO more ban slots (stay proportional to champion pool size) and more viable champs (significantly buff the larger amount of up champs as opposed to micronerfing the op ones - 5s longer ashe ult at lvl 3 while Galio gets played less than postnerf Eve?)

Hope this helps!