Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are you satisfied with Riot?

Yes I am satisfied. 2898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters 12563 .

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moms Spaghetti

07-25-2011

some things riot does I agree with and some I don't... right now they need to just stop on the making the new champs for a month or so and get a few things straightened out... There are underpowered champs i.e. eve and sivir who need help. Many people in the community are dieing for a new map, replay mode, and that graphical update. This will freshen up the game and seperate it more from other games like DotA. Once they have nerfed what has needed to be nerfed and buffed what is needed to be buffed then Riot can continue with making new champs. But honestly at this point I don't care if a new champ is released it only makes the game a little more exciting for a day or two.

Icuonuez

07-25-2011

Quote:
l0st t0y:
some things riot does I agree with and some I don't... right now they need to just stop on the making the new champs for a month or so and get a few things straightened out... There are underpowered champs i.e. eve and sivir who need help. Many people in the community are dieing for a new map, replay mode, and that graphical update. This will freshen up the game and seperate it more from other games like DotA. Once they have nerfed what has needed to be nerfed and buffed what is needed to be buffed then Riot can continue with making new champs. But honestly at this point I don't care if a new champ is released it only makes the game a little more exciting for a day or two.

I have to disagree. Leona was a big installment, IMO. I've been playing her alot since she first came out, and I'm still having alot of fun with her.

wi1lywonka

07-25-2011

Just kill tf why don't you

OpticalShadow

07-25-2011

somewhat dissatisfied. the last few champions felt lack luster in design. their abilities bringing nothign new. they have remained mostly opaque, with little information being given to us beyond champion ideas in balence.

it feels like riot for the most part doesnt view us as importent to their system, as if we as a community ask suggest, even give full detailed concepts or simple requests, and we are never answered. even when a red post speaks up and says "thats sounds great!" we get nothing beyond that, dispite even having riot emplees claim the idea carries merit, it died in a thread, reguadless of upvotes, dispite mass approval, we get nowhere. it seems as if riot continue to sail their ship, and ignore any input we have in its direction.

it is for this reason i feel somewhat dissatisfied as a costumer.

0xalis

07-25-2011

I'm not very satisfied at this point. I used to be a while ago when patches made sense and nerfs and buffs were where they needed to be, and there was no intense overnerfs and overbuffs as much as there are now. See Yorick and Gangplank.
Also some future patches and some recent patches I just have not liked at all. One I am really displeased with is this jungle remake. I don't like the idea of it at all, it's awful. same with the next patch coming out, there's some changes I dislike.

Sir Grendel

07-25-2011

I'm happy with the job riot does for the most part but the only thing that bugs me is this: Champion balancing. I feel like riot lets players do too much of the testing, like it seems like they make changes being unsure of what will happen and let the community figure out whats up. I'm sure this is far from the truth but often things come out that are way underpowered ( like yorick at launch ), or end up way overpowered ( like yoricks laning ability post patch, which btw I called the second I saw the changes ).

Also balancing takes place way too often imo, it makes it so champs are way too often FOTM and the game never feels the same week to week ( which I guess can be a good thing ). This is frustrating because one week X champ can be your main and you can invest alot of time in them and then after that week balance patch comes out and there is no reason to use that champ in ranked outside of gimicky strats. An example is in order I'm sure, lets look at swain before his recent nerfs, prior to the nerfs swain was an amazing mid lane champ with great sustain once he hit level 6 that very often could beat out his opposition based on that, he was a beefy ap carry that could add that extra survivability to your team if you didnt have it. After the patch his heal got murdered to the point where he is no longer that super sustainable mage that we love, he is just a AP carry with some good DOT spells and minor utility such as slows and a snare, he isnt that super tough to bring down killing machine anymore, so why pick him ever: Anivia has better utility and can burst harder, annie has stun and can burst way harder with an AOE stun, Vlad can sustain his lane better will almost always win his lane but lacks the utility of swain but is still a better mid lane champ.

My point with that is not every champ can be perfectly balanced, if that were the case then there would be no point to the game, it would become a chess game were positioning and things like that win, not ingenuity. Make champs fill certain roles not try to be perfectly balanced, swain was very good before hand because he filled a role no one else did, a hard to bring down ap carry if your team was rather soft and needed that extra beef.

Outside of that I love you guys.

wildwom4n

07-25-2011

I would be so much happier if there were new maps.

Spikywarkitten

07-25-2011

I feel it is a pretty good game overall, and Riot has been doing a lot to contribute to that. I especially love how reactive the Riot staff is to the community and the changes within the game. It is pretty amazing how well they keep in touch.

Only have a few minor complaints, which mostly has to do with prioritization of a few things (i wish they had pushed spectator mode much higher than other things) and about the marketing strategy taken by Riot (i would like to see the champion's IP prices to at least follow a consistent philosophy, and for them to aim to gain more of their income through sale of non-game related products and through things like name color changes/font changes/profile page color/design changes.)

Valduran

07-25-2011

Not satisfied. They've made a great game and are doing a great job in maintaining it, but are absolutely failing to bring us any reasonable amount of new content. A company growing as fast as theirs should have no problem releasing something major after over a year in full release. We don't even have ETAs. =/

There is so much potential for this game to branch off in ways never seen in MoBA, but yet we have no glimpse of them pursuing such things yet.

FertileTrout

07-25-2011

the fact that the champions are so out of balance is really disappointing in this game, i love LoL and spend many, many hours playing it, but there are always those battles where a nocturne or xin or morde just win the game by themselves, and its extremely frustrating to have to deal with champions that cannot be countered, and can turret dive at lvl 4 and take 8 turrets shots and walk away with a double kill, only to have some punk kid claim that the only reason xin is good is because he is fed, not because he is op, when its so obvious that he is op. i understand that riot is working to make the champions more balances, and many times i do agree with almost everything in every patch, but everytime there is a patch at least one champions ends up getting broken beyond repair, and one champion becomes way op, ( a good example would be GP) and all the while some champions that really need some buffs sit around (like sivir) and champions that are way op remain way op (xin and yi). and the last thing that really bothers me about riot is the lack of communication, every time the server crashes i feel like i have to swim through the forum just to find any information about what is going on, i also feel like release dates of the recent patches, and plans for the future of LoL besides approching champions are ever discussed, which leaves all of us confused and in the dark. dont get me wrong, i love this game and will never stop playing, sometimes i just get frustrated with the sheer unbalance of the champions, and how in plain sight it is.