Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Bssss Alot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

bump

Locke Cole

07-22-2011

One other thing I'd like to throw out. We've gotten a lot of nasty surprises as of late (server issues, delays, etc.), it would be nice if they started throwing some good ones our way for once.

IS1c61f1cee5bba2307f448

07-22-2011

I'm satisfied with the game, but slightly dissatisfied with Riot only because I'm dying for these updates like Magma/Shiny.

Blumebear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

Only said partially satisfied because I feel we don't get enough info from rioters. Like it sucks enough that we haven't gotten anything new (features/shiny/maps/replays/etc), especially when I remember hearing about these things coming in 2009... Honestly, for me the problem is less about us not getting these new things, and more about just being kept in the dark about them so much. A little more info about what's to be expected, and maybe even slightly harder ETAs (rather than "soon" or "sometime this year" or "not for a while").

Pyrogfx

07-22-2011

Server stuff happens, design mistakes happen... What gets me "wtf?" is posts stuff like http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post11813781 , specially the part about excess bonus effects & utility/mobility (in tanky dps in particular) and then on the same day...

Quote:
Stone Skin (Passive): Wukong's armor and magic resistance are increased for each nearby enemy champion. - Bonus effect, check. Also a "free gold passive", which I think we had established was not desirable, with little gameplay on top of that.

Crushing Blow: Wukong swings his mighty staff with incredible speed, crushing his opponent. This attack deals additional physical damage and reduces the enemy's Armor for a short duration. - Bonus effect, check. Very similar to the Jarvan example used in the post Morello responded too.

Decoy: Wukong utilizes his cleverness to trick his foes. He becomes stealthed for 1.5 seconds and leaves an uncontrollable decoy behind that will deal Magic Damage to enemies near it after 1.5 seconds. - Utility, check. Also little gameplay since it's uncontrollable. Plus stealth on a melee dps (will likely be built trinity+tanky as usual... we'll see how that goes)

Nimbus Strike: Wukong dashes on a cloud toward a target enemy and sends out images to attack up to 2 additional enemies near his target, dealing physical damage to each enemy struck. - Again, mobility/utiliy. Most of the problematic melee DPS also had a gap closer.

Cyclone (Ultimate): Wukong's staff grows outward and he spins it around, dealing damage and knocking up enemies. Wukong gains movement speed over the duration of the spell. -Kind of "meh", but yeah, move speed boost.
Dont get me wrong, Morello's post was spot-on IMO, but then this little bugger (which I hated the concept of from day 1, I might add) comes along with the usual tanky-dps kit, and will very likely abuse the cookie cutter trinity force+tanky/sustain build every melee dps does these days. Leona's release restored a bit of my faith in Riot's design team, but this one kinda screams problem even before release.

The spam of 6300 champions is also a bit problematic, not to mention counterproductive: You're tired of the game -> you play less -> you get less IP ->a new and exciting champion comes along, giving you motivation to play again. And you have no IP to buy it.
Now, you can buy it with RP for a measly 10$ for ONE champ, which you wont because you're tired of the game anyway, and the champ *might* only spark your interest. Or you play to get the IP, get frustrated at the system and tired of having to endure the torment of the same old boring champs to be able to win, since on this game fun and interesting to play != effective. See:Nidalee, Shaco, Ezreal. Interesting, engaging and exciting to play, right? Now pit them against an Annie, a Jarvan, a WW or a Nocturne. Compare ease to pull off combos and the reward you get for it. Yup. But that's another point entirely.

Anyway, I'm ranting out, which is pointless since this will likely not even get read. I voted somewhat satisfied, even tho my post's kinda negative, since the game is still *mostly* fun, whenever I still bother to login. A lot of the balance decisions and "popular forum opinions" (eg. Oh Udyr's UP you can just kite him anyway) still baffle me, though.

Nanoburd

07-22-2011

Somewhat satisfied.

I think Riot does a good job trying its best to hold something that's ballooning out of control together and still come out with new content regularly. I just feel the new champions are not really that unique and they havn't fully taken advantage of being on an independent platform to do some things no one else has. So in that sense I think their initial level of innovation that they had in the beginning has since tapered off and is just sorta meh now.

I think the game needs more work in terms of the gaming experience and depth of possible strategy. Tribunal is very good in terms of trying to improve the gaming experience but I feel more effort should be put on that.

More community driven events on league of legends could be beneficial too. Like allow clans to actually have some sort of presence on the client in a limited way and let them plan their own tournaments and display it. Or something that isn't neccessarily the main game play btu adds to the lore (I feel the lore in LOL in general is really weak and actually laughable for a few champions.....), by adding an explorable area where your summoner can play side mini-games that's LOL inspired. Or visit Morgana's bakery or something.....(I'm thinking along similar lines as neopets but obviously not to that extent and definitely not the same model)

Janrok

07-22-2011

Somewhat satisfied. Hopefully later this year I'll be able to say 100% satisfied...

Minishmaster

07-22-2011

I think that Riot is currently pushing themselves too far with deadlines. Previously, remakes were extremely rare and relatively simple changes. Now, Riot is attempting to release a new champ every two weeks on top of changing at least two champs with stealth, at least three champs with global ults, tryndamere, kayle, the jungle as a whole, and who knows how many other champions. they are simply giving themselves too much work to keep up with.

I would much rather just have Riot say "we are not making a champ for the next patch cycle; instead we are focusing on remakes and game balance" instead of having them keep quiet and try to struggle with a strict deadline on a new champ as well as high expectations from the community with all of their champion remakes at the same time.

Xenoith

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
Keep voting, by the way. We do pay attention to stuff like this.
Most people seem satisfied, but there is always room to improve!

Lina Perverse

07-22-2011

I am Somewhat Dissatisfied with Riot lately

all i see is Soon™ Soon™ Soon™ and not deliver awesome..always broken promises

and oh, the #1 server priority......reading that thread makes me feel i got trolled hard by riot completely

I feel Riot is going downhill if this keeps going