Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dijeh

07-22-2011

Somewhat satisfied.

Frequent updates, constant communications with several different levels of Riot staff, CS sales, list can go on and on. Could it be better, of course it can. Could it be worse? Considering all the other MMOs out there, yes, yes it can.

Really my only gripe is match making, hate losing streaks. Especially when you try to pull yourself out of a win/loss deficit, only to have someone on your team herp derp (for example an Ashe who doesn't arrow before/after/during team fights, yes plural, fights).

Valkar33

07-22-2011

Somewhat satisfied.

First the game itself is great and a ton of fun to play.... when it works correctly. It is too hard for the community to take RIOT seriously when they say that server stability is their number 1 priority when they are trying to release a champion they themselves say will crash the servers. STOP releasing champions altogether UNTIL you have a stable enough platform to do so without the servers having to go down for up to 4 days at a time.

The tribunal needs some attention. No I have never been baned on either account I have. However, there needs to be more safe guards for players who might be getting banned unjustly while still getting rid of the accounts that are truly trolling, griefing, etc. Players that have just hit level 30 honestly shouldn't be doing the tribunal. They simply don't have the experience with the game to justify it.

One of the major things I can't fathom at all is why RIOT is telling the community so far in advance of things they plan to do, and then can't or don't implement. Magma chamber I am looking at you here. If Magma Chamber had never been announced the community would still be asking for more maps. However, they wouldn't be pissed at RIOT for announcing something a year ago and then failing. It is simply a failing of the business model, which cannot continue. Don't announce something until you are sure it can be implemented, period. Riot would have a much happier client base.

Perception is reality. Regardless of what Riot says what players percieve is their reality. If US players percieve Riot is prioritizing the EU servers over them then that is the reality. SA and NA need to be split. Not simply for the reason that NA players dont like playing with BR's, but the SA players deserve to how their own server as well. Being constantly forced to play at 200+ ping is a disadvantage no matter how you slice it. GIVE THEM THEIR OWN SERVER.

Also, Riot needs to present a much more professional outward response system to the community as a whole. There are far too many times where issues that the community is very vocal about, either good or bad, and Riot simply ignores it because it is not an issues they like. A recent example would be the community asking for some sort of compensation for the extended server instabilty. The community as a whole was torn on both sides of the issue and there were 1000's of posts both for and against some sort of compensation. Yet, Riot to this day has taken no stance on the issue or made any post to the community about it. While at the same time there are tons of red posts to such threads as "Whats your best AFK/leaver excuse?". This is a very bad practice for a professional company. Even if the issue is something Riot doesn't like they should address it to the paying community.

Yes I have stated a lot of negative things about Riot, but they do have a lot of good things going for them as well. One of my favorite things they did was the Riot Stream to help alieviate the pain of the servers being down during the EU split. They were setting up games on the tournament realm even at 3am to keep the world community happy while they were working on their system. This illustrates a great empathy for the community which keeps Riot running, and it was also extremely professionally done.

Anyway these are my two cents. Hopefullly Riot will see and take some of this into account.

Oh yeah one last thing with regards to the NESL and pro teams. This is Riot's game. They own it through and through. They need to take an extremely strong approach to how their game is presented in the ESports world. The extreme unprofessionalism presented over the past couple of months by both the NESL AND the Pro teams have created a severe detrement to League of Legends and how it is viewed as an ESport. Riot needs to take control in the situation and if the NESL and Pro teams (mostly NESL here) can't get their act together then Riot needs to take it away from them completely.

Ok now I am done. Sorry for the wall of text.

TLR- Riot good / Riot Bad

Captain Kicku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

bumped for increased imput

Locke Cole

07-22-2011

Somewhat dissatisfied. I've been playing for ~year now, and pre-Dreamhack I think they have done well. But post-Dreamhack has been pretty terrible. Bad communication (which is slowly improving), the servers constantly being unstable, the Leona fiasco (HORRIBLY handled imo), etc. etc. have really changed my opinion as of late.

I like to think of myself as pretty relaxed when it comes to issues, but they have been far too consistent as of late to just shrug it off.

I feel like *maybe* things are on an upward turn for the better, but being perfectly honest, I still feel like they could fall right back in the crapper at this point and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

They really need to focus on restoring some player faith and trust now.

Abedeus

07-22-2011

Nope.

I heard "more cheaper champions", I see "more 6300 champions". I heard "balancing old champions, fixing them", I see "releasing new champions to make up for lack of old ones' balance".

Velarr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmonster View Post
Im somewhat satisfied. fix all (i mean ALL!!!!) the bugs on my favorite assasin Shaco and i will be completely satisfied because tryndamere and pantheon buffs were already announced. swain buffs would be nice too.
"Soon"

Taliesin

07-22-2011

I voted "Somewhat Dissatisfied".

Keep in mind that this is currently. And currently there have been a lot of issues that negatively impact my enjoyment of what is otherwise a great game. These issues include:

-The "brief" Tribunal recess (been a week now, if not longer). We have no information about how long the recess is supposed to last, and Brief™ is quickly becoming the new Soon™.

-General server stability. The past week or two has been the worst time for server stability that I can recall. There have been times in past where I couldn't even log on at all, but they never lasted longer than a day or two. This "on again off again" service is far more frustrating because of its lengthiness. The fact that you can be dropped from games, only to return to display bugs such as ghost minions and incorrect scores hurts the situation even further.

-Login queues. Sometimes I only have enough time to play a single game. Trying to log in, only to be presented with a 20-minute wait can be pretty disheartening. Fortunately, this seems to be clearing up, so good work!

-Delays. Soon™ is a rather unfortunate catchphrase, but one that Riot has earned. It indicates not that Riot is lazy, but rather that they are in the habit of announcing features months or years before they are implemented. This, in my honest opinion, is a mistake. Customers are not patient. When they read a red post that is speaking excitedly and confidently about a new feature (Magma Chamber, replays, observer mode, graphical updates, champion remakes, etc.) they get excited too. If the feature is not released within the next month, that excitement turns into disappointment. After a few months, it turns into bitterness and sarcasm. That's just the way people work. The fact that Leona's release was also delayed hasn't helped recent public opinion, either.

That being said, I'm still of the opinion that Riot is a great company, staffed with awesome and responsive individuals. I'd just be lying if I said that I was fully satisfied with them at current, that's all. Keep on trucking, guys. I know it'll get better <3

Ryzer

07-22-2011

I like Riot. Only thing that bothers me is that when they buff a champion, they keep throwing buffs at them until they are amazing. When they nerf a champion, they just keep nerfing till they're near useless. (Recently Overbuffed: Fiddles, Pirate, Yorick. Annie,Overnerfed: Ramjam, Malphite, Vlad)

The main thing that really ruins league of legends for me is this community. By far the worst community I've seen in any kind of "competitive" game. That's this genre of game though.

shadowblazr

07-22-2011

I feel like Riot is TRYING to do their job but they just aren't doing their job well enough. I appreciate everything they are doing though and I hope they can sooner than Soon(TM) fix the server problems and balance issues.

Burungeru

07-22-2011

Somewhat Satisfied.

It's mostly due to the recent server issues and the unbalanced champs going around who haven't been properly fixed, or the constant release of newer and stronger champions that start to ruin the older champs. That and the bug issues with multiple champs, which turn me away from playing them (Shaco).