does anyone EVER vote punish for a case were only one person reported?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

norkul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-21-2011

I mean there's always a rager who reports their whole team for surrendering, bieng bad ect.
but does anyone ever punish for these cases?

NecroticBinder

07-21-2011

No, because they are unjust and fail to serve any purpose so I hit pardon.

TPOTK1NG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

Depends, if the one report is valid and in violation of the rules. Though, there are more than just one case per person.

LawGiver500

07-21-2011

It depends on the case. Most of the time the 1 person report cases are someone hurt over trash talk which is pardonable in most cases. In rare cases i have seen one person reports with racial slurs that just didnt offend anyone else however, racial slurs are a bannable offense and should be punished regardless of the fact only one person saw fit to report it. Some people get into the mind set scew it i will most likely never play with that person again so i wont report their behavior, but in doing so they allow this person to continue agressing others.

norkul

Recruiter

07-21-2011

thanks for the info

LawGiver500

07-21-2011

np, just remeber reading the cases will tell if it is worth hitting pardon,punish, or skip. The best way to vote is going what you feel is the right answer. Put yourself in the reporters shoes then the accussed shoes i find 9 times out of 10 that it helps me make an objective choice.

MichaelJJackson

07-21-2011

i vote punish most of the time. Most cases show up with 6-10 reports for various reasons and it's just hard to ignore that much ****.

When a case doesnt have a lot of reports and they're all minor / suspicious (light or sporadic trashtalk; only one reporter) then I hit pardon. Most of the time that's not the case.

Xooblepoo

07-21-2011

Usually if there's a one-person report, it means they've been reported many many times. I just skim through the chat to see if they're deserving of a pardon. I try to put myself in the accused shoes, because if they're rational and I can see they're deliberately not disruptive I'll pardon. If I put myself in their accused shoes and I have no idea what the hell they were thinking, or why the **** they would say/do things regardless of consequence and feedback, then I swing the banhammer.

Beaumains

07-21-2011

I tend to be more suspicious about lone reports, but one problem is that you don't necessarily know the map; i.e. whether the lone reporter is 1/4, or 1/2. Another problem occurs when multiple but not all allies are friends, and thus won't report each other; so it is conceivable for one person to be constantly flamed by a team w/ one or more ragers, and thus the only one to report. On the other hand, I've seen cases where 2-4 buddies were clearly out to get the odd man out, and despite having all allies report, the accused was actually innocent.

Zielmann

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by norkul View Post
I mean there's always a rager who reports their whole team for surrendering, bieng bad ect.
but does anyone ever punish for these cases?
Given that I actually read through the cases and give them some thought, I just might. Especially if it's verbal abuse, intentional feeding, or assisting the enemy team.

I don't see a reason not to. It's a case, so review it and make your call accordingly.