Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genetic Skill

10-07-2012

definitely satisfied. free game with free HD stream of WC, most of whats happened at the WC is preventable (make a LAN client) but if you (most likely not competitive) base all your satisfaction on the WC i think you should re-evaluate.People complaining about server instability and down times, riot has better server stability then a lot of games that I've payed to play (I'm from Australia) the down time seems non existent to me compared to what they use to be, and patches hit peak times for me, around 7pm. Riot is more interactive with its community than a lot of other games and i applaud them for that. I also don't think that riot should be giving 24 hours ip boosts, why do people think they are entitled to something because the WC has problems, the only people who should receive compensation are the people that were actually at the event and from the posts i've they are the ones who are the most satisfied with riot. Anyway i think riot is doing a good job and it will only get better

also with the balancing of champions, i believe it should be done for competitive play or at very least high elo game play, with the amount of streams people will figure out pretty quickly how to play/counter certain things.

HappyTimeHate

10-07-2012

Not at all. With the 3rd day being a complete disaster, Riot refuses to do anything about the cheating since it will open a can of worms. I hope the community unites to express how disappointing this tournament has become. Dude looks over his shoulder where the mini map is, pings their location and Riot continues to put popcorn in their mouth to see what happens next as Owner of Riot, Chinese Company Tincent sits next to them with a spiked paddle in case they try to prevent the win

Primordial Flame

10-07-2012

Okay guys, we have to revive this so that we can let riot know that we arent okay with the **** thats going on in the tournament

SoulCrafter

Recruiter

10-07-2012

To start, I love LoL. It's an amazing game. There has been it's up's and down's, but no more than any other game.... However, my biggest issue is the events. The prize pools are HUGE, and that can be a great incentive for the team, but more money needs to be put into the events themselves. Teams should be put in a sound proof area, not just given headphones that cancel outside noise. This is something many e-sports venues do. For some, it's the only right thing they do, MLG...
I've seen so many hardware issues at these events as well, and they can be fixed EASILY. I work in Computer tech support, and if someone is doing a conference, or something of that nature, we make sure that there are multiple backups on-hand. I don't mean backstage, but within 10 feet of the other hardware. It makes things SO much easier to deal with, and problems are taken care of in up to 30% less time.
On the positive side, It makes me happy to see all the updates going to the old champions. Visual, and mechanics alike, it may not bring any extra income in, but it shows that you are willing to work on something without expecting something in return.

Anyways, thank you for what you do RIOT, and I expect to see improvements in the future. I've seen so many since I started playing LoL, and know that results will be given.

StrengthAndHonor

10-07-2012

No.

Their Summoner's Code is a joke.

They want to punish players who have different personalities. Some humans are emotional. Riot wants us all to behave like psychopaths, cold and emotionless when going through something infuriating. That is against what some personalities are.

Riot needs to STFU with the reports for typing words and tell people to use the Ignore function.

Hoactzin

10-07-2012

I'm fairly satisifed with you as a company. Although I understand that the esports thing will be a pretty big black spot, I'm confident that you can recover.

Also, people asking for compensation for their entertainment? Meh, ignore.

Eclipse SygmA

10-07-2012

I actually happen to like Riot. I've played other games, however, I feel like this company actually cares about what I think as a customer. As such, I have decided to play this game, over buying back my xbox and things of the such. HOWEVER, there is definitely room for improvement and I cannot say that I am completely satisfied with Riot's current state. In other words, IMPROVE YOUR SERVICE RIOT but GOOD JOB HAVING GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IMHO.

summoz

10-07-2012

Not satisfied.

Will keep playing because i love the game.. however im hating it at the moment because of the server lag issues.

This wouldnt make me as mad if Riot gave us some ****ing answers or some light at the end of the tunnel instead of letting the Help/support section fill up with the same threads about server lag.

So sick of it..

Yimie

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte211 View Post
I voted somewhat dissatisfied. I've been playing since last summer and with the exception of a glitch or two I've never had a problem with this game. However it just seems that the balancing of characters has been terrible. Sometimes the balance team gets it right but 60-70% of the time its just a terrible rework (I'm NOT talking about Kayle either since she is yet to be tested). Instead of fine tuning a champ, Riot seems to have taken to just playing with numbers on multiple skills and saying "done!". Stop moving your peas around and just eat them ****it!

I'm also not a fan of the direction this game has been going in general. Forget the community, or even the new champs, I'm talking about 90% of what Phreak talks about in his spotlights or reviews. I know you're reworking stealth but it was hard to play against any great player just like with every other character. At one point all CC got nerfed, all AP doesn't hold a candle to AD past level 6-10, and really jungling is just disgusting now. I loved that when I started playing this game, it had all these little metas to it, games within games. Sometimes you could press your lane, sometimes you had to hold back and snag kills. Sometimes you had to wait for your jungler and sometimes he could farm all game. Now it just seems every character falls into the carry/tank/support cliche and every lane phase is exactly the same as the one before it.

Riot you need to stop catering to both the top pros and the uber noobies and revert back to the game that brought in so many people for you long ago. Majority of your player base sits between those groupings, and the noobies will learn how to play with time if they put in the effort.
My opinion is the same.

KnobbGoblin

10-07-2012

Somewhat satisfied.

Riot's been doing some changes that seem to pay homage to some of the common concerns their players have.

Sales to help people without much time to play to be able to buy stuff without breaking their bank too much (IP sales, I feel, would be a great stride in the right direction).

IP price differences was the largest difference I noticed when I tried out the Smite (by Hi-Rez studios) beta. League is so much more appealing to new players with having low and medium (450, 1350) price champions available, as well as high (6300). As one of the largest complaints the community has, I share the concern that there is not enough (or fast enough) changes in IP prices to champions. It's great Riot started lowering some champion's IP price, but it's not nearly fast enough if you ask me. It makes the vast majority (I'd ballpark guess around 80%+) pigeon-holed into missing out on new champs or not being able to pick up some older champs that aren't played as much anymore, without a serious investment of money. I realize it makes no business sense to release champions with lower than 6300 IP costs, as I am a business major. The only positive to changing their model would be making their customers happy, which in turn could turn to more sales. However, I see a lot of value in lowering IP costs more frequently after the large volume of sales are done on champions: It would not only make players happy, it would help even out the variety of champions played and even give players a reason to buy that awesome skin for a champion that originally couldn't afford. I feel there's a lot of untapped potential with more frequent modification to IP prices, as well as RP.

One of the things I'm most excited about is all these plans of female character models being more realistic (in the sense most people would be at a clear disadvantage on a battlefield only wearing short shorts and a belly shirt) and more varied. I am a male gamer, however, I do have plenty of female gamer friends which commonly refuse to play certain games, just because they're so ridiculous when it comes to portraying their females. I also have a girlfriend, who I have been getting into gaming over the past few months. League of Legends is one of the first games I tried to get her to try playing, but she, too, felt females were portrayed in such a sexual manner. The difficulty curve to playing LoL was also too steep for her, seeing as she was not acquainted with video games long before trying LoL. That could be more of a MOBA genre problem, however. I found league overly easy to grasp the basic concepts, and I like LoL because it also has a high skill cap. I also have been playing video games since I was 2 (20 years ago). For the more unacquainted (the vast majority of my friends whom play this game), it's quite difficult, and even making it to level 30, they have no idea what the meta game is or the importance of cs, etc.

Having more rewards, especially more that actually feel substantial, for the "good" players would be rewarding for both the player and Riot. In other words, acting as a good role model for their community should reap more benefits. I feel like that would go a long way to achieving a healthier gaming environment for their players.

All in all, Riot is a fantastic company (hell, I even applied for my "dream job" job there), and the fact they are so communicative with their players is great. They are also a relatively young company, with plenty of time to grow. Not to mention that League of Legends was their first game released, which is quite impressive, seeing as it's one of the most played games in the world as well as being esports worthy. I am excited to see how Riot grows and hope as they grow they venture into new Intellectual Property.

Sorry for the wall of text as well as my poor formatting (and probably grammar/spelling), I am half asleep, but wanted to post something before I forgot. I've been awake for two days and finally have a day off tomorrow, so.... time for me to get some sleep!

PS. Riot, I am going to apply again after I graduate in December!

TLDR: Riot is a great company, with what seems a bright future. They could just use a little more fine tuning in certain areas, but they have started in some of those areas already. Overall, somewhat satisfied.