Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeeHarvey

08-17-2011

I've never seen a gaming company that interacts with the community as much as Riot does.

Ahriman1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

I changed my mind. No, I'm not satisfied any more. Dem support atrocities.

LilDrood

08-17-2011

I was going to click "Somewhat Dissatisfied." since compared to other games I'm a bit more satisfied with it, but I changed it to an outright "No" when I thought for 3 seconds and realized satisfaction should not be based on comparisson to the competition/other games I play.

There's honestly way too many reasons right now why I'm not, and to be honest no matter what I say I'm sure I'll be downvoted by the ravenous fanboys who downvote frenzy anything that isn't slathering phrase on their favorite game, so I'm not feeling very inclined to waste more time typing out all the reasons...

computerex

08-17-2011

I am feeling as anti-Riot as you can possibly feel. I am a software engineer, and have worked on numerous platforms, and League has got to be some of the worst software ever written. Server instability, client instability, just everything, it is ridiculous. It has been 2 years, and the situation has barely been addressed. We still face issues on a daily basis. This is absolutely unacceptable. The statement "we have the best men in the industry working on this" is frankly a lie. League has a relatively straight forward infrastructure. Riot has been prioritizing their profits over the stability of their software.

Secondly, Riot has never been punctual at anything. Four months ago we were told by Morello that there were going to be adjustments in the ranked queue (afk player would dodge rather then random lock) - He seems to be ignoring the thread now. Yes, it is great to show up in mellow threads for PR - It gives the impression that Riot is involved in the community - But Riot literally ignores answering questions that really matter and are bugging the community.

We were told that 6300 champions would be an exception. Riot lied. Where are the screen shots of project shiny that Tamat promised? Achievements? Replays? A new map? Winter SR? Why are the support being destroyed when clearly the community feels so strongly against the change? Why do substandard players such as Shurelia get to decide what happens to the supports, when the game is balanced for high tier competitive play?

The culmination of all of these failures gives Riot a very bad public image. There are plenty of Riot fanboys that will not ever leave League, but I wouldn't be surprised if a large number of people from the community decide to leave for Dota 2.

Enelysion

08-17-2011

Currently, I voted as somewhat dissatisfied. Here's why:

Riot sometimes has sketchy actions when it comes to champions. I don't think we've gotten a reason yet for pricing champions at 6300 for four champs in a row, but to be honest, it does seem like a money-hungry scam. What seems like more of a scam, though, is how there are 3150 champs at 975 RP. If they're half the IP price, why should we be expected to pay full in real money for them?

Another reason is the IP nerf. From what I've read, the main focus of the IP nerf was to try to lower the average time of games. The problem with that is that I don't care about IP when I'm in the middle of a game. The IP that I'm going to receive has nothing to do with how fast a game can be for me. The main issue is that longer games give significantly less IP now, and that is a problem to me. With the high IP prices of champions and the low IP income, it again seems money-hungry trying to force players into using RP to buy champs.

Skins are becoming an issue for me. I understand that well-played characters will bring in more money on skins, but there are some champs that are played a decent amount that are definitely lacking in the skin area. For instance, I've been seeing a lot of Soraka for the past couple of months, and her skins are (sorry) not really appealing. She only has two, and they're both somewhat recolors. Divine's legs are covered by a dress, so there's some remodeling done on that one, but the upper half is the same character with different colors. I don't mean to focus on Soraka, but she is just an example. Players have been saying for at least a year that Taric needed another skin, and we've only just now gotten it. I enjoy the skin, and I'm grateful for it, but I wouldn't mind a heads up saying something similar to, "Hey, in a few weeks we'll have a new X skin for you. Hope you enjoy it!" I also want to touch on legendary skins. I wouldn't be surprised if legendary skins were bringing in significantly less money than you hoped. The problem, which I'm sure you already know, is that you have skins for champions that are abnormally better than their legendary skins. To use Annie for example, Frostfire Annie is miles ahead of Annie in Wonderland. Cowboy TF leaves Magnificent in the dust. Remakes of the older legendary skins would be very pleasing to the people who have bought them and the potential buyers. I've been considering Fireyordle Tristana, but the fact that her ult is the same as in a normal skin kinda irritates me. I don't mean to rant, but there are some of the issues that are causing me to view negatively upon the skins currently.

While the update to the forum to allow searching is nice, what it really needs is more personalization. The way the forum currently stands, we don't have individual avatars or signatures, and it proves difficult to tell players apart without scouring usernames. I'm glad the game gets so much attention from the devs and has consistent updates, but it would be great to see the forum as more welcoming.

A small point that I want to say is that how terrible the forum community is. I've met a few cool people in game and had fun times, but I don't recall the last thread I made that wasn't abused by the meaner members of the community. More forum moderation could mean a cleaner community and a more welcoming environment, aiding Riot's rise to its goal of being at the top.

While some of the issues I currently have with Riot are harder to fix than others, I hope my opinion has shed light on a positive way the company can go. I really appreciate the transparency and friendliness that Riot employees currently exemplify, but I definitely think there is room for improvement. I don't mean to hold you guys to a higher standard than you can do, but for several reasons I think you can do a little better than you've been doing. That being said, nothing makes me happier than logging on to the forums and seeing threads about Riot employees playing matches with normal players or having conversations with them. Actions like these are definitely the key to success, so keep it up!

Now let's just hope my post isn't too buried in this massive thread to be read by the people who would like to see it. I'd really love a reply to this if you can manage.

Glyphz

08-17-2011

Honestly guys, Ive played my fair share of free MMOs, and nothing can compare to how Riot is.

Things like Nexon and GameHi, you want help? GL helping yourself, no interaction to the community, doesn't help anyone at all, no support.

Stop being greedy because they don't make the game how you want it.

computerex

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyphz View Post
Honestly guys, Ive played my fair share of free MMOs, and nothing can compare to how Riot is.

Things like Nexon and GameHi, you want help? GL helping yourself, no interaction to the community, doesn't help anyone at all, no support.

Stop being greedy because they don't make the game how you want it.
I would rather pay for LoL then to have to endure the constant issues. It is so frustrating to think: Here's this really great game, but I can't play it right now because the servers are having one issue or another half the time.

Not to mention the fact that we literally haven't had any new content (besides champions and skins, which are basically disguised versions of previously existing champions) since the Halloween map. People are tired of playing the same thing.

Also - Remember the poll Zilean made about flash? Quite a few people participated in the poll, and it was conclusive that the vast majority of the community feels that flash needs to be changed. But still, Riot has entirely ignored our pleas. Why even make a poll and waste our time if you are not going to act on what the community feels?

Have you noticed the summoner spells? There are 12, out of which only 6 are used (with ghost, flash, smite, clairvoyance being consistently used). There is no reason to use the other 6. In other words, no one uses 50% of the other summoners because they are so underpowered/******ed. Why hasn't Riot done anything about this?

Magicapples

08-17-2011

1) They are releasing too many champs and the game is feeling washed out.
2) I don't like their puchase packages. No real rewards for people that spend a lot of money with them.
3) their ranked system and match making system are ****. They need to hire some engineers with brains that rank players on more than win/loss to accelerate their placement.

Dabba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

Yes. Love the game, love the company interaction with the community. What else is there to say.

CountVladimìr

08-17-2011

I actually am satisfied... Even tho theres server stability issues from time to time riot handles them within 12 hours. Also keep in mind riot is relatively young company and developer only 2-3 years