Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xandune808

07-22-2011

Slightly dissatisfied. Reasons:

1) No new maps. There really should be new maps or at least "flavors" of maps. I generated scores of ideas w/ friends who play LOL. If we can do it, Riot can.

2) Constant server problems. Honestly, recently the servers have been less than optimal. Lots of downtime. Lots of bugs. No compensation for lost time.

3) Uncreative new champion abilities. Don't get me wrong, the new champions have been fun to play and that's the most important part, but they should be more creative. ...like make a champion that can put brush on the map or something... anything that we haven't seen before.

4) RP "change" is really frustrating. We should be able to buy RP on a point basis b/c honestly, 20RP is useless. I would spend more money to buy a skin and get rid of the change, so that's incentive to make this feature.

5) Often there are UI issues. Summoner profiles not refreshing. People dropping in premades even though it said they accepted. Champion select issues. Masteries page issues (usually only the first page). Inability to see loses except on victory/defeat screen. Inability to see normal game elo score.

6) Toxic gameplay champs need to be remade so they don't reduce fun. Vlad, for instance, is completely unfun to lane against, unless you have a counter to him. In blind pick, countering is based on luck. IMO, champions that need specific counters should be remade. I'm not saying Vlad is OP, but he just makes the game less fun and fun is the reason we play LOL.

PrometheanRage

07-22-2011

I am satisfied - this game is a perfect fit into my schedule, matches my budget, and is immensely fun (although sometimes frustrating ). I love the champs, the lore, and the gameplay. Everything goes at a good pace for me - fast enough to be exciting, but not so fast my poor twitch reflexes are a major handicap.

Are there issues? Of course there - find me a game that doesn't have some kind of issue. Nevertheless, I appreciate the work that Riot has done and continues to do.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

Champion prices have risen, IP rewards have lowered, and yet Rune prices remain absurdly high.

If this issue was even ADDRESSED by Riot at some point it'd be wonderful - we get the good Reds who post and can tell us they're not the right person to answer the question, but that's it! Never once has Riot tried to explain themselves or interact with the community. And I doubt it will ever happen, because Riot (like any compnay) has profits first and foremost in their mind.

It sucks because they claim that the player experience is their #1 priority, but if it was, the pricing system would never have been set up like it is.

Everything else that Riot does poorly pales in comparison to this. It keeps new players from joining, it constantly nags continuing players as to whether or not playing is still worth it, and it divides the community.

The number 2 biggest problem with Riot I think is the lack of creativity in driving new champion creation and balance. Xypherous should be the head of champion design, not Morello. That'd help the game immensely.

banhands

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

I am, for the most part, pleased with Riot and what they have done with this game. Riot's best quality is their communication with the community and their dedication to try and make this game fun for everyone. I enjoy seeing how active the employees are on the forums, the live streams they have going, and the continuous sales they have on skins and champions. Although the balance changes haven't always been the best, I trust that Riot will work to improve on this!

Here are a few things I would like to see happen:

- I'm okay with Riot making new champions and pricing them at 4800/6300 IP, so long as they start reducing the IP prices on older champions with higher prices (Ex. Anivia, Blitzcrank, Teemo, etc)
- If Riot doesn't do IP drops on champions, then IP sales would be nice too.
- I would like to see a normal draft pick mode, as blind pick isn't exactly the best mode to play in.
- I liked when they showed off the new upcoming champions and features at E3. I hope they continue to keep the community in the loop as far as upcoming features/champions goes.
- Add more skins to champions that don't have to many (Taric, Janna, Swain, Maokai, Udyr, etc.)
- Less delays on patches and content.

Hope that feedback helps!

Brochachos

07-22-2011

41% are unhappy with the company's perfmance. If we take out the 4% of trolls and disperse it that's 43% between the bottom 2 answers. Somewhat satisfied is leaps and bounds ahead of others. If I were riot having almost 50% of my playerbase unhappy would cause me to change my operation.

If only they gave a **** :-)

Gaeb

07-22-2011

I'm satisfied.

Riot is not exceeding my expectations - I expect them to have trouble with stability given the exponential growth of the game, I expect balance to always be hard, I expect them not to be able to satisfy 100% of the (somewhat rabid and shortsighted) playerbase.

Riot is not disappointing me. They're better at communicating than any game company I've experienced, they have put out a quality product with a fantastic business model and shown they are *really* passionate about their work, and I view their pricing as reasonable - especially for their target audience.

Long story short - no, they're not the most amazing thing EVER IN HISTORY OF ALL TIME EVER (which is what it takes to satisfy 100% of the somewhat rabid and shortsighted playerbase) .... but they're so much better than most gaming companies I've experienced, both in product and in playerbase interaction.

Ed: Apparently I'm downvoted for being satisfied? lmao. So sorry that I don't share your opinion of Riot?

Esaru

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cforler898 View Post
41% are unhappy with the company's perfmance. If we take out the 4% of trolls and disperse it that's 43% between the bottom 2 answers. Somewhat satisfied is leaps and bounds ahead of others. If I were riot having almost 50% of my playerbase unhappy would cause me to change my operation.

If only they gave a **** :-)
I hope you realize how high 45% is when it comes to dissatisfied customers :\

HayApples

07-22-2011

Somewhat satisfied.

Enjoy the engine, enjoy the business model, the skins, the models, artwork, etc.

I find some of their design and balance situations rather dubious though. Mainly it boils down to the enjoyability of normal mode, which is broadly the most played piece of the game. Many times the outcome of a game boils down to rather dubious and arbitrary factors. For example, matchmaking gave one side all level 30's against sub-30's trying to learn new characters. 1000 win accounts vs. teams who don't have 1000 wins combined.

Or supposed there's a leaver during the initial loading screen... can't the game be smart enough to abort that game or find a replacement? Can't the shorthanded team get SOME compensation rather than a 99% guaranteed chance of a game loss.

Another way this plays out is at character selection if one team picks rock to the other team's paper. No ability to counter pick against them. Limited ability to counter-itemize due to wholly generic and uninteresting item store. "Play ranked only" is not a valid solution, especially if you want to play with sub-30 teammates.

It boils down to this: if you're going to force people into a 30-60 minute game experience, its needs to be an effing QUALITY experience, not a bloodbath or a waste of time. Yes, someone is always going to lose and be unsatisfied with that, but a loss can be enjoyable with the right tools and environment.

Gaeb

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaru View Post
I hope you realize how high 45% is when it comes to dissatisfied customers :\
In something as subjective as a video game?

"OMG OP YI CAN"T SLOW"

Esaru

07-22-2011

I'm pretty dissatisfied. My main beef is the lack of features, and the glacial pace that they're being released. I mean, we still don't even have spectator mode yet (among many, many other things). The acceptable time frame for these features is LONG past.