Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarbonWyre

10-07-2012

No I'm not really. They need to focus are really refining the material they already have out before they keep releasing champ after champ. They need to figure out a better way to take care of things then "Just throw RP at it but not everyone who is having the same problem outside of 10 feet of us.". Also they need to pay attention to what the community says more. Like Rengar's Q getting buffed even though it was already ridiculously strong and then the community raging, maybe the raging means that it's just a little to strong?

I think they are far away from their community compared to where they things they are.

Asmonok

10-07-2012

Ill say that I am somewhat satisfied. I believe Riot does an above average job of paying attention to there community which also causes some of my dissatisfaction. They want to be e-sport orientated but they also balance champions based off of top and low level play. Frankly if they want to be e-sport orientated they should only balance off of high level play. While I understand that not everyone is a high level player(I know Im certainly not) it can cause problem with "pub stomp" champions. However at the same time forcing us to deal with "pub stomp" champions makes us grow as players.

That aside my ONLY unhappiness with anything League of Legends related can always be boiled down to the people playing the game not the people creating it.

Riot is not perfect however no gaming company is. There is no such thing as perfection. They do however work hard attempting to achieve perfection which is why they are in my personal top 5 gaming companies of all time.

MW A55 Violator

10-07-2012

I don't know what genre of game LoL counts as but its the first kind for me I came from first person shooters and RTS games,I have played one other free to play game and I'm going to say it straight out riot is the best game company I have ever seen in terms of doing what the players want I mean on other games I like never see employees post on their own forums except maybe a patch announcement or something,here many ppl know a ton of riot employees on the forums, I find they are so customer friendly and I love them for that,they listen to the community sure they've had server issues and their tournament didn't go to plan,but man they do their best and I hope they never stop because I love this game and most of it is because of the incredible staff.

Kolione

10-07-2012

For the most part I am satisfied with the job Riot is doing. Occasional lag and server problems still occur but they seem far less frequent then in the past. Champion balance still isn't perfect but is continually improving. The one thing they could do to really boost my enjoyment would to finnally rework Heimerdinger. He's my favorite champ and I hate getting trolled for playing him. I know these take time though so I can wait

Tramble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I voted "no I am not satisfied". I'll try to pull together my thoughts on Riot into a coherent statement.

There are lots of issues, not just with tournaments, but I'll start with with that. From day 1, almost every LoL tournament has had major issues. Putting together a tournament isn't easy, but it's not that hard and Riot just never seems to learn any lessons.

IP/rune/champion pricing. To be competitive, you need more IP than can possibly be gathered within normal play times. I've seen a red state that you only need 2 or 3 rune pages to be competitive but that's a blatant lie. Also, champions come out too fast and at too high a cost to possibly keep up without spending money constantly.

Time-scale for changes. Bug fixes and champion reworks seem to take about a year each. Why is this? Why is it that Riot can come out with a champion 2 times a month, and yet a rework, which theoretically takes less time, comes twice a year or something. And don't try to argue that it's different teams, as the issue probably the number of people working on each issue. I feel that riot prioritizes new content far to highly, as opposed to fixing huge bugs and broken champions in a timely fashion. Put some of the champion designers working on new heroes on fixing old ones please.

The only place I feel Riot hasn't completely failed is working to make the community a friendlier place, so good job with that.

Burizar

10-07-2012

- New champion everyweek - great

- Making new champion OP for 3 weeks then nerf them again - not so much. Also why all of them have to be 6300 ip 975 rp

- The player vs Bot is good

- But need more champions for bot and stop making them to suicide to turret

- Someway to earn RP without using money ( make it really hard ) - but i highly doubt that you guys will do this

- Need more dynamic event ( free giveaway, double ip, you can select your own free champion that week, etc)

- Stop making 90% of the champions to have a skill that boost their next attack ( garen, jax, darius, rengar, wukong, xin zhao, renekton, kha'zix, nasus, teemo, i can go on forever )

Krusher114

10-07-2012

No, I am not satisfied.

At least, that's what I voted...

Obviously I'm here, and I do still play the game quite a bit. In fact, I just recently caved in after over a year and actually put some money into RP, because of the overall experience of the game. And honestly, I like Riot. I like seeing red posts on the forums, I like knowing they actually play the game. I look forward to running into them and killing them, or supporting them as they kill other people, depending on if we get matched as enemies or teammates. Will it ever happen? Heck, probably not, but whatever.

The point is, I do like Riot. That's why I'm still here. That's why I'm still playing the game.

And yet, when presented with a poll, and without any thinking, my first instinct was to click that "No, I am not satisfied" button. I didn't hesitate, I didn't flinch. I read the title of the thread, and opened it up with the intention of finding the "No" answer.

So I ask myself the question: If I like Riot overall, then why is my gut instinct so different?

And I think it's because of a few things. So here are a few contributors:
1. First of all, and definitely the main reason I feel such a negative vibe at this precise moment is the championship. Just like everybody else in the world I suppose. I think it was handled poorly. Simple as that. Heck, I have no idea what was going on with all those connection issues, and whose fault it was, or if it was nobody's fault and was just some freak thing. But whatever happened, nobody was prepared to deal with it. Restarting games in the world championship? Unacceptable solution. I view it like getting into the fourth quarter of the super bowl, and then restarting the game because of something or other. Stupid. It would never happen. And it sure as heck wouldn't happen immediately. When such a massive problem arises, you stop and fix it. You postpone the event, and don't start back until you are as certain as you can possibly be that the problem is fixed. You don't just restart a game. Then restart again. Then again...Set up a save state for such an important event. Manually go in and edit stats to set the game back at the same point. Do SOMETHING. Have some sort of back-up plan for when everything goes wrong. But above all, don't restart play until you've actually fixed the problem. I spent the day sitting watching a dead stream because somebody kept trying to do the same thing over and over without ever sorting out the problem so it kept happening.

So, the problems were bad, the solution to the problems was worse.

2. Champs. Always 6300. Ok, whatever. My issue isn't even with that, it's with the fact that any time someone from Riot comments on champions being released, it's always "No, not all champions are going to be 6300. We have no intention of that. etc..." Just stop being elusive about it. All new champions are going to be 6300, always. Because the prices aren't about skill level at all anymore, prices are about newness. Which is why older champs are getting those price drops.

Stop trying to dance around the issue because you think it's going to make people mad. Just tell them the truth. Let that be the way it is, and move on.

3. Uneven content release. Touching back on champs, new ones come out so dang quick. It's impossible to keep up. Yet other content seems to get left in the dust. Major bugs aren't fixed for multiple patches. Alternate maps and playstyle options are probably too much to hope for in my lifetime. But by golly, we'll get a new champ every single patch! And yes, different design team, different sections, blah blah blah. It still FEELS wrong. And the unending slew of champs make it seem all the longer for anything else to actually happen with the game. Heck, give the champ designers a vacation. Just chill out every once in awhile. Let the game settle. If Riot champ designers had been in charge of The Lord of the Rings, the whole trilogy would have come out in the same week...

4. Patch issues. Last point I'm going to make, but this is the most long-term issue I have have with Riot. Patch comes out, games crash all over the place, ranked gets disabled, sometimes normals as well, forums get bogged down. Boom. the one free day I had this week gets trashed. Which is a bummer. And then it happens next patch. And the next one. And every time I see a patch, I get a nasty feeling in my stomach, and just hope that nothing got broken this time.

This is not the appropriate response I should have to new content being released. So bring the servers down for patches if you have to. Make it standard procedure, at a standard time. Schedule it. Do whatever needs to be done, so that when you say "Ok, everything is ready for play", it's the truth, and everything IS actually ready. Because I hate being given false hope, and everything seeming fine until I get to the loading screen and then half the players just don't make it into the game. That's lame. A lot.

So I guess that's it. That's where I stand. I like the game, I'm going to queue up right now. But my gut reaction is:
No, I am not satisfied.

MuffinOfLove

10-07-2012

I am very satisfied, riot has its problems, but to someone like me who played WoW for four years knows that riot is doing a great job. They really seem to care about their players and what we have to say.

This game will never be perfectly balanced nor will any other. There will always be unhappy people typing in GD, and regardless most will continue playing.

After all that's why they're unhappy right? because they love the game.

Old Dirty Teemo

10-07-2012

extremely disappointed. riot's no better than nazi germany. i just had a passionate post in that lame gender discussion topic edited without my permission by riot ATLEAST two times.

i didnt know riot did this kind of thing. but this is seriously disturbing.... riot, you are no better than nazi germany if you allow and condone this behavior.

you have a system in place to block posts that receive enough downvotes, my post contained no racism or threats and yet you edit it ATLEAST twice.

so disappointed in riot, i will never support riot ever again.

Laetabilis

10-07-2012

Judging by the success and popularity of the game, I guess I have somewhat high standards for the service they should provide. And my main concerns with the game have to do with the balancing of current champions, and the constant release of new champions. The game isn't in as balanced a state I would like for a serious, competitive game.

Although I was also disappointed with the World Championships. I don't believe the way the tournament was set-up was up-to-par considering this is perceived as a "professional" game.

That being said, I do believe the Riot team, and the people they represent themselves with, are very attentive and genuinely try to hear the concerns of the community to try help make the game better.

Edit: Unfortunately my vote would be "Somewhat dissatisfied"