Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zzphantom

07-22-2011

I voted "Somewhat Dissatisfied".

I've played since before Season 1, and I don't like where Riot's priorities are. They're focused so much on bringing in new players to this cash cow of theirs, that they've sort of forgot about the older players. We haven't gotten any of the features we were jazzed about over a year ago!

I thought Dreamhack was going to change things. Spectator mode was supposed to be coming, and Season 2 shortly after! I've since learned that was not a "Demo" or even a "Showcase". It was a tease, or dare I say "Concept Art". And the extension on Season 1 was so disappointing. >.>

And what do we have to show for it? They say server stability is their priority. How stellar have the servers been this week, guys?

Kulanah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

Voted somewhat satisfied, as I wouldn't choose another game to play atm, but I can't help but be mad when games like Ho`N and RoI have replays and clan support and LoL has a really disappointing features by comparison.

Draugur

07-22-2011

Well, im kinda disspointed because they just release new champions, still, they will have to come with something strong when Dota 2 comes out, probably they already have it and they are saving it for that day as a marketing strategy...

Demon Firebrand

07-22-2011

I like RIOT. I think there's some stuff they could work on, but seriously what game isn't that true for?

Voice chat, slightly more forceful forum moderation, some sort of guideline as to why they price things the way they do, more in-depth patch previews to show the community what they're thinking about... to name a few.

But they're doing a good job and providing a fun game, what's not to like?

Not to mention the trolls and feeders are slowly getting banned, I can tell from the raging.

Hulkamania

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

I'm mostly satisfied to be honest. They have a great game overall just have a few shortcomings. The server problem withholding, we still don't have spectator mode which was showcased at Dreamhack.

Yogtheterrible

07-22-2011

I'm not satisfied at all. Server stability in this game is the worst in all gaming. I don't think I've ever played a game that was this bad.

Also, you guys have promised so many things for so many years without actually releasing anything I question your work ethic.

AgentTwink

07-22-2011

bump

DaPeeP

07-22-2011

I voted that I am not satisfied due to the snail pace of development of features, improper balancing, server stability and lack of creative content.

Development
Everything always seems to be a hurdle at Riot Games. Everytime a red comments about a neat idea, it's pretty much always along the lines of "I agree, this is awesome, but there are technical hurdles we need to jump / technical limitations". This is getting pretty old pretty fast.

Balancing
Who balances this stuff? More importantly, who tests it? On every balance patch, someone fumbles with the ball. It's as if there was no internal beta testing of changes. It might just be the testing process that's bad, but it's still no excuse to release broken up / op champs constantly. A prime example of recent champion with balance issues is Yorik. Came out underpowered, so much so that it seemed like nobody tested him before launch. And now after the buff, he's too strong, again as if nobody tested his capabilities.

Server Stability
I think it's pretty obvious that you guys have server issues. A mishap every now and then happens, and is acceptable. But the downtime that League of Legends endures even though we're 2 years post-beta is pretty sad. I expect that Riot servers will one day become synonymous to instability.

Creative Content
I get it : You're out there to make money. You're a company that is owned by money hungry suits. So you stick to skins / champions, because in a free to play business model, if you stop producing champions / skins, the micro-transactions go down. But there is no reason to release new champions with old game mechanics. Everything just feels like a rehash of something that was previously done in the past. I truly feel that the champion abilities are designed in a blender.
For Example, Monkey King ult : Toss in a bit of Garen judgment, a bit of Alistar Pulvurize and a hint of Sona speed buff. Blend. Serve cold.

So there you have it Riot. This is why I am not satisfied with your company as of late. You did make a pretty nice game, and I will still play every now and then, but your support of it is pretty terrible. I'm sorry.

MaruFrozen

07-22-2011

Things could be better, but I'm liking it in a good general sense.

I'm still waiting for a champion that I really just fall in love with.

Server stability can get on my nerves sometimes.

I'm not really a fan of how many trolls still exist.

AgentTwink

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogtheterrible View Post
I'm not satisfied at all. Server stability in this game is the worst in all gaming. I don't think I've ever played a game that was this bad.

Also, you guys have promised so many things for so many years without actually releasing anything I question your work ethic.
What this guy said. Every patch is a nightmare and I usually just plan to not be able to play the entire day.

Magma Chamber? Graphics Update? THOSE are the things I want.